Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMHO by the letter of the law it’s dangerous play which is a sending off.

The ball is nowhere near, the tackle is side on and high on the leg.

It’s no surprise the tackle led to a nasty injury and as such it should be classed as dangerous play and red carded.

Orange card they call it I think

Nah I want them to actually introduce retrospective punishment, you never know if a player is hurt in the immediate aftermath of the challenge.
didnt this happen to Sonny against Everton was it? Was a Cynical Foul and a Yellow at most , nothing like Cash's yet when they saw how injured the player was Sonny got a red.

Nah I want them to actually introduce retrospective punishment, you never know if a player is hurt in the immediate aftermath of the challenge.

Well for a few seasons retrospective reds became a thing..... Not heard of that in years though.

Regardless; effective policing (i.e. prevention) is routed in punishing the act; not the outcome.

I do. It was a shitty tackle from a cowardly player who no doubt was frustrated that his team were being played off the park.

It’s just not a red.

If that got given against us as a red we’d be raging.

Aside from the fact I disagree with you over the decision.

This was the point I specifically contested: "If Benta gets up unhurt there isn’t even a discussion about it".

You punish the ACT; not the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom