Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bent defending it because he’s a gooner and Cash is a gooner as well.

Everyone in the world knows what Cash intent is there, especially because it was straight after VAR took off their goal.

So fucking done with this corrupt shit cunt of a league.

Every single club that isn’t Sky legacy or oil money needs to start taking their players out

There's an obsession with challenges having to be showing studs to warrant a red card, often completely ignoring force/intent.
Cash's challenge is reckless and out of control and I genuinely believe he doesn't get a red purely because of this obsession with studs showing = red. It is bonkers

They can definitely upgrade though.

Like they did with Curtis Jones against us.

Only cause VAR thought the ref made a clear and obvious error so they summoned the ref to the screen.

Nothing clear and obvious about this one to be honest, it's an orange card for me.

Only cause VAR thought the ref made a clear and obvious error so they summoned the ref to the screen.

Nothing clear and obvious about this one to be honest, it's an orange card for me.

Equally there were lots of people calling the Jones one "orange" too, but it was upgraded none-the-less.

It was a frustrated attempt to take the player out. Watch his eyes, they aren’t even on his feet. If a referee can’t determine the intent and send him off he’s not fit to protect players and should be sacked.
you realise taking a player out doesn't automatically mean a red card right?

of course he took Bentancur out with no intention of playing the ball, anyone can see that.and I don't think anybody is arguing otherwise.

I don't know who these 'lots of people' are but Jones' tackle was never an orange.

I'd agree with you on that, but that's not the point.........

At least with Romero & Jones there was a plausible possibility of winning the ball.

you realise taking a player out doesn't automatically mean a red card right?

of course he took Bentancur out with no intention of playing the ball, anyone can see that.and I don't think anybody is arguing otherwise.

I don’t give a fuck what it means. The referee is there to keep order in the game and not just allow a player to take other players out and injure them.

Yeah I got the jist of what you were saying, no need for clarity.

I’m disagreeing with you disagreeing with that point! There’s a lot of emotional people here, who no doubt feel anger about Benta’s injury and a whole host of poor decisions that have blighted us over the last few weeks.

The fact that this seems to have attracted more outrage than Nketiah‘s attempted amputation of Vicario shows people are letting the emotion of the injury impact their view of the tackle though.

I think that quite a few of us were calling for a Red for Nketiah

I think that quite a few of us were calling for a Red for Nketiah
No disagreement there. The outrage wasn’t as great though.

The injury and result have absolutely heightened the view of the tackle.

Maybe it should? But looking objectively at the tackle it wasn’t a red

Back
Top Bottom