Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

didnt this happen to Sonny against Everton was it? Was a Cynical Foul and a Yellow at most , nothing like Cash's yet when they saw how injured the player was Sonny got a red.

I think his ban was retrospectively downgraded from 3 games to 1...... Something like that; but Sonny was given a straight red (even though upon inspection it was actually later contact from Aurier that sent the oppo player to the floor).

It was a right old clusterfuck.

Last edited:
Aside from the fact I disagree with you over the decision.

This was the point I specifically contested: "If Benta gets up unhurt there isn’t even a discussion about it".

You punish the ACT not the outcome.
Yeah I got the jist of what you were saying, no need for clarity.

I’m disagreeing with you disagreeing with that point! There’s a lot of emotional people here, who no doubt feel anger about Benta’s injury and a whole host of poor decisions that have blighted us over the last few weeks.

The fact that this seems to have attracted more outrage than Nketiah‘s attempted amputation of Vicario shows people are letting the emotion of the injury impact their view of the tackle though.

I think he had no intention of playing the ball and was extremely cynical but I can't say he was using excessive force. Those kind of fouls happen more or less every game and I've honestly never seen one given as a straight red.
look at how high he comes in tho. hes come into bentancur and doherty knee height, its a proper hatchet job. its not like its on the ground where it only clips the boots. hes come in so high thats its seriously dangerous and going to hurt. the cunt needs a good fucking smash in the mouth.

Yeah I got the jist of what you were saying, no need for clarity.

I’m disagreeing with you disagreeing with that point! There’s a lot of emotional people here, who no doubt feel anger about Benta’s injury and a whole host of poor decisions that have blighted us over the last few weeks.

People were livid even before the injury was announced.

The fact that this seems to have attracted more outrage than Nketiah‘s attempted amputation of Vicario shows people are letting the emotion of the injury impact their view of the tackle though.

People were majorly pissed about NKetiah too. Ditto Mudryk on Vic........ Unless you have an accurate 'web-rag-o-meter' to hand this is a bit of a moot point.

People were livid even before the injury was announced.

People were majorly pissed about NKetiah too. Ditto Mudryk on Vic........ Unless you have an accurate 'web-rag-o-meter' to hand this is a bit of a moot point.
Well he went off injured that’s why, he didn’t get up and dominate MF to see give us 3 points.

There’s lots to moan about with reffing decisions recently, including the pen we should have had for the elbow on Gil - this was a petulant and nasty tackle but just not a red.

You won’t find many (if any) non-Spurs fans that thinks it was a red.

You’re thinking with emotion.

It's not exclusively a matter of "excessive force".....

Clearly dangerous...... Scissor-job.
Way too late to be considered a genuine attempt to play the ball...
Nketiah on Vicario was a "scissor-job" and absolutely warranted a straight red.

The Cash foul was cynical but if you literally freeze frame the GIF posted (split second by split second) you can see the contact wasn't recklees enough to warrant a red. In fact, you can't even properly tell which one of Bentancurs ankles he connected with before you realise it looks more like his right shin connects with Bentancurs right shin.

Well he went off injured that’s why, he didn’t get up and dominate MF to see give us 3 points.

There’s lots to moan about with reffing decisions recently, including the pen we should have had for the elbow on Gil - this was a petulant and nasty tackle but just not a red.

You won’t find many (if any) non-Spurs fans that thinks it was a red.

- Andy Goldstein isn't exactly the most Spurs-friendly, but he seems pretty set on it being worthy of a ban.
- Radio comms at HT said he should have walked too..........
- Perry Groves (or was it Parlour? One of the TS Gooners anyway!).....

That's without me having even watched any post-match or read anything other than TFC.

Clearly there will be more than you're prepared to give acknowledge.

You’re thinking with emotion.

No. I'm judging the challenge based on my understanding of the rules.

- Andy Goldstein isn't exactly the most Spurs-friendly, but he seems pretty set on a a ban.
- Radio comms at HT said he should have walked too..........
- Perry Groves (or was it Parlour? One of the TS Gooners anyway!).....

That's without me having even watched any post-match or read anything other than TFC.

Clearly there will be more than you're prepared to give acknowledge.

No. I'm judging the challenge based on my understanding of the rules.
They didn't even discuss it on sky and dermott Gallagher didn't mention it on ref watch either.

Absolute butcher of a tackle. He's not even looking at the ball. Teams have kicked us off the park this season because they can't get near us. Bentancur is an absolute magician. Clear tactic to take him out the game

Nketiah on Vicario was a "scissor-job" and absolutely warranted a straight red.

The Cash foul was cynical but if you literally freeze frame the GIF posted (split second by split second) you can see the contact wasn't recklees enough to warrant a red. In fact, you can't even properly tell which one of Bentancurs ankles he connected with before you realise it looks more like his right shin connects with Bentancurs right shin.

The debate isn't predicated on whether the subsequent injury is to the point of initial contact or not.

"Reckless contact" - Not sure that's even a thing?

The NATURE of a challenge is where any notion of recklessness lies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom