Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we have a referendum?

We don't need to, lots of people will be offended/insulted by the comment and those people will think less of Bentancur as a person so will comment on that. People who don't think racism is that big a deal will try and make out its the meanie wokesters at it again because 'yu just cnt be raycist nymore' and life will go on.

They have every right to do so, racism doesn’t go away just because a we tweeted out a PR apology.

What Bentancur said was racist and incredibly disrespectful to Son and Asian people in general. A few words on social media doesn’t explain or excuse the fact that he said it in the first place.

We need to hear from Bentancur directly and see him sincerely reflect on what he said.
So his intention has nothing to do with it?. Son criticised his language but very clearly stated it was not intended to be hurtful. If people cant factor that in and move on it says more about them in my opinion.

Let's be honest, if this was a gooner player who'd said what Bentancur said, we'd be on him like a ton of bricks.

I want to see a proper, public apology from him then actions to back that up, before he gets forgiveness from me.

Dickhead thing to say.

Sure, I am just one opinion.

Mine is obviously not harsh enough for some. Who's opinion decides?

No-one person.

It doesn't work the way you want it to and numerous people have already explained why.

"Mine is obviously not harsh enough for some"

Think that's just being somewhat childish...... Not sure you genuinely want to understand here tbh.

So his intention has nothing to do with it?. Son criticised his language but very clearly stated it was not intended to be hurtful. If people cant factor that in and move on it says more about them in my opinion.

"Yeah it was racist 'guv but I didn't intend to be hurtful, honest".

Son doesn't get to decide. Anymore than if somebody made a racist comment towards a black player and the black player said "oh i dont really mind" - the racist comment would still be made, and the racist comment applies to BILLIONS of people.

"Yeah it was racist 'guv but I didn't intend to be hurtful, honest".

Son doesn't get to decide. Anymore than if somebody made a racist comment towards a black player and the black player said "oh i dont really mind" - the racist comment would still be made, and the racist comment applies to BILLIONS of people.
So his intention was to personally hurt billions of people? Idiot.

Son doesn't determine intent.

Only RB truly knows his intent; but he only has two explanations here:

1. Racism
2. CompIete ignorance & stupidity; which none the less doesn't stop his words being offensive to those that the trope speaks of.

So his intention was to personally hurt billions of people? Idiot.

His intention doesn't fucking matter, the comment was ignorant. Lots of people say """harmless"""" racist things without meaning to upset anyone, but they're still uneducated and ignorant for doing it. But fucking hell, why am I bothering? You're Samisspurs. Short of someone dressing up as the KKK and burning someone at the stake you're going to call any kind of racism call something something woke.

What he said was stupid and insulting to people and probably a huge let down for loads of fans around the world.

No-one person.

It doesn't work the way you want it to and numerous people have already explained why.

"Mine is obviously not harsh enough for some"

Think that's just being somewhat childish...... Not sure you genuinely want to understand here tbh.

What is it you want me to understand?

What is it that you think I don’t understand?

Son doesn't determine intent.

Only RB truly knows his intent; but he only has two explanations here:

1. Racism
2. CompIete ignorance & stupidity; which none the less doesn't stop his words being offensive to those that the trope speaks of.
So irrelevant that they are mates off the pitch and probably take the piss out of each other regularly? One of them offended the church of woke so no penance is enough.

We don't need to, lots of people will be offended/insulted by the comment and those people will think less of Bentancur as a person so will comment on that. People who don't think racism is that big a deal will try and make out its the meanie wokesters at it again because 'yu just cnt be raycist nymore' and life will go on.

They are entitled to think less of him.

That’s not the point I’m making.

I’m asking now what? What do we actually want to achieve by continuing here?

Saying racist things has consequences and people don't forget it very quickly. I'd prefer to live in a society where these sort of things aren't just treated as "oopsie, he said sorry oh well!" personally. I don't particularly want anything to happen but I do think its perfectly fine if he has to stew a bit in the social media limelight for what he said.

This was Son being diplomatic
I bet he's privately really pissed off but he's probably quoting the official club line.

Saying racist things has consequences and people don't forget it very quickly. I'd prefer to live in a society where these sort of things aren't just treated as "oopsie, he said sorry oh well!" personally. I don't particularly want anything to happen but I do think its perfectly fine if he has to stew a bit in the social media limelight for what he said.

You get to decide what kind of society we live in? And RB stewing in the social media limelight is more of the type of society you want?

Nothing.... It is what it is... But it's not ok now just cos Sonny & Rod are still buddies.

What do you think this "continuation" entails?

Back
Top Bottom