Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see Ploddy Ploddencur has lost his place in the Uruguayan team now that they are coached by Bielsa, who needs players who can move quicker than a bathtub.
From previous comments, Bielsa loves him. This was after he played very well v Argentina in November:

“There are not many players who defend like a holding midfielder, who attack and defend like an interior, like a number 8, like a mixed midfielder, and that when they reach the rival area he has the resources, the qualities of an offensive midfielder.
“It is a very special case within football in general. A player who in himself meets the conditions for all places on the field. Today he stood out clearly.”

Probably just easing him back in as he was clearly nowhere near ready to play the amount he did second half of last season, and when you’ve got Valverde and Ugarte there’s no reason to rush it.

Would not be surprised if he got the start v the US.

Side note, this amused me. Love Bielsa.

View: https://x.com/hltco/status/1806592733030539460?s=46&t=mvKqt5kgoBBzuVXG2eDGEw

Last edited:
From previous comments, Bielsa loves him. This was after he played very well v Argentina in November:

“There are not many players who defend like a holding midfielder, who attack and defend like an interior, like a number 8, like a mixed midfielder, and that when they reach the rival area he has the resources, the qualities of an offensive midfielder.
“It is a very special case within football in general. A player who in himself meets the conditions for all places on the field. Today he stood out clearly.”

Probably just easing him back in as he was clearly nowhere near ready to play the amount he did second half of last season, and when you’ve got Valverde and Ugarte there’s no reason to rush it.

View: https://x.com/hltco/status/1806592733030539460?s=46&t=mvKqt5kgoBBzuVXG2eDGEw

Imagine Bielsa as England manager

Then he dropped him. (he might start the next game because Uruguay already qualified I think)

Was the Brazilian player Emerson Royal?

PS
Good to have you back BBLG

Have you ever been to Swaffham in Norfolk?

But it’s got a Waitrose so there!

sucking ice cream GIF

Then he dropped him. (he might start the next game because Uruguay already qualified I think)

Was the Brazilian player Emerson Royal?

PS
Good to have you back BBLG
Thanks! Been a funny old time.

I think Bentancur’s big injury came at a point where he was driving us on well and consistently. Remains to be seen if that’s a player we’ll see to the level we need, but I’d say that’s true of all our midfielders based on everything we’ve seen since the Chelsea match in November.

Thanks! Been a funny old time.

I think Bentancur’s big injury came at a point where he was driving us on well and consistently. Remains to be seen if that’s a player we’ll see to the level we need, but I’d say that’s true of all our midfielders based on everything we’ve seen since the Chelsea match in November.

I’m not saying he’s terrible, like Sissoko terrible. But he’s a plodder BB, always was, still is. A pretty meh Juve didn’t want him.

I’m not saying he’s terrible, like Sissoko terrible. But he’s a plodder BB, always was, still is. A pretty meh Juve didn’t want him.
he always looks like he’s got plenty of time and can normally play at his own pace. Don’t mean he’s a plodder though. At his best he’s a class player, glides with the ball, great balance. If I remember you didn’t rate Dembele either? Maybe a blind spot with a certain style of midfielder

Back
Top Bottom