Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think what you have said about the passing of Hojbjerg and Winks says more about the tactics employed under Mourinho and Santo than it does about the players. Bentancur isn't a progressive-thinking or attacking-style midfielder, he's more of a basic CM, and there is no way he's going to be the next Eriksen. If we do get that creative midfielder we need over the summer, and Conte sticks to his current formation, Bentancur is going to have to be a more defensive-minded CM and replace PEH and/or Skipp if he wants to be in the starting lineup. From what I've seen so far, I'm not sure he can.
I was not equating Bentancur with Eriksen. They're different players.

What I was saying is that their first instinct was/is to move the ball offensively or quickly thus building momentum.

Winks and Hojbjerg's first instinct is to retain possession thus a sideways or backwards pass. It also plagues Davies (but not Reguillon) and Doherty (and to a lesser extent Emerson. However he's technically limited in delivering his attacking instincts).

We need to get the ball early to our attackers rather than killing momentum and allowing the opposition to get eleven players behind the ball.

What I was saying is that their first instinct was/is to move the ball offensively or quickly thus building momentum.

Winks and Hojbjerg's first instinct is to retain possession thus a sideways or backwards pass. It also plagues Davies (but not Reguillon) and Doherty (and to a lesser extent Emerson. However he's technically limited in delivering his attacking instincts).

We need to get the ball early to our attackers rather than killing momentum and allowing the opposition to get eleven players behind the ball.
Spot on. Great post

Totally agree

Back
Top Bottom