Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was my MoTM tonight, almost everything goes through him. Never admires a pass, shifts position immediately after passing so always open for a return. Still getting up to speed with the league but just love what he does. Helps the defence out too, as prepared to take the ball to feet under pressure. Without the ball positionally he's spot on and uses his body so well to get between ball and oppo. (Kulu also possibly MoTM too but went for Bentancur as he's quietly becoming our controller).

gives us presence and bite in the war zone thats what he does! so needed, especially in this fucking league too, no place for choir boys. he can play a bit too his passing is decent i like his composure.

the fact he was ridiculed by juventus fans makes me laugh, i dread to think what they would of been like with some of the shit weve had to suffer over the last few years.

Glad to see him coming back after a short injury break - definitely look better with him in our side.

Looking forward to introducing him to Mr Skipp - missing since end January - think the two together could be very important for us next season.

Bentancur's been a very good purchase from Juventus - as has Kulusevski. Wonder if we are looking at any of their unwanted players who might be of similar quality

gives us presence and bite in the war zone thats what he does! so needed, especially in this fucking league too, no place for choir boys. he can play a bit too his passing is decent i like his composure.

the fact he was ridiculed by juventus fans makes me laugh, i dread to think what they would of been like with some of the shit weve had to suffer over the last few years.
Send them Winks and they'll be rioting in Turin if they had to watch him play. This lad is already miles better and is younger as well. Thankfully him and Skipp will be a solid midfield 2 to build on if we can get another couple like that in there we'll be in far better shape.

Send them Winks and they'll be rioting in Turin if they had to watch him play. This lad is already miles better and is younger as well. Thankfully him and Skipp will be a solid midfield 2 to build on if we can get another couple like that in there we'll be in far better shape.
fingers crossed thats the end of that little weasel choir boy. even PEH looks decent next to a competent midfield partner like bentancur.

if we can keep the core of the 11 today fit then we have a great chance at top 4 with the run in imo. fancy us against anyone with this side. weve already beaten the best team in the world. well struggle to beat the sides that sit deep but we have a bit of flair out there now and at least bentancur and PEH do look to play forward with intent and sharpness.

Looking at the games he’s played in, it looks like we have won all games himself and Hoijberg have started and finished the game together. Burnley he started but we were still drawing by the time he got subbed off. With no cup games between now and the end of the season, provided they can stay fit and free of injuries, that’s the starting CM pairing

Looking at the games he’s played in, it looks like we have won all games himself and Hoijberg have started and finished the game together. Burnley he started but we were still drawing by the time he got subbed off. With no cup games between now and the end of the season, provided they can stay fit and free of injuries, that’s the starting CM pairing
I miss the days of Winks and Sissoko - the dream team.

He isn't world class and will be need to be paired with players with better passing ability and creativity but is such a massive upgrade over Winks and PEH that he is what we need in our starting 11 right now.

He isn't world class and will be need to be paired with players with better passing ability and creativity but is such a massive upgrade over Winks and PEH that he is what we need in our starting 11 right now.

Bentancur, Skipp and Tielemans or Maddison (as much of a cunt he is) would do nicely for next season, in my opinion.

Bentancur, Skipp and Tielemans or Maddison (as much of a cunt he is) would do nicely for next season, in my opinion.

Tielemans is well sketchy..... Great on his day, but can be a real lazy cunt when he doesn't fancy it.

In fact I'd steer clear of the pair of them.

he actually has the tools to be unreal. very powerful when he runs, reminds me a bit of yaya toure in that aspect, hes absolutely motoring but it doesnt look quick because of his size.

his technique is decent enough too, i think he just needs to work on decision making when he has a bit of time to think, its not all the time but sometimes he looks to play himself into trouble by taking too long on the ball in certain situations. if he can sort that out he could be an absolute gem.

Tielemans is well sketchy..... Great on his day, but can be a real lazy cunt when he doesn't fancy it.

In fact I'd steer clear of the pair of them.

I've only noticed that at times this season, the lack of effort on occasions. Both would give us what we're missing at times which is goals and penetration from midfield. Not saying there aren't other players around that wouldn't throughout Europe though.

he actually has the tools to be unreal. very powerful when he runs, reminds me a bit of yaya toure in that aspect, hes absolutely motoring but it doesnt look quick because of his size.

his technique is decent enough too, i think he just needs to work on decision making when he has a bit of time to think, its not all the time but sometimes he looks to play himself into trouble by taking too long on the ball in certain situations. if he can sort that out he could be an absolute gem.
I just think that a) He's not up to speed (hardly anyone is yet) with Conte's system b) He's getting used to the speed to the Legaue. Both I think are more than expected given he's not long been with us.

Back
Top Bottom