Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good game, the hammering he got here for being below par in the previous match was embarrassing. Even last night he got caught one overplaying, but generally the work he does off the ball and the drive he has on it us sub a vast improvement in our midfield. And I don’t know of anyone else has noticed, but Højbjerg has looked far better this past few matches too now that he’s paired with a midfielder who takes some responsibility.

Outclassed Bissouma, a midfielder every Spurs fan seems to be frothing between the legs over, last night,

“Honestly, tonight it is very difficult to speak about a single player because the whole team played a good game. For sure, to see Rodrigo Bentancur and Deki Kulusevski go into the team so quickly in this idea of football is great for us,” Conte said, per Football.London.

“I said to you after these two signings now we are more complete, especially in midfield because we lost Skipp for two/three months in this moment. We needed to have a player like Rodrigo.”

It's refreshing watching a midfielder not shit himself when receiving a ball after all this time. If only we had another alongside him - 10 more games and we can relegate PEH to the Winks role and Winks to the glue factory.

His calmness on the ball really helps us play out from the back, proper Conte midfielder. He, Romero and Dier is a good footballing trio to build with, add a better LCB than Davies and we are cooking.

He even made Emerson look competent in their interchanges when he came on! Magician.
I was with you until you dissed Ben. Now you've lost my vote.

He even made Emerson look competent in their interchanges when he came on! Magician
As much as I think that he should be upgraded on, Emerson's issue was never about interchanging or understanding the other players. It was always about his shit delivery, and the fact that he can't cross the ball to save his life.

I do love Bentancur though (which makes me look like a mug because when the rumours started I said he was just another Hojbjerg from watching Juve). He's forming a good partnership with Hojbjerg, which makes me hopeful that we can also use the 3-5-2 with Skipp in some cases, instead of 3-4-3.

His stats speak for themselves - and deservedly MotM

Remarkable value for £16m, and has adapted to PL without any real delay.

Is forming a decent partnership with Hojbjerg (£15m ?) and looking forward to seeing him playing alongside Skipp (free from academy just as Winks is)

And that quartet is already looking infinitely better than the £100m duo of Ndomebele and Lo Celso who were a disgrace.

Watched a Lot of him at Juve and some with Uruguay and said when he signed he was top quality and he is showing it. Calm on the ball always looking to use it well and he has the ability to dictate the game, think he will be a very important player fo us going forward, with Skipp and PEH fighting it out to play with him. Massive upgrade on Winks

He's fucking ordinary personified. Defensively meh, very little press resistance, really ordinary passing.

Honestly, I'd rather we bought someone like Caqueret than Bentancur. Caqueret's not perfect, but he's got more energy and drive and is more press resistant than Bentancur.

And someone like Sangare is about three times the player Bentancur is.

Meh. Fucking meh.
Sangere three times the player? Bentancur has hit the ground running where as, according to Leicester fans, Sangare has no defensive awareness, not aggressive enough, doesn't run enough (sounding like Ndomebele so far) and doesn't progress the ball with his passing enough. He is apparently really good at using his strength to keep hold of the ball and decent at dribbling forward with it.

Personally, I would much rather we stay clear of CMs in Lique 1, unless they have insane stats like Kante had, they seem to struggle with the work rate required & speed of the PL.

Sangere three times the player? Bentancur has hit the ground running where as, according to Leicester fans, Sangare has no defensive awareness, not aggressive enough, doesn't run enough (sounding like Ndomebele so far) and doesn't progress the ball with his passing enough. He is apparently really good at using his strength to keep hold of the ball and decent at dribbling forward with it.

Personally, I would much rather we stay clear of CMs in Lique 1, unless they have insane stats like Kante had, they seem to struggle with the work rate required & speed of the PL.

Why do we care what Leicester fans think about Sangare who plays for PSV?

Why do we care what Leicester fans think about Sangare who plays for PSV?
He's fucking ordinary personified. Defensively meh, very little press resistance, really ordinary passing.

Honestly, I'd rather we bought someone like Caqueret than Bentancur. Caqueret's not perfect, but he's got more energy and drive and is more press resistant than Bentancur.

And someone like Sangare is about three times the player Bentancur is.

Meh. Fucking meh.
I think you’re harsh on Bentancur. He may not be the second coming of Modric, but I think he’s much better on the ball than all our other CMs based on the evidence thus far, a better athlete too and while not a playmaker of any sort, he’s easily more proactive when there’s opportunity to progress play quickly. Additionally, he is definitely a god sniffer of danger when we’re defending. I think with coaching there a very good player there, and he’s already improved our level a fair bit.

He was poor v United but overall I think he’s made a good start to his career with us.

His stats speak for themselves - and deservedly MotM

Remarkable value for £16m, and has adapted to PL without any real delay.

Is forming a decent partnership with Hojbjerg (£15m ?) and looking forward to seeing him playing alongside Skipp (free from academy just as Winks is)

Jerry Seinfeld Applause GIF

And that quartet is already looking infinitely better than the £100m duo of Ndomebele and Lo Celso who were a disgrace.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Dicks around far too much for my liking. He has ability but he's too casual when on the ball. You might get away with it to an extent in Italy but not in the Premier League.

I think you’re harsh on Bentancur. He may not be the second coming of Modric, but I think he’s much better on the ball than all our other CMs based on the evidence thus far, a better athlete too and while not a playmaker of any sort, he’s easily more proactive when there’s opportunity to progress play quickly. Additionally, he is definitely a god sniffer of danger when we’re defending. I think with coaching there a very good player there, and he’s already improved our level a fair bit.

He was poor v United but overall I think he’s made a good start to his career with us.

But according to our vaunted resident expert, Bus Conductor, PEH, Winks, Skipp and Bentancur are all the same kind of player! No real differences at all between them. What's to debate?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom