Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentancur does things better than Dembele:

- Better engine
- Better passer
-More of a goal threat
- Better presser

Dembele obviously the better dribbler and probably stronger defensively though I don't think there is much in that.

Yes, I also admitted that he has some attributes that are stronger.

But I think I would change "better presser" to "better at supporting defence". Cause as I mentioned, he is much more efficient in blocking shots + in tackling as well. Sometimes Moose stole the ball from opposition, but that was mainly shoulder-against-shoulder situation or smth like that. But Bentancur puts in more tackles that stop the opposition players moving towards our goal.

I don’t think Bentancur’s at the level of peak Dembele, but this is rubbish. He may not be as confident as Dembele was or looked, but he’s certainly doing a job under pressure.

Also you’re forgetting that Dembele had some poor games aswell, it’s not like he was playing every game like that 2-2 away game at Juventus.

Of course Dembele had weaker games as well.
But I stand by my words regarding retaining possession under pressure. We've seen that proven in ManU game where we just could not string two passes together after 20th minute. Same happened in NLD and Chelscum game as well. I think even in Leicester game 1st half he lost the ball so many times...

It is his style of play but he does not want to stay with the ball if opposition players are closely surrounding him. There are players who dribble and carry the ball much more conveniently than Benta does. Sorry.

- Better engine
- Better passer
-More of a goal threat
- Better presser

Dembele obviously the better dribbler and probably stronger defensively though I don't think there is much in that.

Benta has been great but Mousa legit was the glue that held our side together I've seen known a player like him.

You couldnt press the man he was a joy to watch

The revisionism about Dembele is absolutely mental, people speak as if he was Modric or something.

Oh shut up, Dembele was the most underrated CM in the league for years. So many our big game performances he was the key to.

Bentancur's done really well for us but not a patch on Moussa at all. That man was the definition of an unplayable footballer at his best.

- Better engine
- Better passer
-More of a goal threat
- Better presser

Bentancur is more well rounded but Dembele was legitimately the best in world football at resisting a press and one of the best at carrying the ball up the pitch. He had some of the quickest feet around and combined that with being a tank.

I'll take a couple of stand out, game changing attributes all day over a well rounded CM.

Oh shut up, Dembele was the most underrated CM in the league for years. So many our big game performances he was the key to.

Bentancur's done really well for us but not a patch on Moussa at all. That man was the definition of an unplayable footballer at his best.

It's such a crying shame that he got lost in the shuffle once AVB left; thru to the end of Poch's first year.

What a waste.... Even AVB didn't have the measure of him.

It's such a crying shame that he got lost in the shuffle once AVB left; thru to the end of Poch's first year.

What a waste.... Even AVB didn't have the measure of him.

Was a total game changer. I remember there was a week where we had a couple of huge games and he was just a beast in both of them. The ultimate in owning a midfield with a combination of technical ability and power.

Baffles me that we could have any fan who doesn't love Moussa ... that man was a joy to watch play the game.

Was a total game changer. I remember there was a week where we had a couple of huge games and he was just a beast in both of them. The ultimate in owning a midfield with a combination of technical ability and power.

Baffles me that we could have any fan who doesn't love Moussa ... that man was a joy to watch play the game.
Unless you're talking about Sissoko then it was Mousa...

There was too much pre-occupation with the player he wasn't.....

First it was "Hmmmm, he's not Modric/playmaker"
Then it was "Hmmmm he doesn't score or assist enough".

Mind you, like I noted..... He had 3 different managers bamboozled too.

Imagine a MF of him, Kante & Modric all at their peak.... Ho-Lee-fuck!!!

.......That said, Vic/Moussa/Eriksen was sick as fuck whilst it lasted.

Last edited:
There was too much pre-occupation with the player he wasn't.....

First it was "Hmmmm, he's not Modric/playmaker"
Then it was "Hmmmm he doesn't score or assist enough".

Mind you, like I noted..... He had 3 different managers bamboozled too.

Imagine a MF of him, Kante & Modrix all at their peak.... Ho-Lee-fuck!!!

.......That said, Vic/Moussa/Eriksen was sick as fuck whilst it lasted.

He was the ultimate facilitator. Allowed more creative players to do their thing, it's no wonder all the players loved him & said he was the best player at the club.

A player's player. People who have played alongside them at any level get how important they are - they won't grab goals or assists but they make sure other players do.

- Better engine
- Better passer
-More of a goal threat
- Better presser

Dembele’s press resistance meant almost no team could bully us in midfield. In Conte’s team we would probably stick him in the 6 role at the base to shut up shop.

The revisionism about Dembele is absolutely mental, people speak as if he was Modric or something.
While Moose was with us I compared our PPG with him and then without.

One was top 4 form, the other was nowhere

Klopp 1st game i/c, the players were running around like lunatics to impress. Moose had as many as 3 trying to get the ball off him. He never lost it once.

With him in MF, there was always an outball.

Back
Top Bottom