Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While Moose was with us I compared our PPG with him and then without.

One was top 4 form, the other was nowhere

Klopp 1st game i/c, the players were running around like lunatics to impress. Moose had as many as 3 trying to get the ball off him. He never lost it once.

With him in MF, there was always an outball.

Yeah but ... but overrated because he wasn't as good as Modric who is one of the best midfielders ever.

Oh No Eye Roll GIF by Aardman Animations

He’s playing great but not a patch on the Mouse. Probably the best Spurs player I have seen play in my lifetime. On his day, literally unplayable. Would glide past the best players in the world and could resist the press from the same. Mesmerizing to watch and I can’t think of any player since who can match his technique. Not just from Spurs, but in world football.

He’s playing great but not a patch on the Mouse. Probably the best Spurs player I have seen play in my lifetime. On his day, literally unplayable. Would glide past the best players in the world and could resist the press from the same. Mesmerizing to watch and I can’t think of any player since who can match his technique. Not just from Spurs, but in world football.
did you not watch football when modric was playing then?

Was a total game changer. I remember there was a week where we had a couple of huge games and he was just a beast in both of them. The ultimate in owning a midfield with a combination of technical ability and power.

Baffles me that we could have any fan who doesn't love Moussa ... that man was a joy to watch play the game.
I think back to a run of games we had in the first season at Wembley

Played Utd at home , Liverpool away and Woolwich at Home

7 points out of 9 and Dembele was pivotal in all 3

Of course Dembele had weaker games as well.
But I stand by my words regarding retaining possession under pressure. We've seen that proven in ManU game where we just could not string two passes together after 20th minute. Same happened in NLD and Chelscum game as well. I think even in Leicester game 1st half he lost the ball so many times...

It is his style of play but he does not want to stay with the ball if opposition players are closely surrounding him. There are players who dribble and carry the ball much more conveniently than Benta does. Sorry.
A lot of this can also be attributed to the system.

Poch's 4231 gave the two in midfield a CAM ahead of them to help out.

Conte's 343 really exposes the two CM's and when they play against good teams with 3 in midfield it will always be a struggle. The trade-off, in theory, is that the front 3 make us more dangerous on the counter.

To come full circle..... From the YT comments 2 years ago:

"As Comps, I would recommend you to make a video on Rodrigo Bentancur he is arguably the best in Serie A. What a season he's having"

:pochsmirk:
And a comment from some plonker with a youtube account calling themselves Airfixx

To come full circle..... From the YT comments 2 years ago:

"As Comps, I would recommend you to make a video on Rodrigo Bentancur he is arguably the best in Serie A. What a season he's having"

In Allegri I Rodrigo was a fixed point of Juventus. Since Sarri-balls it had gotten worse. I liked it a lot

I loved Mousa, I think I still do. I offered to have his children though that was via email as the restraining order had kicked in by then. Man was a strong as bull and as elegant as a gazelle. He made our players step up a gear and opposition players take a step back.

Bents can be great too with a bit of time and some decent partners in MF.

Moose was so physically dominant, and so much fun to watch but in terms of effectiveness I prefer Bentancur tbh. He's a pretty decent dribbler and actually covers a lot more ground and his forward passing is slightly better.

Back
Top Bottom