Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No idea what that means but...hi Dorothy????

c4c3442e9f731bc9783c83bf1389ecb0.gif

Aside from the goal how did he play? Was he creative at all? Was he a better defensive presence than Hoj? Winks? How much did he run?

Came close again with another shot from a similar range, but tbh there wasn't much in the way of central MF play from Uraguay otherwise..... Seemed get forward more than I was expecting though.

If u guys wonder how does he play not looking at the YT compilations which are sometimes misleading. Im Juve fan and was watching him regulary for at least few years now.
This guy only shines in defensive phase and has a great engine, if the game suits his playstyle he will do good.
The problems he has are always the same:
- he cant score to save his life, the last evening goal was probably once in a season or two. For Juve his last goal was scored in january 2020.
- he cant play under pressure - thats what was the most irritiating in him for any Juve fan, this guy would loose so many dangerous balls when pressed that we really couldnt trust him anymore.
- passing, as it was already said, at Juve for me he was ruining flow of every attack, because he just cant pass anything but simple clear pass, whenever we got a faster pace exchange between players and he is receiving the ball he will stop, think and pass it backwards or the the wing back, rarely those forward passes in those situation, it was really frustrating to watch.

Saying all of this most of us, Juve fans think Conte can change his game and make him one of his warriors, but i really doubt he could make him anything more than just a good player. Which is still probably pretty good outcome for 19m.

He's a good squad player of the level we already have, we can rotate him in with Hojbjerg, Skipp and Winks depending upon opposition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom