Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember the hysterical reaction from a few fans when Spurs "only" managed to sign Rodrigo & Dejan. There was no end to how shit Levy and, particularly, Paratici were 😁
Paratici was even accused of being a Juve agent with NO idea about non-Seri A players, etc., etc.
Those people are quiet now while stuffing themselves with humble pies.
I am glad that Paratici - unlike a few members - did not consult Juve fan forums when taking his decisions...
PS! It is still early though. To properly judge a player the concerning players should be given 2 seasons

Name names :sneaky:

Let's talk about 25 million for Emerson Royale with cheese before we start canonising the D.O.F juries definitely still out...

Not in terms of the preposterous drivel being spouted about Fab using us to launder money for Juve and other such Arcspace-style horse-shit.

Nor the selective ignorance of those melting about how badly we'd "weakened" the squad in Jan or feverishly having a misery wank over Juve forums.

Let's talk about 25 million for Emerson Royale with cheese before we start canonising the D.O.F juries definitely still out...
No DoF is ever going to get them all right, if you get 2/3rds right you're absolutely elite.

Romero, Kulusevski, and Bentancur is a pretty good return for 9 months in the job and two windows. Gil and Sarr are promising youngsters. Royal looks awful, but he's young and we might get some money back.

This summer will be a huge litmus test.

No DoF is ever going to get them all right, if you get 2/3rds right you're absolutely elite.

A key factor is don't get the expensive ones wrong.... Cheapish duds are still relatively easy to shift, but trying to shift duds that only bigger clubs than ourselves can afford is a hiding to nothing.

:cough cough: :tanguyhuh:

Not in terms of the preposterous drivel being spouted about Fab using us to launder money for Juve and other such Arcspace-style horse-shit.

Nor the selective ignorance of those melting about how badly we'd "weakened" the squad in Jan or feverishly having a misery wank over Juve forums.
Oh I agree with that. Just as embarrassing as the 'Don' Paratici crap. Its too soon to say. As for whether we weakened the squad or not we certainly didn't do near as much as Conte wanted. Know for a fact Spence was closer than people think. And we could definitely use another option at RWB

Oh I agree with that. Just as embarrassing as the 'Don' Paratici crap. Its too soon to say. As for whether we weakened the squad or not we certainly didn't do near as much as Conte wanted. Know for a fact Spence was closer than people think. And we could definitely use another option at RWB

Show me a manager that has everything he wants...... They always want more.

Considering it was January and we ended up "more complete" then that was a decent window.

As for Spence; how was that meant to work? He was already on a 12month loan at Forest.

He is horrible where ever he is played shocking footballer. And that still makes zero sense when three centerbacks and attacking wing back IS Nuno's preference. Something very odd happened here not sure we will ever know what that was.

Nuno was playing 4-3-3 with us.

Not saying he was great but he is better in a back 4 as a defensive full back not rhe role he's playing in now.

A key factor is don't get the expensive ones wrong.... Cheapish duds are still relatively easy to shift, but trying to shift duds that only bigger clubs than ourselves can afford is a hiding to nothing.

:cough cough: :tanguyhuh:
Yeah spot on. Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Sanchez all costing over 40m with Ndombele being 55m, is just so unspeakably bad.

4k71ndcbcmo81.jpg

The dynamic duo.

Holy shit, I did not realize how good his pass was into Kane before Son's goal. Totally bypasses Rice and gives Kane space to deliver.

That's as good as Kane's assist. Beautiful ball progression when he could have much more easily just recycled possession instead. Makes such a difference to have midfielders who want to play positively.
Agree 100%.

The caveat is that THIS (the move) is prime Conte ball. For me that pass (along with Kane’s) were the passes of the game BUT they are only achieved with the receivers getting their timing of their runs right. Things are beginning to click, Conte ball is clicking (there’s still going to be the odd game of inconsistent timing).

The reason why I mention this is it’s not the player per se that’s playing positively, they are doing this under instruction and as a consequence of the runs made. It’s more of a team thing than individual. Although it dose take genuine ability to play those two passes for sure.

I remember the hysterical reaction from a few fans when Spurs "only" managed to sign Rodrigo & Dejan. There was no end to how shit Levy and, particularly, Paratici were 😁
Paratici was even accused of being a Juve agent with NO idea about non-Seri A players, etc., etc.
Those people are quiet now while stuffing themselves with humble pies.
I am glad that Paratici - unlike a few members - did not consult Juve fan forums when taking his decisions...
PS! It is still early though. To properly judge a player the concerning players should be given 2 seasons
Its what happens when opinions are driven by another agenda.

I cannot believe there are people here who think this guy is the Uruguayan Winks.......I mean, get yourselves down to Specsavers asap :contefacepalm::contefacepalm2:

He's so calm it's unreal when under pressure. Always looks to move forward even when facing the wrong way, he'd rather turn with the ball than pass it back to a defender. Very pleased how this is working out.

Back
Top Bottom