Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am a Bentencur fan but with this long term injury it is a whole lot different to be fit to play and play as well as he did before the injury. He has had no pre season and will have to compete with the other midfield players for mins. With only weekend matches he will find it difficult to break into the team and even if he plays COULD be a shadow of his best for some time. I think it will be January before he is back to his best.

I am a Bentencur fan but with this long term injury it is a whole lot different to be fit to play and play as well as he did before the injury. He has had no pre season and will have to compete with the other midfield players for mins. With only weekend matches he will find it difficult to break into the team and even if he plays COULD be a shadow of his best for some time. I think it will be January before he is back to his best.
An ACL is often described as a two-year injury, one to heal then another to regain full confidence in planting and cutting and being athletically explosive again on the knee.

We are fortunate to have a strong midfield and no Europe, it will allow us to give him the time he needs to recover properly. I dread to think how quick we would allow him to play in previous seasons.

firstteam_2023_24_rodrigobentancur_1.png

:eek:

This season there should be zero expectations for him. If he recovers well and doesn’t have any setbacks then 24/25 he might be back to his best. Any contribution he makes this year is a bonus.

That will feel like a new signing. The good thing is with Biss,Sarr and Madders is that we don’t have to rush him back. If we can get him firing leading up to the African nations then hopefully missing Biss won’t be as big a blow to us. I still think we should sign another centre mid once we sell Hojbjerg to athletico.

Back
Top Bottom