Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1) Are you honestly calling Chelsea a "big boy"?
2) Chelsea have a track record of buying top players and relegating them to squad back up. He wants to rebuild his career and the Chelsea model has been that if you don't hit the ground running you end up on the sidelines, big wages or otherwise. Far better to join a side that will give you the chance of being on show. Credit to him for being one of teh few players to spot this. But if it was just about trying as much as possible, why isn't he doing it at Everton?
Yes I am saying they are a big boy. League titles, Multiple cups, CL winners and one of highest payers in fees and wages in World football. If that doesn't constitute a big boy what the he'll does?

I don't think they all think like that at all. For many (hello Danny) a couple of good seasons seems to make them think they are entitled to a place in a top team.

I think it can go one of two ways. He comes in, does the business and usurps the likes of Dele, etc, meaning the latter has to up his game, or he kills his career by being a perennial bench warmer. Still, if he's minded to take the challenge then I suppose that outweighs the rest.
Potential for thread diversion here, but that is not what Danny said. He said he wanted to be part of a squad like Chelsea ... that could hold its own with a team like us while having Hazard and Costa on the bench. In other words, he was asking for more competition in the squad, not less. I am guessing that in his "showdown" talks with Poch and Levy (if that ever really happened) they explained that they were thinking along the same lines.

Double edged sword. If he can do this to Everton, he can do it to us if he signs, comes good and the big boys come knocking.

He's just turned down th Champions of England as he wants us? I wouldn't be worried about the big boys, as we are one now.

Llorente turned down Chelsea.
Aurier turned down a move to Juve
Sanchez turned down Barca.

Barkley wants us, and he'll add some depth that we need. In games where it isn't working for Dele or Eriksen, or when we have 3 games in a week, he can really do us a favour.

Bizarre

Read in the paper this morning that he didn't want to join a new club when injured

Why let it go so far?

Don't think he'd be great for us tbh, lacks tactical discipline, which is why Koeman doesn't rate him

We have tapped him up - this is my view on it. He wants to play for us and we have told him we will get him, if we save money on the transfer we increase his signing on fee. If he is out until Dec and only wants to play for us we can knock off another £10M.

Can understand why any young(ish) player with potential would want to come and learn under Poch.

On the Everton forum, they really are an odd lot... but the way we reacted to Walker thinks there would be some who would be the same.

I'd take Poch's judgement and ability to coach over Koeman's everyday of the week.

Yeah, you've got a point there. So would I.

On that, who's Koeman clearly made better at Everton? I remember him chewing out Barkley last Sept and causing damage there, and I remember his quite disgusting treatment of Niasse.

1) Are you honestly calling Chelsea a "big boy"?
2) Chelsea have a track record of buying top players and relegating them to squad back up. He wants to rebuild his career and the Chelsea model has been that if you don't hit the ground running you end up on the sidelines, big wages or otherwise. Far better to join a side that will give you the chance of being on show. Credit to him for being one of teh few players to spot this. But if it was just about trying as much as possible, why isn't he doing it at Everton?

Chelsea became and will remain a big boy until the rules dry up.

Yeah, you've got a point there. So would I.

On that, who's Koeman clearly made better at Everton? I remember him chewing out Barkley last Sept and causing damage there, and I remember his quite disgusting treatment of Niasse.
I can't stand the guy, goes back to his free kick against England plus I hate they way he looks and carries himself, irrational I know but he comes across an absolute cunt, from his touchline spats, lies about committing himself to Southampton then immediately singing for Everton, then weeks latter whoreing himself out to Barca. All I see is a grotesque smirking and bitching bloke in a ill fitting suit.

I can't stand the guy, goes back to his free kick against England plus I hate they way he looks and carries himself, irrational I know but he comes across an absolute cunt, from his touchline spats, lies about committing himself to Southampton then immediately singing for Everton, then weeks latter whoreing himself out to Barca. All I see is a grotesque smirking and bitching bloke in a ill fitting suit.

There's a ruthless arrogance to him - I think Everton will be the pinnacle of his managerial career

He had an awful run at Saints over Christmas one year and I was surprised he didn't get sacked then, had the feeling him being a stellar playing name helped him then and helps him now to get away with doing bad things

There's a ruthless arrogance to him - I think Everton will be the pinnacle of his managerial career

He had an awful run at Saints over Christmas one year and I was surprised he didn't get sacked then, had the feeling him being a stellar playing name helped him then and helps him now to get away with doing bad things
So he's what ryan Giggs would like be as a manager then

I'll be shocked if Everton improve on last year, thought they were the worst team to visit the Lane last year. The only players I like are those that their academy have produced (nothing to do with him, all highly thought of before his arrival).

The boy seems to have well & truly burned his bridges with EFC. At least 95% of the fans have turned on him & Koeman said (a week or two back) he has no future at the club.

Definitely wont be playing for EFC in Feb.....would love to be a fly on the wall when Levy puts his £10m bid in!

Does have a slight whiff of the Judas situation although he made his position known to EFC weeks ago whereas Judas strung us along until the final day.
I don't see a problem with a player running their contract down if it's done openly. It's then up to the club to decide if there is more value in selling or holding on... and I'd also say if a player is doing things the wrong way it's absolutely their right to hold onto them and have them training with the reserves if they see fit. It has to work both ways.

Back
Top Bottom