Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see a problem with a player running their contract down if it's done openly. It's then up to the club to decide if there is more value in selling or holding on... and I'd also say if a player is doing things the wrong way it's absolutely their right to hold onto them and have them training with the reserves if they see fit. It has to work both ways.
Look at the crap Walker got when he moved, players can't win. I know being a football fan is hardly logical but people should have perspective.

We have tapped him up - this is my view on it. He wants to play for us and we have told him we will get him, if we save money on the transfer we increase his signing on fee. If he is out until Dec and only wants to play for us we can knock off another £10M.

Can understand why any young(ish) player with potential would want to come and learn under Poch.

On the Everton forum, they really are an odd lot... but the way we reacted to Walker thinks there would be some who would be the same.

We had been speaking to him all summer, he would have joined apart from Koeman making him train too earlier and picking up an injury.

I'll be shocked if Everton improve on last year, thought they were the worst team to visit the Lane last year. The only players I like are those that their academy have produced (nothing to do with him, all highly thought of before his arrival).

Everton will be crap this year, they've taken all the goals out of their team.

Same with the Scum, Sanchez hasn't let in body but he has mentally and they've decided to bench Giroud - whilst he isn't top level he'll still get 15-20 a season if he plays every game.

I'll be shocked if Everton improve on last year, thought they were the worst team to visit the Lane last year. The only players I like are those that their academy have produced (nothing to do with him, all highly thought of before his arrival).

Worst team to visit the lane. We only beat them 4-2 or something wasn't it?

I don't see a problem with a player running their contract down if it's done openly. It's then up to the club to decide if there is more value in selling or holding on... and I'd also say if a player is doing things the wrong way it's absolutely their right to hold onto them and have them training with the reserves if they see fit. It has to work both ways.

Yes spot on. All he has done is reject a new contract and run down his current one. There is no way we would buy him in this condition. Jan window we may buy or negotiate with him to join in the summer. Maybe in Jan we should go for a rest of the season loan deal and then sign in summer lol

Worst team to visit the lane. We only beat them 4-2 or something wasn't it?
It was 3-2. It was 23mins before they got the ball in our half. The least ambitious team to play us all season, Wycombe played better! We totally and utterly dominated them in every aspect of the game. Their first goal came when Vertonghen slipped and the ball rolled to Lukkau to slot home, that was in the 81st min, their 2nd shot all game. Their 3rd was the last kick of the game from a set piece.

We had been speaking to him all summer, he would have joined apart from Koeman making him train too earlier and picking up an injury.
Not sure we would have matched Chelsea on the fee? The reason we waited was we thought we would get him for a cut price nearer the close as Everton got desperate. When we found out he was out until Dec and only wanted to join us we realized we could save on wages and pay less in Jan (all IMO).

are you ITK or using press reports?

Not sure we would have matched Chelsea on the fee? The reason we waited was we thought we would get him for a cut price nearer the close as Everton got desperate. When we found out he was out until Dec and only wanted to join us we realized we could save on wages and pay less in Jan (all IMO).

We didn't need to match Chelsea on the fee - an high offer is irrelevant if the player doesn't want to join the club

Think it's inevitable he will join. Probably in January for £15-20m. Considering he's injured until November (Maybe longer), it's all in our favour. Not signing him this window was the smart move.

We didn't need to match Chelsea on the fee - an high offer is irrelevant if the player doesn't want to join the club
I would not think Everton would have accepted a lower fee than Chelsea offered even if it meant him leaving the following year for nothing. I know they are the only options open to Everton but if it was us I would not expect us to do that either.

If he joins us next summer without fee, he will most likely be our best paid player. Joint best at least

I think the deal collapsing has to be about us. Chelsea and Everton both wanted a deal to go through yesterday. We're the only club who wanted it to go into January. Ross wants a stupid wage that we aren't likely to pay, but in January we can give him a sensible wage and a large sign on fee to compensate, while paying Everton much less than he is worth as a transfer fee.

Are Chelsea even going to want to go back in for a player who left while the medical was supposed to be going on?
Doubt it. If you're stood up by a girl you don't go and agree to meet her again. So I've been told...

Everton and Koeman have mishandled this situation at WBA and Berahino levels of fuckwitery. Big Ron has called him out, slated him, given imaginary deadlines for signing a new deal and ultimately will have done themselves out of a fee. I get they now have a few quid via the Arseanal proxy owners but why not let hime move to us ? These guys have been sending all their young talent to Manchester, why be so petty now?

I can't see how they can blame us for unsettling the guy as his unrest and issues at the club predate our reported interest by a long way. I think Everton and Big Ron have made themselves look like dicks.

Everton and Koeman have mishandled this situation at WBA and Berahino levels of fuckwitery. Big Ron has called him out, slated him, given imaginary deadlines for signing a new deal and ultimately will have done themselves out of a fee. I get they now have a few quid via the Arseanal proxy owners but why not let hime move to us ? These guys have been sending all their young talent to Manchester, why be so petty now?

I can't see how they can blame us for unsettling the guy as his unrest and issues at the club predate our reported interest by a long way. I think Everton and Big Ron have made themselves look like dicks.
If they sold Niasse and Barkley like they thought they were they would have had a net spend of Zero again. They guy has talked big but as of yet spent none of his own money (£40M).

Not saying they have not got a few quid but at the moment no indication they have (i.e. Chinese loans Analysis of Everton’s £60m, 3 year facility with ICBC – updated 7th July to include charge information)

I am not sure we will ever see this happen now.
The guy is going to be injured until end of November, then there is no way Everton will give him a game. So by January he won't have kicked a ball in anger since May 2017 but is probably still going to want silly money.
I reckon we will move on.

I think the deal collapsing has to be about us. Chelsea and Everton both wanted a deal to go through yesterday. We're the only club who wanted it to go into January. Ross wants a stupid wage that we aren't likely to pay, but in January we can give him a sensible wage and a large sign on fee to compensate, while paying Everton much less than he is worth as a transfer fee.

Are Chelsea even going to want to go back in for a player who left while the medical was supposed to be going on?
Doubt it. If you're stood up by a girl you don't go and agree to meet her again. So I've been told...

Depends on how fit she is really

If they sold Niasse and Barkley like they thought they were they would have had a net spend of Zero again. They guy has talked big but as of yet spent none of his own money (£40M).

Not saying they have not got a few quid but at the moment no indication they have (i.e. Chinese loans Analysis of Everton’s £60m, 3 year facility with ICBC – updated 7th July to include charge information)

been saying it since day 1 they're just chancers , this Barkley fiasco will seriously impact next season's transfers and when the change is a good as rest syndrome stops uplifting Rooneys form they will be considerably worse.

Back
Top Bottom