Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are one or two players away from challenging on all fronts. Why would anyone want to leave?

A couple of game changers, ironically in Eriksens position and we'all be a challenge for anyone

Why? Long term ambition fulfilled, childhood dream?
At least for Eriksen it is the pull of playing for Barca - it was him saying it, I'm not encouraging him to go!!

Why? Long term ambition fulfilled, childhood dream?
At least for Eriksen it is the pull of playing for Barca - it was him saying it, I'm not encouraging him to go!!

I reckon if we challenge and show enough this year and maybe next going into our new Stadium, Christian will stay. It's down to the success on the field though.

This year a top 3 and FA Cup win would be a great way to welcome our new home. That's what I'm after this year with a serious title challenge the moment we arrive back home

I just love the thought of him getting a call from Poch, pulling his trousers up and fuckin' off.

It is pure poetic justice.
Indeed. Mugging off the chavs is hilarious.
And Llorente choosing us over them is doubly hilarious. Mugged off twice in a day.
Even the Dippers got in on the act, & mugged them off with Oxlade Chamberlain.
It's bloody fantastic. They may have bottomless reserves of money, but they are still a fucking tinpot outfit.
:dembelelol:

Led to believe that he came with the intention of us doing a late deal, but Everton refused to deal with us. I think he's more pissed off with them than they are with him.
Everton has rich boss thesedays. They want 50mil from us and blame us for not paying that price. 30mil tag is only for Chelsea. They would rather lose the money than sell cheaper to us.

Rather than look amazed at why players are not joining Chelsea as they are the ' champions' pundits like Merson, should try and engage their brain and think about why players are refusing them.

Llorente, had been on their radar for months, Barkley walked out on them, Costa can't wait to leave, Chamberlain chose the scousers over them. Tells me that despite the wealth of the club and being champions there are problems there with the manager, owner, player relationships

Rather than look amazed at why players are not joining Chelsea as they are the ' champions' pundits like Merson, should try and engage their brain and think about why players are refusing them.

Llorente, had been on their radar for months, Barkley walked out on them, Costa can't wait to leave, Chamberlain chose the scousers over them. Tells me that despite the wealth of the club and being champions there are problems there with the manager, owner, player relationships
This cant help either?
o-CHELSEA-FANS-570.jpg

Any non English player should question why they are there, if they have any integrity ?

Forgot this....
th

There's a negative bias against English players, partly in fault by the media. They hype everyone decent beyond belief and the player does well for the club. But of course England always gets in some crackpot tactically useless manager and the team flops at a tournament and with that all the hype turns negative. Which is why, even genuine world class talent like Harry Kane are always looked down upon. Dele's another one that will never be proclaimed as world class by non-spurs fans, unless England wins the world cup or something.

And while Barkley is not at the level yet, he's very good. I have seen a few games of Everton during the last 2-3 years and plenty of times he's been pretty good. Most importantly, there have been games where he's been Everton's best player. With the right coaching, Barkley can be turned into a world class player, because the potential is there.

He has the skills and the physical attributes. just needs better decision making and more consistency. Guess who else fitted this criteria before Poch? Mousa Dembele at Spurs. I am certain Barkley would reach another level under Poch and it makes sense that he rather sign for Spurs to achieve that than be part of the home-grown player list at Chelsea.

Everton has rich boss thesedays. They want 50mil from us and blame us for not paying that price. 30mil tag is only for Chelsea. They would rather lose the money than sell cheaper to us.

Do they?

They're furious over there, because that's what they thought, but yet he's made a pigs ear of the so called "lavish spending" so far.

Apparently he isn't spending anything

Do you think that's because they know Ross has more chance of becoming a £50m player with us than at Chelsea due to our track record developing youngsters?

Let's be honest he's a £30m player tops at the moment and I honestly can't see him developing the tools he wants to develop at Chelsea. He'd be a bit part player which in today's market can fetch £30m.

Says a lot about how Chelsea are as a club really that a team would accept £20m less from them than us

Back
Top Bottom