Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder what EFC will "demand" in the Jan window.

As opposed to what we'll pay Jan 31st.

Possibly a very low price and a big sell on clause to allow them some consolation over being completely screwed.

If they've got any business sense and put personal emotions to one side for the greater good of their football club they should bite our hand off at £15m.

£10m to get in there before anyone else from our side would make perfect business sense, plus we get Ross Barkley half a year before we'd be able to get him on a free and in a World Cup year, which I'm sure he'll have one eye on during his rehab.

£10m realistic market rate in my opinion, but they'll do well to get £12m-£15m depending on if some wanker club comes in with something like £20m which is too much for a guy that will cost nothing come May/ June time.

If there's no bids for him they'll accept £10m. If there's other interested parties it could go up to £20m :s

I was just about to move the Ross Barkley discussion I was having in the Window Rating thread as I though it would be more relevant here......guess not

:defoe:
I have been wondering why the Everton owner has been caught telling lies about Barkley: Why don't Everton like Spurs, is it an anti-Semitic thing?

I have been wondering why the Everton owner has been caught telling lies about Barkley: Why don't Everton like Spurs, is it an anti-Semitic thing?

I think they hold us responsible for Barkley wanting to leave and have a grudge against us because we were in the same situation a as them but have done it better (Koeman even said that they need to copy the Spurs approach a little while back if memory serves me right)

We've stolen the march on them when they were our nearest rivals in footballing terms. The last few years has really seen us break away from them and I think they are a little envious as at the time people said it was impossible to catch the Man Uniteds, Chelseas and the Gooners which we ended up doing.

They have little mans syndrome when looking at us and I think selling to Chelsea didn't feel as much of a kick in the teeth for them. A lot of teams don't like us for some reason, I take it as a mark of respect

I think they hold us responsible for Barkley wanting to leave and have a grudge against us because we were in the same situation a as them but have done it better (Koeman even said that they need to copy the Spurs approach a little while back if memory serves me right)

We've stolen the march on them when they were our nearest rivals in footballing terms. The last few years has really seen us break away from them and I think they are a little envious as at the time people said it was impossible to catch the Man Uniteds, Chelseas and the Gooners which we ended up doing.

They have little mans syndrome when looking at us and I think selling to Chelsea didn't feel as much of a kick in the teeth for them. A lot of teams don't like us for some reason, I take it as a mark of respect
Maybe they needed to sell Barkley becuase they paid £50m for Siggurdsson. They may see it's down to us that he wants to wait and they have overspent and are still paying his wages..
They spent £21m net least season and before Siggy had spent £8m met.
With the money form Chelsea they would have some what £23m net.
On a par with last season,
Now they have spent £58m net and paying Ross Barkleys wages as well as Siggys.

If they've got any business sense and put personal emotions to one side for the greater good of their football club they should bite our hand off at £15m.

£10m to get in there before anyone else from our side would make perfect business sense, plus we get Ross Barkley half a year before we'd be able to get him on a free and in a World Cup year, which I'm sure he'll have one eye on during his rehab.

£10m realistic market rate in my opinion, but they'll do well to get £12m-£15m depending on if some wanker club comes in with something like £20m which is too much for a guy that will cost nothing come May/ June time.

If there's no bids for him they'll accept £10m. If there's other interested parties it could go up to £20m :s

Theres no point in us paying 15m to have a player thats free in 4 months

Maybe they needed to sell Barkley becuase they paid £50m for Siggurdsson. They may see it's down to us that he wants to wait and they have overspent and are still paying his wages..
They spent £21m net least season and before Siggy had spent £8m met.
With the money form Chelsea they would have some what £23m net.
On a par with last season,
Now they have spent £58m net.

Possibly but Barkley clearly wanted Spurs and they tried bullying him into a move that he didn't no want if that's the case. They took a big risk with a player that can't play again until a month before the window opens again and it backfired massively if that's the case.

Barkley wanted Spurs, Everton tried playing Billy Big Bollocks and now they'll get £10m less in January because of the risk they took.

Also if rumours about Barkleys bid from us was £21m to integrate him into the team and get a few games out of him before the January window hits, I think we'd be prepared to go to £18m for him but will know we have stolen the march and should realistically get him for £15m now. We'll offer £10m at the start of the window, they'll say £20m and we'll end up getting him for £15m in the last week of the window (unless Chelsea and their clear lack of shame and pride try to gazump us again).

He'll see the lack of game time Drinkwater gets and chose us as there's clearly a bigger, better gap for him in the Spurs team. He'll get on well with Dele, learn off of Moussa and earmark Eriksen as the player he should watch to add more to his game than he has already got. We're perfect for what he needs.

skysports-net-graphic-graph-data-transfer_4088412.jpg

Koeman is a massive bellend anyway.
Koeman has never liked Poch: He would not sell him any players when he took over the Saints, pissed Poch about with Schneiderlin, Poch can mix it with players on the field. Koeman is a fat stubbie cunt who has a shorties complex!

I think Everton fans are making Barkley's decision in Jan an easy one.

Read on TalkShite that Barkley decided against joining the Renties because Conte wouldn't answer the phone to Barkley who wanted some assurance about where he would be playing etc. A very different approach to Poch then!

Joey Barton's revelation
That’s because a certain Joey Barton has just revealed what he’s been told about the whole situation - and it’s rather interesting.
Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on Monday morning, Barton said: "I heard a really interesting thing about what happened with the Ross Barkley transfer. Conte turned his phone off and Barkley's representatives were trying to contact him.
"He wanted to say 'look, where am I going to play', and Conte turned his phone off. That is why Barkley got cold feet and never signed.
"He thought, 'well, if the manager isn't answering the phone to me he clearly doesn’t want me', and that is why he went back to Everton."
Joey Barton has just revealed the real reason Ross Barkley refused to join Chelsea

Never forgiven him for ruining Graham Taylor's England dream.

Do I not like that........

Remember that one

Turnip shouting at the Lino, "you've just cost me my job"

Laurie leading him away, "calm down calm down"

Taylor was quite right though

Should have been a pen and a straight red when Koeman tried to shag Platt in the box!
(Where else.......?)

Joey Barton's revelation
That’s because a certain Joey Barton has just revealed what he’s been told about the whole situation - and it’s rather interesting.
Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on Monday morning, Barton said: "I heard a really interesting thing about what happened with the Ross Barkley transfer. Conte turned his phone off and Barkley's representatives were trying to contact him.
"He wanted to say 'look, where am I going to play', and Conte turned his phone off. That is why Barkley got cold feet and never signed.
"He thought, 'well, if the manager isn't answering the phone to me he clearly doesn’t want me', and that is why he went back to Everton."
Joey Barton has just revealed the real reason Ross Barkley refused to join Chelsea

I usually take anything that drunken dipper says with a pinch of salt but heard about that one on Talksquawk from Adrian Durham so must be true
:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom