Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we please have a set-piece coach back ffs.

I hope Ange isn’t so dogmatic and set in his ways that he can’t see that we are very very poor on set pieces and concede way too often because of stupid mistakes or lack of awareness.

What is troubling to me is that opponents have been pushing Vic around during corner kicks now for many games in a row and there seems to be zero reaction or adjustments.

IMO the defence gave 100% yesterday and were very good. Mason made a couple of dodgy choices and it didn't quite work. But he gave Bale more of a game and we didn't get beat by a cricket score. Youngest manager of all time to take the reigns in a league cup final, with 6 days to prepare. I think he did a pretty good job. We were close enough to have nicked it with a counter attack goal.
We were close enough I agree and he killed any chance we had stone dead by bringing on Sissoko and taking off Moura

Son or Winks should have gone or both and bring on Bale and Tanguay and have a fucking go

But no way will I ever hate Ryan for doing his best in a job Levy knew fine well he was ill equipped to do

You just can't please some people on here.

Give the guy a break, he'd be under enough pressure as it is. I sincerely doubt that when he woke up last week Monday that he knew he'd be taking over the first team for the next 7 games.
At no point has he given any outrageous statements that he's the messiah to save this season and club, in fact he's been quite humble.

We've put up with shite football for a year and a half, if the bloke we paid 15mil per year did what he was hired for us finishing top 6 wouldn't riding on the last 5 games of the season (again). Don't take out your frustrations of the entire season out on Ryan.

If anything it would be way more surprising if he managed to undo all the bad from Jose tenure in less than a week.

I doubt anybody is happy with our current standing, but our plight isn’t Ryan Mason’s fault.
The result yesterday was mostly expected; City have a better squad than us and are definitely better coached. There’s also no way anyone could have undone the last 17 months in just six days. Mason’s only other game in charge has been a win so I’m not sure what more we could ask of him?

There’s only one person to blame for our current predicament and that Levy. It would be ridiculous to sack our interim manager after two games for getting the results that we’d expect. We’d be a laughing stock and it would be embarrassing. If he can get top six in the league then great, but if not we move on to next season hopefully with a decent manager in and a more cohesive squad. The damage was done months ago and allowed to get progressively worse. The decision to remove José should have been made weeks or even months ago not a week before a cup final.
He should not have been thrust into this. Any football fan can see that this was a shambles and whilst I agree with much of what you say, the rest of our season is important to keep our best players. Do NOT understand the Ndombele omission and the subs were horrendous given that we needed to attack. We waved the white flag with 10 minutes to go as we were left with an unbalanced team and no hope of getting back into it. I'm sure they have a better team but Spurs should play with pride.

Ryan isn’t a ‘club legend’ and has never pretended to be one!

He has been thrust prematurely into a role he is totally unsuited for at this stage of his career and made bad errors on Sunday as a result

As other posters have already said and I agree with them that this is all on Levy who has taken the cheapest option until the end of the season like he did with Timmy

To even consider sacking Ryan now would make us a bigger laughing stock than we already are so I agree with the posters saying that this thread should be taken down

We are a laughing stock because of Levy’s tinkering

With Poch he should have sacked him at the end of the season after the CL final or gave him funds and another season

He did neither and sacked him mid season and appointed Jose who had a huge task on his hands as a result like him or loath him!
Now I’m hearing that the final row between Levy and Jose was in her Dele and Winks
Jose wanted rid and Levy wanted them back in the side!

So we’ll get either Ten Hag or Potter imv but whoever we get needs a DOF to help with a total rebuild and Levy to keep his nose out of football related matters and stick to what he’s good at

Rant over!
Levy's problem is he sees himself as a proper wheeler-dealer, buy low sell high type of guy.

Reguilon, Hojberg and Doherty would be such a great bargain to Levy that he never once considered were they what we or the manager really needed. They were all cheap and thus needed signing.

The resale clause in Reguilon's contract being the ultimate irony.

It worked fine with VDV once but they’re all wise to Levy now

SAF said never again after the Berba transfer when Levy charged him taxi fares etc
lol 😝
I am sure we miss deals because of it , if you could get 20 million from two buyers , one was Levy the other wasn’t, who would you want to deal with. He makes every deal painful and is often accused of backtrading, at least that is how I see it.

It worked fine with VDV once but they’re all wise to Levy now

SAF said never again after the Berba transfer when Levy charged him taxi fares etc
lol 😝
The Berbatov transfer sums up the issue with Levy.

Sure he got the big fee, but Frazier Campbell on top of a knackered Pavlyuchenko? Completely ruined us for half a season.

I give up on Mason after this debacle. He is still allowing short passing from goal kicks which bring the opposition onto Spurs, has slow build-up, picked Harry Winks, picked Eric Dier again, snubbed Bale although Bergwyn did score. I thought Mason had stumbled onto a winning more attacking formula in the last match but he went back to negativety this time and has effectively ended Tottenham's season.

A Leicester win would screw up Chelski, but a win means stay above Woolwich (draw is useless).

In the end it was ENIC, Joe Lewis (bloodsucker) and Levy who ruined Tottenham's season and any prospect of getting another high profile manager. They are TOXIC to this club and the fans should focus all their efforts in getting them out!

I've stuck this in here because I can't see a match thread but really there's very little talk about the match. Apparently, one of our most influential players wants to leave and it's all about him, seems odd that anyone who's such an influential player would instigate such a position for his Club and best mate to answer in a press conf. Can't be true? No "leader" or "man" would do such a thing, would they?

Anyway, the most impressive thing about his time as an interim coach has been in front of the camera.

Or how much alcohol I have consumed hating every minute of it.

This is the club of Bill Nicholson, Greaves, Poch

And now a snotty kid called Mason who should go and manage Southend

As I said in the previous post I don't see what that opinion has to do with his performance in his press conferences.

It's also becoming increasingly apparent that there's been a fair bit going on behind the scenes that he's also having to navigate, such as Kane, a poorly conditioned team fitness-wise. It's imperative that some players that have had their confidence shattered under the dinosaur are addressed.

Whether you think Rodon should play over Dier is immaterial, maybe Rodon is a bit of a twat like his brother appears to be??? Is Son his mate? Because I think he's been shit and I would have played Bergwjin instead, or is his mate just happens to be Winks? What about PEH, is he his mate? I think he's looked more like a lampost the last 10 games or so and shouldn't be selected or is it just Winks, Winks, Winks and Dier?? I don't think Kane should be selected for the last game, just as Rose and Walker weren't (and what most other managers would do if a player wanted out of their team), but I'm not going to give him stick if he selects him at the weekend because I think he can't win in any event on what he decides to do.
Lucas was our most in form player yet was discarded for Dele. I was first to say Dele was being treated harshly by Mourinho but Mates-on just dropping an in form player to continuously play him makes no sense.

Everyone with eyes can see Dier is a waste of space. A man that spots the dangers yet chooses to not take control of the situation and leaves it to others (the problem with our team really). Mates-on discards Rodon who was playing well to help his mate with one last push to get into the euro squad.

Winks just randomly in contention again. Suddenly ahead of N'dombele in the pecking order.

The guy has no backbone. Get him out ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom