Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
After the complete embarrassment of our defeat at Wembley, is it already time to ask Powell and King to take over. At least Powell has experience of 1st team management.
He was completely out of his depth and nearly gave points away to Southampton who are currently the worst side in the Prem.
He accepted a poisoned chalice from Levi. All of the backroom should have refused to be scapegoats.
The ego competition between Levi and Jose left us with no chance of the cup, but go now before we all start to hate you.

Most ridiculous thread ever. Mason only has 5 matches left in charge and will then go back to his old job. I do not think anyone on here expected us to win the cup with Mourinho and Mason really had no time to change things.

After the complete embarrassment of our defeat at Wembley, is it already time to ask Powell and King to take over. At least Powell has experience of 1st team management.
He was completely out of his depth and nearly gave points away to Southampton who are currently the worst side in the Prem.
He accepted a poisoned chalice from Levi. All of the backroom should have refused to be scapegoats.
The ego competition between Levi and Jose left us with no chance of the cup, but go now before we all start to hate you.

Who is this Levi guy you speak of ?'

Creator of Jeans, or Reggae Reggae sauce ?

From the response so far, it would appear that more than 70 % of the fan base are happy with our current plight, looking forward to the next 5 games and happy that once again we came 2nd.
I apologise for expressing a view that Mason's first two games have not filled me with any confidence and that other choices must have been possible.
Maybe I should relax and let my team sink to 9th or 10th, lose all their best players and go back to where we were before Jol, happy days.

I doubt anybody is happy with our current standing, but our plight isn’t Ryan Mason’s fault.
The result yesterday was mostly expected; City have a better squad than us and are definitely better coached. There’s also no way anyone could have undone the last 17 months in just six days. Mason’s only other game in charge has been a win so I’m not sure what more we could ask of him?

There’s only one person to blame for our current predicament and that Levy. It would be ridiculous to sack our interim manager after two games for getting the results that we’d expect. We’d be a laughing stock and it would be embarrassing. If he can get top six in the league then great, but if not we move on to next season hopefully with a decent manager in and a more cohesive squad. The damage was done months ago and allowed to get progressively worse. The decision to remove José should have been made weeks or even months ago not a week before a cup final.

What did Mason get wrong yesterday?

Good team choice. Bergjwin scored early. Bale and Lo Celso no fit to play 3 games in 7 days.
this a joke?

For a start he picked Winks, Dier and even Dele but for get that and let's just talk about yesterday.

* Hojbjerg pulled out of 2 challenges in which the opposition were about to score because he was on a yellow. Mates-on the bafoon can see he is on a yellow and is pulling out of tackles yet keeps him on for 90 mins.

* Left Winks on for 70 odd minutes despite Winks hiding and allowing Hojberg who is on a yellow to do all the work. Him passing it back to Reggie again after he saw Reggies confidence was low and he had already made a terrible clearance shows how gutless he is.

* first sub Bergwijn despite him being our best player.

* waits 70 minutes to even make a sub

Ryan Mates-on needs to piss off.

Embarrassing thread. We have an interim manager for two months and some of you can't handle it after a week. I would much rather get the right appointment for the long term. It is extraordinary that there are people who think a top manager, who happens to be available during the season, will manage a shit Spurs team for two months without signing a longer contract.

Him starting Wanks in the final after months of being shit and dropped Rodon and Ndombele from our best 11 proved everything you need to know about this clueless amateur cunt

Won't be sacked before we finish this season sadly

He's 'football friends' with Winks and co so they'll protect him

I fully expect a bottom 10 finish now - we are mentally shot and hope Ndombele and Bale tell him to fuck off on Sunday

Thread starter and anyone who agrees with him is just the sort of fans the super league was designed for. Plastic, shit fans, who does not support, but demands instant gratification and just want the best thing that is out there.

This thread is disgraceful. Shame on you.

this thread is going to be lit if he's offered the job full time!

Condescending Wonka GIF

If we lose to Sheff U , will you all start to agree with me.
I think you all thought that this was a joke but I REALLY hated his choices for the final. If Jose had picked that team and substitutes, you would all have gone mad ,

WE COULD STILL QUALIFY FOR CL. But not with this numpty in charge !
Totally agree! Said it before but all he had to do was lift the doom and gloom from around the squad. Energise then and get them playing with a bit more freedom without being called up for it. But no he picks winks to start in place of our most skilful player who had a decent game when we beat them at home earlier this season. Didn’t even use him as a sub. No way ndombele plays under mason again this season. Dropped bale after scoring a great goal against soton. To top it he brings on sissoko for gio whi was at least trying to crate things in midfield as the two were shite. Then takes off our most threatening forward Lucas instead son who was having a mare.
now we could all see this but mason and the back room team couldn’t! Might as well have Stevie W on the touch line.

Back
Top Bottom