Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Club legend? Twaddle, sorry.
Ryan isn’t a ‘club legend’ and has never pretended to be one!

He has been thrust prematurely into a role he is totally unsuited for at this stage of his career and made bad errors on Sunday as a result

As other posters have already said and I agree with them that this is all on Levy who has taken the cheapest option until the end of the season like he did with Timmy

To even consider sacking Ryan now would make us a bigger laughing stock than we already are so I agree with the posters saying that this thread should be taken down

We are a laughing stock because of Levy’s tinkering

With Poch he should have sacked him at the end of the season of the CL final or gave him funds and another season

He did neither and sacked him mid season and appointed Jose who had a huge task on his hands as a result like him or loath him!
Now I’m hearing that the final row between Levy and Jose was over Dele and Winks.
Jose wanted rid and Levy wanted them back in the side!

So we’ll get either Ten Hag or Potter imv but whoever we get needs a DOF to help with a total rebuild and Levy to keep his nose out of football related matters and stick to what he’s good at

Rant over!

Last edited:

He has been thrust prematurely into a role he is totally unsuited for at this stage of his career and made bad errors on Sunday as a result

As other posters have already said and I agree with them that this is all on Levy who has taken the cheapest option until the end of the season like he did with Timmy

To even consider sacking Ryan now would make us a bigger laughing stock than we already are so I agree with the posters saying that this thread should be taken down

With Poch he should have sacked him at the end of the season after the CL final or gave him funds and another season

He did neither and sacked him mid season and appointed Jose who had a huge task on his hands as a result like him or loath him!
Now I’m hearing that the final row between Levy and Jose was in her Dele and Winks

So we’ll get either Ten Hag or Potter imv but whoever we get needs a DOF to help with a total rebuild and Levy to keep his nose out of football related matters and stick to what he’s good at

Rant over!
Levy's problem is he sees himself as a proper wheeler-dealer, buy low sell high type of guy.

Reguilon, Hojberg and Doherty would be such a great bargain to Levy that he never once considered were they what we or the manager really needed. They were all cheap and thus needed signing.

The resale clause in Reguilon's contract being the ultimate irony.

Levy's problem is he sees himself as a proper wheeler-dealer, buy low sell high type of guy.

Reguilon, Hojberg and Doherty would be such a great bargain to Levy that he never once considered were they what we or the manager really needed. They were all cheap and thus needed signing.

The resale clause in Reguilon's contract being the ultimate irony.
And this buy low philosophy is similar to Joe Lewis
I read once that a young Lewis helped run his father’s cafe in Hackney and moved a bus stop himself so that it stood just outside thus increasing the footfall!!

Great business ethics but maybe doesn’t work in the football industry

I read once that a young Lewis helped run his father’s cafe in Hackney and moved a bus stop himself so that it stood just outside thus increasing the footfall!!

Totally agree.

You can now imagine the reaction from Lewis when Poch went cap in hand begging for investment in the club.

"You finished second. Just try a bit harder next year"

You just can't please some people on here.

Give the guy a break, he'd be under enough pressure as it is. I sincerely doubt that when he woke up last week Monday that he knew he'd be taking over the first team for the next 7 games.
At no point has he given any outrageous statements that he's the messiah to save this season and club, in fact he's been quite humble.

We've put up with shite football for a year and a half, if the bloke we paid 15mil per year did what he was hired for us finishing top 6 wouldn't riding on the last 5 games of the season (again). Don't take out your frustrations of the entire season out on Ryan.

If anything it would be way more surprising if he managed to undo all the bad from Jose tenure in less than a week.
Forget about undoing the bad the jose did, he is actually undoing the good he did of getting rid of fucking winks from the team and shoved him in a final. Clown.

Hope next time he goes to tie up his yacht someone has moved his mooring position to a navy torpedo practice range

Some of our fans are as bad as Woolwich fans with Arteta by trying to say Mason is a club "legend" he was good for us, not good enough once we became a top four side but he was good and gave his all. He was basically Winks in Winks early years.

If it wasn't for the horrible injury, would we even be remembering Mason off the top of our heads unless someone mentioned his name? If I said, name the key players under Poch, would Mason even come up?

He seems like a great guy and I'm happy for him. But lets stop this "legend" nonsense.

With Poch he should have sacked him at the end of the season after the CL final or gave him funds and another season

Now I’m hearing that the final row between Levy and Jose was in her Dele and Winks

Rant over!
There is one repeating factor in the continued lack of on the field success at the club and that is Daniel fucking Levy.

I can't knock his businessman credentials, or the stadium and all that well documented guff.

But he is a disaster from the footballing side.

With any luck ENIC will just sell up and fuck off but failing that he needs to step aside and let a football man make the football decisions and steer the club.

this thread is going to be lit if he's offered the job full time!

Condescending Wonka GIF

If he finishes the season strong, I'm ok giving him the job. But it's way too early to tell if he deserves it or not.

If we win out and finish top 4, sure give it to him.
I don't think there is any circumstance I would even consider giving him it full time, strong finish or not he doesn't have the required experience and would turn into a disaster.

But that's just my own opinion

I don't think there is any circumstance I would even consider giving him it full time, strong finish or not he doesn't have the required experience and would turn into a disaster.

But that's just my own opinion
A cheap disaster as opposed to an expensive one, Levy might just bite. I actually think he will try and appease the fans, so lie to get a half decent manager, renege on promises, fall out with said manager, sack said manager

Penny wise Pound foolish
It’s why nobody likes dealing with Levy to our detriment

Remember Modric transfer from Zagreb?
They asked for five Spurs tops as a momento of the occasion which we duly supplied and that tight fucker Levy charged them !!

It’s why nobody likes dealing with Levy to our detriment

Remember Modric transfer from Zagreb?
They asked for five Spurs tops as a momento of the occasion which we duly supplied and that tight fucker Levy charged them !!

I’m actually a big fan of the philosophy of buying young players low, selling them high as they peak and reinvesting the profits back into the squad.

What is stupid to me is constantly haggling over transfer fees, and waiting to the last minute to get stuff done. It shows constant poor squad planning.

I’m actually a big fan of the philosophy of buying young players low, selling them high as they peak and reinvesting the profits back into the squad.

What is stupid to me is constantly haggling over transfer fees, and waiting to the last minute to get stuff done. It shows constant poor squad planning.
Not a great model with Hitchen and Levy running the process

idea is ok, execution is usually poor

It worked fine with VDV once but they’re all wise to Levy now

SAF said never again after the Berba transfer when Levy charged him taxi fares etc
lol 😝

It worked fine with VDV once but they’re all wise to Levy now

SAF said never again after the Berba transfer when Levy charged him taxi fares etc
lol 😝
I am sure we miss deals because of it , if you could get 20 million from two buyers , one was Levy the other wasn’t, who would you want to deal with. He makes every deal painful and is often accused of backtrading, at least that is how I see it.

Back
Top Bottom