Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the response so far, it would appear that more than 70 % of the fan base are happy with our current plight, looking forward to the next 5 games and happy that once again we came 2nd.
I apologise for expressing a view that Mason's first two games have not filled me with any confidence and that other choices must have been possible.
Maybe I should relax and let my team sink to 9th or 10th, lose all their best players and go back to where we were before Jol, happy days.

I doubt anybody is happy with our current standing, but our plight isn’t Ryan Mason’s fault.
The result yesterday was mostly expected; City have a better squad than us and are definitely better coached. There’s also no way anyone could have undone the last 17 months in just six days. Mason’s only other game in charge has been a win so I’m not sure what more we could ask of him?

There’s only one person to blame for our current predicament and that Levy. It would be ridiculous to sack our interim manager after two games for getting the results that we’d expect. We’d be a laughing stock and it would be embarrassing. If he can get top six in the league then great, but if not we move on to next season hopefully with a decent manager in and a more cohesive squad. The damage was done months ago and allowed to get progressively worse. The decision to remove José should have been made weeks or even months ago not a week before a cup final.

You just can't please some people on here.

Give the guy a break, he'd be under enough pressure as it is. I sincerely doubt that when he woke up last week Monday that he knew he'd be taking over the first team for the next 7 games.
At no point has he given any outrageous statements that he's the messiah to save this season and club, in fact he's been quite humble.

We've put up with shite football for a year and a half, if the bloke we paid 15mil per year did what he was hired for us finishing top 6 wouldn't riding on the last 5 games of the season (again). Don't take out your frustrations of the entire season out on Ryan.

If anything it would be way more surprising if he managed to undo all the bad from Jose tenure in less than a week.

I doubt anybody is happy with our current standing, but our plight isn’t Ryan Mason’s fault.
The result yesterday was mostly expected; City have a better squad than us and are definitely better coached. There’s also no way anyone could have undone the last 17 months in just six days. Mason’s only other game in charge has been a win so I’m not sure what more we could ask of him?

There’s only one person to blame for our current predicament and that Levy. It would be ridiculous to sack our interim manager after two games for getting the results that we’d expect. We’d be a laughing stock and it would be embarrassing. If he can get top six in the league then great, but if not we move on to next season hopefully with a decent manager in and a more cohesive squad. The damage was done months ago and allowed to get progressively worse. The decision to remove José should have been made weeks or even months ago not a week before a cup final.
He should not have been thrust into this. Any football fan can see that this was a shambles and whilst I agree with much of what you say, the rest of our season is important to keep our best players. Do NOT understand the Ndombele omission and the subs were horrendous given that we needed to attack. We waved the white flag with 10 minutes to go as we were left with an unbalanced team and no hope of getting back into it. I'm sure they have a better team but Spurs should play with pride.

Why didn’t we just give it Harry first the last 6 games with maybe mason Powell and Lesley as his squad intelligence team. Harry would bring his managerial and in game knowledge and the others would provide the player input. Still don’t get it. I know Harry is not everyone’s cup of tea but he sure did a great job interview the other week on sky sports. We couldn’t do worse for the interim.
For long term please no Benitez!

Why didn’t we just give it Harry first the last 6 games with maybe mason Powell and Lesley as his squad intelligence team. Harry would bring his managerial and in game knowledge and the others would provide the player input. Still don’t get it. I know Harry is not everyone’s cup of tea but he sure did a great job interview the other week on sky sports. We couldn’t do worse for the interim.
May have something to do with him being retired.

Trust a woman to make the most sense!
👍

And what would that have changed? It’ll still be the same players doing the same things and losing.

A transfer window of transfer windows is needed to kill the malaise that’s rearing it’s head. Lose Kane, Loris, and all there is is a stadium. Not looking very good.

Thread starter and anyone who agrees with him is just the sort of fans the super league was designed for. Plastic, shit fans, who does not support, but demands instant gratification and just want the best thing that is out there.

This thread is disgraceful. Shame on you.

After the complete embarrassment of our defeat at Wembley, is it already time to ask Powell and King to take over. At least Powell has experience of 1st team management.
He was completely out of his depth and nearly gave points away to Southampton who are currently the worst side in the Prem.
He accepted a poisoned chalice from Levi. All of the backroom should have refused to be scapegoats.
The ego competition between Levi and Jose left us with no chance of the cup, but go now before we all start to hate you.

Last job he was sacked when second from bottom. Think age was catching up with him and he knew it.

Does he need the bother of a 6 hour commute every day at 75 years old plus travelling around for matches amid all the COVID crap??

Funny thing is all these people complaining about the thread and asking for it to be binned are mainly the people posting in it

228f84000a9259874be9f60e667ad93c.gif

He should not have been thrust into this. Any football fan can see that this was a shambles and whilst I agree with much of what you say, the rest of our season is important to keep our best players. Do NOT understand the Ndombele omission and the subs were horrendous given that we needed to attack. We waved the white flag with 10 minutes to go as we were left with an unbalanced team and no hope of getting back into it. I'm sure they have a better team but Spurs should play with pride.

We all know it's a shambles, but as I said the damage was already done. It's the same shambles it's been for months. It's not Mason's fault Levy made the decision to put him in charge. We had a league game midweek too so he actually only had 3 days to prepare for the final. That's ridiculous.
We may not have agreed with his substitutions, but he obviously had a reason for doing them. I don't think in the end it would have mattered what team started and what changes were made because ultimately the players arent in the right place mentally.

And what would that have changed? It’ll still be the same players doing the same things and losing.

A transfer window of transfer windows is needed to kill the malaise that’s rearing it’s head. Lose Kane, Loris, and all there is is a stadium. Not looking very good.

The main thing that sacking him earlier would have changed is that it would have given us the opportunity to put someone more suitable in earlier and it would have given them more time to undo the damage José had done. The players needed to start enjoying their football again and get into a more positive mindset where they're not scared of the ball or scared of making a mistake. That's not something that can be fixed in a week by anyone.

The sacking should have been done months ago, but it wasn't. That's on Levy and it's just idiotic to blame Mason for this mess. I think the main criteria Levy had when picking him was that he wasn't José. I think at this stage it was just a case of wanting someone with a completely different personality and mindset who could change the dynamic in the dressing room. I don't think putting Mason in for 6 games is going to make any difference to who stays or goes in the summer. The senior players all know and respect him, but if they want to go in the summer they will regardless of who the interim manager is.. The more important thing for keeping players is choosing the right person to come in for the new season.
Mason loves the club and will do the best he can, but the players have to do their bit too which people seem to be forgetting.

Ryan ain’t manager material

I’m Spurs till I die but sorry I’m not drinking the cool aid. Seen that rubbish at Liverpool with king kenny and all their “best in the werrrryeeeeelllddddd in their position” players. Lamps at chelski also

Yeah, enjoy that kool aid guys. Ryan’s a club legend but he ain’t manager material. And right now we are *****
Club legend? Twaddle, sorry.

Mason has been in charge for a week, won one match 2-1 against the worst team in the league this calendar year, and lost one match 1-0 against the best team in the league.

He’s got 5 games to go, then the new manager comes in.

Are we going to have reactions (sack him now! Keep him on permanently!) after every one of the remaining games.

I think he feels the same.
As he is now trying to sell Kane to Man U,probably got the hump he wasnt asked.

Back
Top Bottom