Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have some of the most petty, spiteful and entitled fans in the world of football.

Mason is a good egg who’s won 3 out of 4 league matches and lost a cup final 1-0 to the best team in the world, but some people think he deserves dogs abuse.

He’s getting results that I’d consider “par” for this squad which is vastly more than his predecessor was doing. I don’t like all his selections but if you win the game comfortably there is nothing to say.
And the final would have gone to extra time if hojbjerg didn’t panic 1-on-1 with the goalie.

The abuse Ryan is getting from some people on here and on social media is absurd. People act as if he has physically and personally wronged them.

You can be critical of him without hurling abuse at him or saying stuff like he should be arrested.

Get some distance to it all please.
People have their personal issues, quite obvious. With the SoMe they have a channel where they release their gutter on someone they don't know.

Social media should be shut down, I for one wouldn't miss it.

Apparently we should abuse someone who's been with us since the age of 8 and is acting as caretaker for a few games.

This place has become toxic as hell.
I agree abuse is unnecessary and a bit baffling.

However pointing out that the guy isn't qualified to be the manager of Tottenham Hotspur which is what I did, isn't abuse.

Got nothing at all against the lad, but even if we win our last 2 games and by some miracle snuck into the top 4 we still need to get a proper experienced manager next season.

Ryan Mason is very much a caretaker, hope people realise that.

The abuse Ryan is getting from some people on here and on social media is absurd. People act as if he has physically and personally wronged them.

You can be critical of him without hurling abuse at him or saying stuff like he should be arrested.

Get some distance to it all please.
The toxic fandom on this forum is really building to an unbearable crescendo. I've just about had it with the purity tests and arguments in overly exaggerated emotional terms, and the emotionally immature or proudly antagonistic fans that delight in hurling abuse.

However pointing out that the guy isn't qualified to be the manager of Tottenham Hotspur which is what I did, isn't abuse.

Got nothing at all against the lad, but even if we win our last 2 games and by some miracle snuck into the top 4 we still need to get a proper experienced manager next season.

Spot on.

I don't blame him for taking the job when offered, but he's a strange choice and certainly won't be a permanent appointment.

Is it considered abuse to point out poor choices he has made?

I don't see any reason to be over the top but at the same time he shouldn't be immune from criticism just because he has been with the club since he was 8 and had a terrible injury end his career.

He's a nice bloke. Was a decent player. But he doesn't even look like a potential manager for anyone. His face just doesn't fit and he doesn't have the personality for it. Steven Gerrard looks and acts like a manager and has done since day one for Rangers, for one example. Ryan Mason simply doesn't.

That said, even if we lost every game he's in charge for I would hold Levy responsible, not Ryan himself.

His first 4 league games have been Southampton, Sheffield United, Leeds and Wolves.
3 out of 4 of them are pretty poor at the moment to say the least and the one that isn't twatted us.
Lots also ignoring that these are teams we've all already taken points off this season under Jose.

Southampton 5-2, Sheffield United 3-1, Leeds 3-0...we drew 1-1 with Wolves around Christmas when we had a lot of games.

There has been no bounce, Dele is straight back in showing off and clearly not being a team player...it's the same shit.

Players are clearly the problem with a select few able to hold their heads up high IMO.

The toxic fandom on this forum is really building to an unbearable crescendo. I've just about had it with the purity tests and arguments in overly exaggerated emotional terms, and the emotionally immature or proudly antagonistic fans that delight in hurling abuse.
The downside of a self moderated forum. Since everyone has a different tolerance for the stuff going on it seldom gets addressed.

Not saying that we need ultra strict mods on here. But a rule of thumb like "don't be a dick" shouldn't be that hard to follow one would think.

Eventually I just end up putting more and more people on ignore, which is a shame because a lot of posters on here have decent general opinions on football. But the stupid arguments I could do without.

Lots also ignoring that these are teams we've all already taken points off this season under Jose.

Southampton 5-2, Sheffield United 3-1, Leeds 3-0...we drew 1-1 with Wolves around Christmas when we had a lot of games.

There has been no bounce, Dele is straight back in showing off and clearly not being a team player...it's the same shit.

Players are clearly the problem with a select few able to hold their heads up high IMO.
Making excuses for the dinosaur, deary me!!!

In every single one of those corresponding games under the Dinosaur, we had zero control of the game and we were outshot too, (including the Southampton game where for the first half they ripped us apart and dominated us). That's not been the case by the total novice Mason. Mason in every conceivable way is getting more out of this team than your Dinosaur.

Begs the question of what could a novice manager that favours a more expansive game could have achieved this season, with all those dropped points as we sat back on leads, passive, outplayed, dominated by lesser opponents and ultimately squandering points as a direct result. I'd say Mason the novice would have collected 10 more points. That's good enough for 3rd!!!!!!

So far with mason we've played 2 top half teams , got embarassed in both. And won against 3 bottom half teams including 1 in the worst form in 2021 and one bottom relegated team.

Back
Top Bottom