Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those 2 losses against Villa and Leeds were bad though.

Like, really bad.

The Villa game was massively undermined by the Kane/Neville interview bomb though...... That was a massive 'egg' left for Mason to 'suck'..... Especially for a rookie... Esp. by one of your (apparently best) mates.

It's amazing that Mason needs defending after that brief stint.

WDF you want from the guy????

..........100% record in his first ever EPL games managed?????

Last edited:
It wasn't the result as much as it was the lack of fight. The Villa game especially since it was the last home game of the season.

But does that fall on the manager or the players? They can't get themselves up for the final home game of the season because they're thinking about there summer holidays instead of doing the job.

The Villa game was massively undermined by the Kane/Neville interview bomb though...... That was a massive 'egg' to be left to 'suck' for Mason... Especially for a rookie... Esp. by one of your (apparently best) mates.

It's amazing the Mason needs defending after that brief stint.

WDF you want from the guy????

..........100% record in his first ever EPL games managed?????
My issue with him was that we kept playing like Jose had set us up to previously. I'm ready to give him another chance, however the schedule is much tougher this time around than what it was in those 6 games. United, Liverpool and Newcastle all to play.

My issue with him was that we kept playing like Jose had set us up to previously. I'm ready to give him another chance, however the schedule is much tougher this time around than what it was in those 6 games. United, Liverpool and Newcastle all to play.
Also Brentford, Brighton are chasing top 4. And Villa are no pushovers.

I remember him turning it loose. We played 4-2-3-1

Mason did really well as interim. Incredibly well in fact, given his age & total lack of any experience whatsoever ... fair fucking play to him, can't imagine how daunting the task was. Levy should never have put him in that position but hey ho, it worked out..

I have strong hopes that in 5-10 years or w/e he could be our Arteta.

So the guy who was so good that we ended up with Nuno is the answer when we sack Conte. Honestly what a fucking piss take.

This interim bullshit cannot be allowed again. It’s happened too many times already.

Mason did really well as interim. Incredibly well in fact, given his age & total lack of any experience whatsoever ... fair fucking play to him, can't imagine how daunting the task was. Levy should never have put him in that position but hey ho, it worked out..

I have strong hopes that in 5-10 years or w/e he could be our Arteta.
Why wait 5 years?

Why wait 5 years?

Because he's barely got his coaching badges & hasn't had time to properly go and experience any other club. Arteta got to work under the best coach in football history for a good while and is nearly a decade older.

Mason just isn't experienced enough to take on this job long term yet. Needs to go out and either manage a club like Carrick has, or go to a stable club and learn what makes those clubs tick. Preferably a club that plays the kind of football we'd want to replicate here.

Because he's barely got his coaching badges & hasn't had time to properly go and experience any other club. Arteta got to work under the best coach in football history for a good while and is nearly a decade older.

Mason just isn't experienced enough to take on this job long term yet. Needs to go out and either manage a club like Carrick has, or go to a stable club and learn what makes those clubs tick. Preferably a club that plays the kind of football we'd want to replicate here.
Mason needs to go to a club in the Championship and build his own project. Spurs have given him unbelievable mentors to learn from, now go do your own thing and prove it.
I understand the sentiment of letting someone go prove it, but practically speaking it doesn't really work. One of the things most of us said that Poch needed to go win something. Then we proceeded to hire "serial winners" and even signed some guys that had won in other leagues, and we still haven't won shit. I'm not saying I want Mason, but if the club thinks he's the guy of the future, may as well let him try it now.

I understand the sentiment of letting someone go prove it, but practically speaking it doesn't really work. One of the things most of us said that Poch needed to go win something. Then we proceeded to hire "serial winners" and even signed some guys that had won in other leagues, and we still haven't won shit. I'm not saying I want Mason, but if the club thinks he's the guy of the future, may as well let him try it now.

He doesn't need to 'prove' something, he just needs to go and get experience. Arteta did that at City and Carrick is doing that at Middlesbrough. He just needs to experience the football world a bit more & how other clubs operate. I don't need him to drop to the Championship or win something, just go learn from someone who knows what they're doing for a bit.

He doesn't need to 'prove' something, he just needs to go and get experience. Arteta did that at City and Carrick is doing that at Middlesbrough. He just needs to experience the football world a bit more & how other clubs operate. I don't need him to drop to the Championship or win something, just go learn from someone who knows what they're doing for a bit.

Agree that he needs to learn. Just not that he needs to learn from someone. He needs to learn from being the boss somewhere.

If it did end up being Mason then cool but he will need 3 seasons to know what it really means to be the boss.

Agree that he needs to learn. Just not that he needs to learn from someone. He needs to learn from being the boss somewhere.

If it did end up being Mason then cool but he will need 3 seasons to know what it really means to be the boss.

Arteta went from assistant at City to manager at Woolwich. Not every pathway is the same but I do think its possible for Mason's first big job to be here, as long as he goes out in to the football world and learns a bit .. if it is from someone like Pep then fuck yeah, ideal.

Back
Top Bottom