Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Mason. Who doesn’t? Great guy. Doing a lot right.

But imagine a great friend of yours was arranging a music festival. And he’s doing a lot right. Great bands. But for some bloody reason, he decides to book the band who wrote the original Macarena song right in the middle of the festival. Why them? They did one thing once, a long time ago. But nobody wants to hear from them anymore. And then—predictably—because they are completely past it and totally lost, they have diarrhea all over the stage. The rest of the festival is ruined, for something nobody wanted, which everyone knew was an absolutely terrible idea. Your friend is a great guy, but that festival mistake is pretty unforgivable.

Lucas Moura. Liverpool. Macarena diarrhea, all over the stage.
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

I know people shit on Sherwood, and im not saying hes amazinf, but i remember him coming in and completely putting some of the regular players noses out of joint, identified the players who werent fit to wear the shirt. Literally gave rise to Kane by making the point of playing the youth over the fairweather first team starters. They were eventually moved on. Sherwood also spoke of the players lack of discipline and joking around in training.

So now we have come full circle and the same problems are back. What is it about spurs that fester this type of mentality? Is it the lack of pressure to win anything? Does the higher command at Spurs just let the players be happy? Run around a bit? Just try to win CL qualification and let us make our money please and you can do what you want etc etc There just isnt that same pressure or they dont make the players feel “uncomfortable” as long as they are making money, all is good in the world. The expectations arent there.

I typed this whilst sitting in KFC with a large fillet box meal, 2 chicken pieces with coleslaw

That last sentence has been reported to the Dealer as it is a sign of deliberate derailment!

Yeah its very early days. If Dier makes a return to the starting 11 at any point in the next few games than its a no to Mason. Dier is completely unredeemable at this point and should be moved on early in the summer. Theres no excuse for starting him.

Yes its also important to mention Mason has been on the first team staff whilst overseeing our collapse the past 3 years, but im not sure Masons position had too much input in that

However it was surprising to see the changes. It has to stay that way.
Of course we cant blame him for the things that happened while he was just a coach. But he has been around the club and has seen what is and isnt wrong with the team. So he should know by now what needs to be done. Getting Dier out is undoubtedly a step in the right direction.

Next thing that clear and obvious and that he should be realising a midfield 2 of Skipp and Hojberg is incredibly weak and makes it difficult for us to get out of our half other than Romero launching long balls. Either add a 3rd guy or try someone else in there. If he can show that he gets the simple things, we can then maybe hope he sees a big picture too and get behind him. Unlike Conte who kept doing the same thing and expected different results.

I know people shit on Sherwood, and im not saying hes amazinf, but i remember him coming in and completely putting some of the regular players noses out of joint, identified the players who werent fit to wear the shirt. Literally gave rise to Kane by making the point of playing the youth over the fairweather first team starters. They were eventually moved on. Sherwood also spoke of the players lack of discipline and joking around in training.

So now we have come full circle and the same problems are back. What is it about spurs that fester this type of mentality? Is it the lack of pressure to win anything? Does the higher command at Spurs just let the players be happy? Run around a bit? Just try to win CL qualification and let us make our money please and you can do what you want etc etc There just isnt that same pressure or they dont make the players feel “uncomfortable” as long as they are making money, all is good in the world. The expectations arent there.

I typed this whilst sitting in KFC with a large fillet box meal, 2 chicken pieces with coleslaw
Sherwood did not rate Jan , tells me all I need to know

I like the cut of his jib, he deserves a full time role - maybe he should aim for a job in the Championship and work his way up because he has a future IMO
He talks well and says all the buzz words. You can tell he’s been media trained as most coaches at clubs are.
I like more mental cases to be honest that don’t give a fuck what people think but those characters are sadly few and far between nowadays.

I refuse to believe people are genuinely serious about Mason getting the gig permanently

I guess it's the ENIC spell , lower expectations to such a point where people are just desperate for "one of their own" and the whole DNA/Knows the club rubbish comes to the surface

What what...

Man like Money Mase!

Thing is Levy doesn’t agree with him otherwise he would have got the job when Cunte was fired and not Stellini being appointed which was a massive slap in the face!

Like a few others on here have said he needs to leave learn the ropes at a smaller club like Millwall or QPR then maybe come back in 18 months time when JN is sacked

Last edited:
He's not my favorite and I hate that he's part of the furniture at the place now, but I'd take Mason over Nagelsmann every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

There is nothing in Nagelsmann's CV that would suggest to me he'd make any sense at a club in a different league or country from anything he's experienced.

I really hope this Nagelsmann noise is just hot air.

Xabi Alonso is my first choice, he just makes so much sense.

Back
Top Bottom