Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not my favorite and I hate that he's part of the furniture at the place now, but I'd take Mason over Nagelsmann every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

There is nothing in Nagelsmann's CV that would suggest to me he'd make any sense at a club in a different league or country from anything he's experienced.

I really hope this Nagelsmann noise is just hot air.

Xabi Alonso is my first choice, he just makes so much sense.
I haven’t really spent much time researching for the next manager and I don’t have a strong opinion about anyone.

However, based on your track record, I now think that Nagelsmann’s experience in Germany will translate perfectly to success in England, he’ll definitely be a better choice than Mason and Xabi Alonso is the worst possible candidate.

I haven’t really spent much time researching for the next manager and I don’t have a strong opinion about anyone.

However, based on your track record, I now think that Nagelsmann’s experience in Germany will translate perfectly to success in England, he’ll definitely be a better choice than Mason and Xabi Alonso is the worst possible candidate.
Brendan Rodgers it is, then.

Interview Crying GIF

No way can anyone say mason is a better managerial prospect than JN!
Ffs mason could only just about beat CP at home and that is with all the changes to formation, tactics, etc. it wasn’t as if we totally dominated.

He's not my favorite and I hate that he's part of the furniture at the place now, but I'd take Mason over Nagelsmann every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

There is nothing in Nagelsmann's CV that would suggest to me he'd make any sense at a club in a different league or country from anything he's experienced.

What has Alonso achieved? Nagelsmann is on another level from him

Let’s appoint a guy who wasn’t deemed good enough or trusted to take over after Conte left. If Stellini hadn’t been such a fucking inept idiot Mason would have faded into the background again. But because he was an inept idiot some now think it’s an acceptable idea to give it to Mason after 3 games in which he showed to be scared to go for the win against Utd when they were there for the taking,battered against Liverpool and the comeback covered cracks and won a boring 1-0 at home to a team playing for fuck all. Let’s give him it then!!!
He would get a shit budget and keep players that shouldn’t be there and we become Everton.
If he wasn’t a former player who came through at the club not one person would be shouting for him. The mentality at the club is shit from top to bottom including fans. We should be going for the best possible candidate because we are a massive club. We need to start acting like one.

Just a few questions. Why is Alonso your first choice? What has he done to be first choice? Had you considered him before his name was mentioned in the press just a few days ago? Finally ,until his name was put forward by the press did you know that he was even a manager! Don’t talk rubbish.

In no fucking world do I want him in charge next season. Absurd that it is even a talking point and sums up the mess we are in.
The fact that he couldn't even get the job ahead of Conte's fucking assistant and now all of a sudden he is the front runner for the job based on a few good performances is utterly absurd to me.

Levy is absolutely out of his depth when it comes to footballing decisions and I am fucking sick of him quite frankly.

Let’s appoint a guy who wasn’t deemed good enough or trusted to take over after Conte left. If Stellini hadn’t been such a fucking inept idiot Mason would have faded into the background again. But because he was an inept idiot some now think it’s an acceptable idea to give it to Mason after 3 games in which he showed to be scared to go for the win against Utd when they were there for the taking,battered against Liverpool and the comeback covered cracks and won a boring 1-0 at home to a team playing for fuck all. Let’s give him it then!!!
He would get a shit budget and keep players that shouldn’t be there and we become Everton.
If he wasn’t a former player who came through at the club not one person would be shouting for him. The mentality at the club is shit from top to bottom including fans. We should be going for the best possible candidate because we are a massive club. We need to start acting like one.

Don’t think it’ was about being good enough.

Always came down to money. Already paying Conte’s staff. Let’s milk it for all their worth.

Nagelsmann is what Ze Germans call a "warmduscher."

Literally "warm showerer."

What exactly has Nagelsmann done? Won the Bundesliga w/ Bayern?

Wow, everybody wins the Bundesliga with Bayern. He's the most expensive managerial flop in history.

Alonso is green as manager but has had some success including gaining promotion to the 2nd division w/ Real Sociedad B, the first time in 50 years, and now a Europa League semifinal w/ Leverkusen.

Just a few questions. Why is Alonso your first choice? What has he done to be first choice? Had you considered him before his name was mentioned in the press just a few days ago? Finally ,until his name was put forward by the press did you know that he was even a manager! Don’t talk rubbish.
LOL. Yes, I was aware that he was a manager in the Bundesliga.

I'm not privy to any info, and no I hadn't really considered him for Spurs, until we started being linked to Tim Steidten mid-March. We need a DOF and a manager, why not make it a package deal?

I know very little about Tim Steidten besides he's one of the most in demand DOF (Liverpool want him apparently), and that he recruited Alonso to Leverkusen.

I like everything about Alonso. As a player he played in the PL, La Liga and the Bundesliga under some of the greatest managers of this era.

Last edited:
If we sign another manager based on his previous achievements at big clubs, we will be in the same situation in 18 months. Has little bearing on how he will adapt within the constraints of our faux attempts at being a big club and fractured political leadership.

Alonso or Kompany would be my picks, with a view to being a stepping stone before they move on in a few years to a big club eg Liv/City. If they do well it’s win win for both - vested interest whereas a big hitter mgr just gets disillusioned with Levy and loses interest

Nagelsmann is what Ze Germans call a "warmduscher."

Literally "warm showerer."

What exactly has Nagelsmann done? Won the Bundesliga w/ Bayern?

Wow, everybody wins the Bundesliga with Bayern. He's the most expensive managerial flop in history.

Alonso is green as manager but has had some success including gaining promotion to the 2nd division w/ Real Sociedad B, the first time in 50 years, and now a Europa League semifinal w/ Leverkusen.
So turning Hoffenheim into a top end bundesliga side and improved them dramatically while in his 20s,taking Leipzig to champions league semi final and into a top German side that played great,fast aggressive football and won the league and cups,and unbeaten in the champions league this season in the group stages with Bayern Munich. And he’s done that before he’s 36.

Of course that doesn’t stand up to getting a B team printed from the 3rd tier of Spanish football or getting to a Europa league semi final.

There is no argument to this. Nagelsmann is far more successful than Alonso is.

I’m not saying I would be against Alonso because I think he is a very good coach and will become a great manager but Nagelsmann has proved himself at every club he’s been at.
As long as we don’t appoint potter,Rodgers or Mason then I’ll be happy ish 🤣

6 weeks ago on TFC - “We just want a manager that wants to be here and will connect with the fans”

Now on TFC - “Just pay them what they want, they’re world class and it’s what we need”

Im not saying Mason is the best man for the job, nor am I saying he isn’t. However, I’ve had enough of managers acting like they’re doing us a favour. I’ve not felt connected to a manager since Poch, and that’s because he got what the club was about and what the fans loved.

I’d love Mason to be our own Arteta, but it’s always a risk. I voted for Slot from the beginning, and I think he’d be great as a project manager for Spurs. Amirom would be my second choice now.

Back
Top Bottom