Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the club should ban Mirror journalists for a while after this. It's simply unacceptable to put out that headline and frontpage knowing full well that his family and friends will see it and fear the worst. Unacceptable when it's not been substantiated as it's obviously not been.

I think the club should ban Mirror journalists for a while after this. It's simply unacceptable to put out that headline and frontpage knowing full well that his family and friends will see it and fear the worst. Unacceptable when it's not been substantiated as it's obviously not been.
I'm amazed they put that out now, I must still be naive when it comes to the tabloids, but that kind of fabrication and dramatisation illustrates that the gutter press remains in the gutter. Maybe a reflection of the internet destroying their business models, so like Maxwell vs Murdoch again.

How do we know he wasn't bleeding in the brain? He had surgery ffs

It's not that. It's that 15 minutes before Hull came out and said he was stable they ran an article saying he was "fighting for his life" in the headline. That headline also features on todays front- and backpage of the Mirror. Utterly irresponsible.

He's a nice bloke. Done a lot of great stuff for others.
I like him as a player but, unfortunately, injury fucked him. From the outset really too. Never had a chance to really learn at top level.
He was decent until he got injured and after coming back from that got injured again.

Wasn't he one of the best goalscorers we had in the youth team?
I remember pochettino saying something about it was up to him after his injuries etc.

This is just more bad luck for him and his family.

Final point to consider. Cahill's celebration at the goal...muted due to what he was involved in..I'd suggest not, did not look especially shaken sliding about sticking his tounge out to the TV Cameras.

I thought this over and over again too. He knew Mason was fucked. Not the details, but we all knew it was really bad. His celebration was fucking disgusting.

I cant in any way however blame him for the challenge. Just a very nasty clash of heads, and it could have been him in hospital but for the luck of the draw.

Chelsea fans I think did nothing wrong too. It looked like a terrible injury, but a few hundred, probably up the other end sang a few songs to break the silence and the entire ground stood up and applauded him off.

Look, I despise them too, but this is not a stick to beat them with. Its about Ryan Mason.

I think this summed it up to me:

Héctor Bellerín

✔@HectorBellerinDuring times like these teams and colours make no difference. Get well soon [URL='https://twitter.com/RyanMason']@RyanMason
1f64f.png
[/URL]

Makes you wonder what it means for his career.

Was thinking about him last night, and recall that Cech has been in a rugby hat for 10 years or so now due to a knock to the head, so does that mean a fractured skull for Ryan is worse?

Keepers can avoid heading the ball - not sure a midfielder can afford such luxuries.

Gutted for him.

Was thinking about him last night, and recall that Cech has been in a rugby hat for 10 years or so now due to a knock to the head, so does that mean a fractured skull for Ryan is worse?

Keepers can avoid heading the ball - not sure a midfielder can afford such luxuries.

Gutted for him.
Iain Hume suffered a fractured skull.

article-0-06B6BF26000005DC-18_468x311.jpg

He looks like that now. He was out for about 8 months but he's still playing football. That was 9 years.

Sometimes you think they just do it to wind people up

C2375lRWEAQJtyi.jpg

Ryan Mason's fiancée at Hull star’s bedside after horror skull injury

What's wrong with these people?

Newspapers have the freedom to behave in a way that would see most people prosecuted for doing the same on social media. Lies, witch hunts, invasion of privacy, indecency....but its all ok.

Some of their behaviour is simply harrassment and stalking, but they get a pass.

Im shocked more famous people dont take them to the cleaners.

Last edited:

Gutted for him.
If it helps, I believe one of the reasons that Cech wears the helmet is that he is a triplet which (for some reason) can lead to a thinner skull which is more liable to fracture.

Of course, it all depends on Mason's injury with regards to what his recovey will be like - but he won't have the same triplet issue!

Edit: this extensive piece on Petr Cech and his recovery makes a mention of it:

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech admits that head injury and fatherhood changed his life

Gutted for the lad, hope he makes a full recovery and is able to continue his career.

As for the Mirror, that rag is best boycotted (for those inclined to read that shitty publication).

Back
Top Bottom