Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yeah it's unreal, takes a very secure bloke and a supportive bunch of players to pull this off.

He has raised his head now and had a taste of success, lots would try and follow this quickly with a role outside the club. Mason however seems no fool, I would hope he takes a minute to reflect and looks at the bigger picture. If he plays this right his career could be sorted for the next 30 years. Step too soon and it will be over in months...

I guess this proves how easy football management is.

RUN ABAHT A BIT BOYS

And don't create a poisonous atmosphere, job done.

All about the players.

Experience obviously counts for something - but the most important thing in a team is everyone working together

Young Mourinho was brilliant at creating division between him, his players and anyone and anything outside of the club

Old Mourinho creates the same division amongst his own club

Sorry, but a deflection that fell to Bale's left foot and a somewhat fortunate penalty means we're great now?

Where was the free flowing, shackles off football? First half was worse than most of the displays under the last manager.

We beat a team 2nd bottom in the form table and it's all ding dong the witch is dead? Some of you are actively deluding yourselves.

The romantic in me wants him to be given the job full time and have a Nagelsmann style rise.

The logical part of me feels that it would be better for him to take a step back to youth level after the season to keep working on his game. Then getting a job at a lower level to build experience before coming back.

But for these remaining games. I am all in.

Sorry, but a deflection that fell to Bale's left foot and a somewhat fortunate penalty means we're great now?

Where was the free flowing, shackles off football? First half was worse than most of the displays under the last manager.

We beat a team 2nd bottom in the form table and it's all ding dong the witch is dead? Some of you are actively deluding yourselves.
I agree there were some positive signs in the second half but the fact we struggled so much in the first against the team in worst form in the league in 2021 is still worrying to me.

We struggled without a focal point upfront but the biggest issue was just terrible midfield play from all 3 in there. No one making angles to receive the ball no one progressing it. We had no answer for Southampton's press.

Also I do find it funny that Mason is being praised for the same subs/choices that Jose would be slated for: starting Dier, taking off Bale and Ndombele, bringing Winks on, keeping Lucas on for 96 mins)

Consistency please people!

Ryan Mason has found himself in a situation where it will be hard for him to fail. If we don't win on Sunday and then fail to qualify for Europe, as long as he keeps his head down it will all be blamed on Mourinho and Levy.

If, however, we achieve either or both of our targets, he will be Our Saviour.

Just keep your head down, Ryan!

yeah it's unreal, takes a very secure bloke and a supportive bunch of players to pull this off.

He has raised his head now and had a taste of success, lots would try and follow this quickly with a role outside the club. Mason however seems no fool, I would hope he takes a minute to reflect and looks at the bigger picture. If he plays this right his career could be sorted for the next 30 years. Step too soon and it will be over in months...

Those that have gone before him can show him the path to glory..................

:sherwoodlol:

Ryan Mason has found himself in a situation where it will be hard for him to fail. If we don't win on Sunday and then fail to qualify for Europe, as long as he keeps his head down it will all be blamed on Mourinho and Levy.

If, however, we achieve either or both of our targets, he will be Our Saviour.

Just keep your head down, Ryan!
Agree.
And supporters should show him support through these next few weeks.
Don't get some of the negative attitude from some on here(not you :)) ,he is in a position not of his choosing,as such.
Personally,i have enjoyed the interviews and seeing our players with smiles on their faces.
Roll on Sunday!! I have gone from almost disinterest to buzzing,and Mr Mason is the main part of the reason for that.

Last edited:

Your player assessment has been in tatters for ages now.

Your backing of the wrong manager is now in tatters.

And here you are building a strawman argument that doesn't even exist. No one, absolutely no one thinks that was "free-flowing football" and that the "shackles are off".

People did enjoy the win though because:
1. We won (something rarely seen under the Chav King cunt)
2. We won from a losing position (the first time this season)
3. We won by having possession of the ball (almost never seen)
4. We won by having more territory than our opponent (almost never seen)
5. We won by having more shots than our opponent!!!!!! Yes!! WE OUTSHOT OUR OPPONENT!!
6. We won with a goal scored by a Jose ostracized player
7. We won by trying to attack after a VAR decision went against us (unlike under the dinosaur)
8. We won by actually controlling an entire half of football
9. We won by not sitting back into a low-block
10. We won without relying on Kane
11. We won with an ex-academy player in his 1st ever managerial game who had 1 training session to address the absolute cluster fuck left behind by the dinosaur. For fans they like this, it feels good. A win under the Dinosaur rarely felt good.

Your delusion towards the dinosaur is the only embarrassing thing that's on view here.

I agree there were some positive signs in the second half but the fact we struggled so much in the first against the team in worst form in the league in 2021 is still worrying to me.

We struggled without a focal point upfront but the biggest issue was just terrible midfield play from all 3 in there. No one making angles to receive the ball no one progressing it. We had no answer for Southampton's press.

Also I do find it funny that Mason is being praised for the same subs/choices that Jose would be slated for: starting Dier, taking off Bale and Ndombele, bringing Winks on, keeping Lucas on for 96 mins)

Some people on here have been consistently saying the manager is the issue, not the players. Same players, different Manager.

Under a decent manager, with a progressive system installed, only then can we truly take aim at players that do not fit in with that. Bashing players who have been poorly physically trained, poorly managed and poorly set up for a game is utter nonsense.

And no Mason almost certainly isn't the man to turn us around, but he's already got the team to do a number of things that Jose couldn't.

Some people on here have been consistently saying the manager is the issue, not the players. Same players, different Manager.

Under a decent manager, with a progressive system installed, only then can we truly take aim at players that do not fit in with that. Bashing players who have been poorly physically trained, poorly managed and poorly set up for a game is utter nonsense.

And no Mason almost certainly isn't the man to turn us around, but he's already got the team to do a number of things that Jose couldn't.
Did we ever come back from behind and win under Jose?

I can’t remember but I don’t think there were many occasions.

We’ve done plenty of the reverse though, so many late draws or losses.

He had two training sessions. Jeez he showed he can make good tactical decisions at half time. It is just good to have the poison out.

Good start, really happy for him tbh.

He makes all the right noises, I hope he can build on this and return when he has got himself a lot of experience.

Let's hope he can get a trophy on his watch. He can't do more than giving his best, bringing a positive atmosphere back to the club and lay the foundations for the new guy in the summer.

But it is ding dong the witch is dead!! Surely people are allowed to enjoy the lift of winning after all the negativity of the last couple of years?

Yes the football was still shit but they've still got all Moanhio's criticisms in their heads, Kane was out injured, they've had what? 1 or 2 coaching sessions since misery toddled off? So 1-2 actual footballing coaching session in 18months... They're clearly unfit too.

I for one am just savouring the first baby steps out from under the cloud.

Back
Top Bottom