Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's too green to take on a Prem team long-term, but I have to admire Ryan for how willing he has been to step in and for how he conducts himself in front of the media. Man is total Spurs and his frustration at Conte and Stellini was a glimmer in the abyss. If he can guide us to 7th out of this shitshow, I think it will have been a success.

Can't see him leaving if Nags joins, but a mid-table Champo club seems a natural next step.

He's too green to take on a Prem team long-term, but I have to admire Ryan for how willing he has been to step in and for how he conducts himself in front of the media. Man is total Spurs and his frustration at Conte and Stellini was a glimmer in the abyss. If he can guide us to 7th out of this shitshow, I think it will have been a success.

Can't see him leaving if Nags joins, but a mid-table Champo club seems a natural next step.

He might be ready for the gig after the managers he has learned under but the games he has left aren't really going to give him a chance to prove it. Unless he wins every game which is a completely unrelistic expectation.

Could def use taking on a Champo team if he doesn't get the full time gig.

All in all, promising signs in his first match back as interim. There were clearly tactical changes he orchestrated at halftime which I don't think we've seen since switching to a back 4 at Chelsea in August and although I don't agree with the Tanganga sub, I can understand the reasoning behind it.

That was incredibly mature from Mason today. We were on the ropes the entire first half.

Got the players fired up for the second half. And had the cajones to consolidate the draw with the Tanganga sub. Obviously us fans wanted to see us go for glory but we have shipped so many late goals lately that it was enough to stop the rot.

Fantastic first start for him considering what we have been dished up lately.

If Nagelsmann and Rangnick join I would almost argue for Ryan to take a step "down" to be headcoach of the U21s and then just plant him under the Rangnick learning tree. Let him learn Ralf's system and methods and gain some experience as a head coach for the U21s and then we see what happens.

Some managers do end up coming from within a club's own ranks. Pep got his start at Barca B before being promoted to the first team. Simone Inzaghi was the youth coach for Lazio before stepping up as interim to see out a season, and was then hastily made the permanent coach once Bielsa quit after a week. And he's turned out to be a pretty darn solid manager.

Not saying that Ryan will turn out the same but it is worth a try. And Yaya or Defoe can take his position within the first team staff unless Julian is adamant on only bringing in his own crew.

Back
Top Bottom