Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good defensively today IMO. Still all over the shop in attack.

Classic reactionary comment after a win, but I think he’s beginning to look worth the £30m we paid for him. If he plays under conte for another season he’ll be very good.

He is fine and showing that he has a place going forward as a squad player but one of a very big list of players that don't look anywhere close to good enough if we want to compete at the top of the league/Europe.

He's playing well but I'm still shocked by how much his technical ability in attack seems to let him down for a guy who really came through as an attacking player.

He came through as a left back. It was never the case that he was anything else, besides the fact that he was (considered) versatile, and used on the left whereever Fulham's manager felt, he was most needed/they were otherwise weakest.

Him and Emerson are doing enough to get us through to the end of the season, but they are clearly the weak links in the team imo. Upgrading our wingbacks is a top priority.

I will say that Sessegnon is making the case that we could keep him as the backup and sell Reg. On the other side, I think Doherty should be kept as the backup.

in last few games felt he had become more positive when attacking with the ball, but tonight he was back to being careful/passive when attacking along the wing

I still maintain what I have said for a while now: my only concern about him is that he's injury-prone. I hope it's just "unluck" rather than proneness and if he can stay clear of injuries he'll turn into a quality LWB.

Really? Different day the kid has 3 assists today played very well in every aspect
A lot of plays ended with a fumbled touch, poor cross etc. from him.

Ironically I thought Emerson was better in attack than him (apart from missing chances), whereas sess was better in defence.

He needs to find some more pace and some composure when attacking but defensively is good. He’s disciplined and considerably better in that dept than regulion. There was a great moment last night when he out muscled Saka to let the ball run out for a GK. just dominated him.

A lot of plays ended with a fumbled touch, poor cross etc. from him.

Ironically I thought Emerson was better in attack than him (apart from missing chances), whereas sess was better in defence.

He put 2 very good balls into the box almost identical to the Liverpool assist for Son I believe, who should have done better with em

He played well in general I though nothing amazing but like the whole back line he was just solid

He came through as a left back. It was never the case that he was anything else, besides the fact that he was (considered) versatile, and used on the left whereever Fulham's manager felt, he was most needed/they were otherwise weakest.
Nonsense. He was mostly a winger at Fulham when we got him. There was talk of him doing a reverse Gareth Bale when we got him, since he was never going to usurp Son.

His one notable trait was the poacher's instinct to always get into goal scoring positions and having decent composure to finish.

I remember the many MANY Fulham fans saying he wasn't good defensively.

Back
Top Bottom