Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Improving with every performance, salah and saka 2 of the top wingers in the league and he’s dealt with them both comfortably. Assist on the weekend and unlucky not have another assist last night.

Sell reggie and sign another lwb for sess to compete with

He's playing well but I'm still shocked by how much his technical ability in attack seems to let him down for a guy who really came through as an attacking player.

Confidence.

Like Bale to a much lesser extent, once he cracks in a couple of goals (he is more than capable) he might go up another level.

For Sessegnon probably more than some of our other players, he really needs Conte to stay and develop him, incoming competition for his place or not.

I've been one of his biggest critics but what has impressed me lately is his physicality.

I didn't know he had that in him and it tallies with Conte saying he's very difficult to beat 1v1.

I still think he's limited going forward but for his solidity he is now above Reguilon in the pecking order. Lets hope Madrid are dumb enough to activate the buy back clause.

I've been one of his biggest critics but what has impressed me lately is his physicality.

I didn't know he had that in him and it tallies with Conte saying he's very difficult to beat 1v1.

I still think he's limited going forward but for his solidity he is now above Reguilon in the pecking order. Lets hope Madrid are dumb enough to activate the buy back clause.
This is the thing - I don't think he is, at all.

It's all confidence.

He's got the full package.

People beginning to see he's much more balanced along the flank and more reliable, defensively, than regs (who's likely to go this summer).

Next season - all being well he stays fit and gets conte stuck into him in pre-season - we'll see some of the forward play (and goals) that created the buzz about him and characterised his potential.

Needs proper advice/long term solution for managing his hammy/s (new med team, hopefully), then his full confidence will return (with hiim, mentally, able to fully commit himself physically) and he'll be a valuable player in the squad imo.

Still needs to be #2 LWB, but if he's able to slot everything into place, he will push for #1.

It's all confidence.

People beginning to see he's much more balanced along the flank and more reliable, defensively, than regs (who's likely to go this summer).

Next season - all being well he stays fit and gets conte stuck into him in pre-season - we'll see some of the forward play (and goals) that created the buzz about him and characterised his potential.

Needs proper advice/long term solution for managing his hammy/s (new med team, hopefully), then his full confidence will return (with hiim, mentally, able to fully commit himself physically) and he'll be a valuable player in the squad imo.

Still needs to be #2 LWB, but if he's able to slot everything into place, he will push for #1.

Someone like Perisic would be ideal. Great #1 LWB for next season, but if Sess develops further he would not be in his way for the future.

It's all confidence.

It's a real possibility.

You can sense he is beginning to feel as though he belongs.

Sell Reg?! Sess only decent?! What are some of you on?!

Sess is looking great, played a blinder in his last two games and is defined worth keeping. Same with Reg.

I swear some people just like moaning for the sake of it.

definitely prefer him to Reguillon

Odd as there is no doubt Reguilon is much better.

There is nothing Sessegnon does better. He is weaker in attack, weaker in defense, a worse crosser, is not a good passer and loves nothing more than giving the ball away cheaply.

5A9058BC-5F6E-4213-99B5-BF9D1CB15999.jpeg

He came through as a left back. It was never the case that he was anything else, besides the fact that he was (considered) versatile, and used on the left whereever Fulham's manager felt, he was most needed/they were otherwise weakest.
He was an attacker/MF mainly for Fulham in the championship & England U21

Odd as there is no doubt Reguilon is much better.

There is nothing Sessegnon does better. He is weaker in attack, weaker in defense, a worse crosser, is not a good passer and loves nothing more than giving the ball away cheaply.
It’s a game of opinions isn’t it !

He needs to be able to play like he did at Fulham, be a poacher in attack, not a creator. Like that Doherty goal from Kane's cross where Doc lept on the chance missed by Son.

His defensive solidity is surprising and will a LONG way to helping him establish himself, if he does end up doing so in the end.

He was excellent yesterday. Owned Saka and was unfortunate not to get an assist with a peach of a cross to Emerson.

Fitness and minutes is what he needs now. He looks really solid defensively, he just needs the minutes to grow his confidence, then his attacking instincts will really kick in.

So pleased for the boy and long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom