Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are enough rumours going round about other clubs of some repute wanting to take the bloke on loan. Rumours only of course.

If they are true however it talks of the belief that there is serious talent in those feet.

In my opinion and what needs to happen quickly is for him to be told what position he is seen as being preferred in.

He just does not seem a natural left back as he lacks aggression and also shows no great desire to play defensively.

I would be surprised if he does not come good eventually. I might be less surprised if he does not come good with us.

Patience on our side and commitment from him is crucial.

Why does Lamela get season after season but some are saying we should get rid of a 19 year old who's only been here a year, playing under two managers in an unforeseeably weird season?

confidence gone - how much time do we give him?

I would send him out on loan hoping he can regain it. It would have to be a premier team to see if he can play at this level. Hopefully he can and then return to us full of confidence. It may be a few seasons before we see if he can make. I think he needs to tie a position down not between 2 just make his mind up what position he wants to play and work hard on that position

I’d like us to persevere with him at left back and give him a proper run. If we didn’t have such a car crash of a right back who was more attacking focused, and played a Foyth or Tanganga there we can afford to have Sessegnon on the left effectively performing the same role (without the obligatory 2/3 goal scoring opportunities gifted to the opposition)

I’d like us to persevere with him at left back and give him a proper run. If we didn’t have such a car crash of a right back who was more attacking focused, and played a Foyth or Tanganga there we can afford to have Sessegnon on the left effectively performing the same role (without the obligatory 2/3 goal scoring opportunities gifted to the opposition)
I’m torn. I’m quite up for Cirkin getting his chance too, given the buzz amongst the youth watchers and the noise that he’s caught Jose’s eye.

Why does Lamela get season after season but some are saying we should get rid of a 19 year old who's only been here a year, playing under two managers in an unforeseeably weird season?

Nailed on.

Absolute bollocks from end to end.

Sissoko, Lamela, Aurier, the list goes on.

I don't think it's useful to compare a £90 mill player to a 19/20 yo kid.
Ryan is a very talented football player who needs to be treated right.
Was Bale 90M 19-20yo when he was purchased from Soton? Or was he 15M and 17yo when purchased and subsequently developed into that player? Seems a very fitting comparison to the 25M 19yo LB we purchased from FFC.

Nothing wrong with keeping him aslong as he plays games. He wasted practically a full year of development last season. Luckily for him, he got great development from a young age unlike many of the other youngsters we've been detrimental to.

Wouldn't even be against a loan to somewhere he's likely to start each week and perform. Even if that means somewhere like Holland. Just to get his confidence up.

Back
Top Bottom