Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not at all. He's evidently got pace and skills. What he needs is to be crushed and rebuilt under Mourinho; reborn as mentally tougher and proper filthy.
Well he does have pace... sadly nothing else really. Should sell if we could get 10-15m.

Loan to him to Fulham if they promise to actually play him. Maybe in defence to see if he can actually develop into a left back. Never gonna be a left forward for a Cl aspiring team like us.

He just seems to be a bit of a pussy to be honest
I watched him in the Champ and liked him a lot. I watched him in the EPL and thought he wasn't half bad.
I was very pleased indeed that we signed him but he needs to man up.
But let's not forget he is still only 19 yo.
Edit: Turned 20 in May.

Obviously he was very good for a 17 year old at Fulham. But he hasn't added anything to his game since. His peers have caught up or overtaken him and now he looks no more than average as a 20 year old.

Basically we bought him based on the 17-18 season, hoping that because he was very young there was a lot of improvement to come. We ignored the fact he underwhelmed in 18-19.

Seeing his game at Spurs, nothing really stands out. He's not that quick, he's not a great defender. His passing/crossing is OK but not exceptional.

He's not a rough diamond that can be polished and I don't really see where the improvement is going to come from. He's a player who matured relatively early and so stood out against his peers for a season. But whose final level is likely going to be beneath us.

Bale scored some class goals straight away, one against Fulham I remember well. Hopefully sess can get better but I've not seen that desire from him which I think is necessary to make it at the top level
I’m not comparing their quality, Bale always had that electric acceleration which made him so dangerous. It’s more the mentality thing. Bale definitely toughened up at 21-22.

I don't think it's useful to compare a £90 mill player to a 19/20 yo kid.
Ryan is a very talented football player who needs to be treated right.

I don't think it's useful to compare a £90 mill player to a 19/20 yo kid.
Ryan is a very talented football player who needs to be treated right.
Ok, even though I wasn’t comparing him to Bale’s quality only mentality at that age, we could also compare Sessegnon to Rose at a similar age. Let’s be frank, goal against Woolwich excepted, he was a pretty average midfielder, and when he moved back to LB he was pretty average there until Poch got hold of him.

Sessegnon has more quality in his left foot than Rose has/had. I’d say athletically they’re quite similar in size and pace-wise before Danny’s injuries. What Rose always had was that massive chippy aggressiveness which served him well as a defender. If Sessegnon can develop even a little bit of that then I’m sure Jose can coach him to be a solid defender.

He makes good runs but nobody would play him through. Some like Alli seem specifically to not want to pass to him. Watch when he played against Bayern. He is fast and direct and quite smart with his runs, if we don’t play a game which uses his assets he will always be shit. Plus now he has zero confidence. I never understood the scouting plan other than he was young and English.
💯

Back
Top Bottom