Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before he signed that he flunked his debut PL season with Fulham and looked crap.
Not really bothered that he was tearing it up against Rotherham the year before to be honest.

Been no better for us when I’ve seen him either, move on, take Dele and Ndombele with you.

Done with passengers and expensive potential

Said it before he signed that he flunked his debut PL season with Fulham and looked crap.
Not really bothered that he was tearing it up against Rotherham the year before to be honest.

Been no better for us when I’ve seen him either, move on, take Dele and Ndombele with you.

Done with passengers and expensive potential
Well support city then who can sign 3 stars per position

Utterly pointless loaning a player with 120 senior games. Loans should be to get experience. We've got shit loads of games next season and need a squad.

Well he got what 10 games, mostly in early round Cup matches this year when we had a desperate need at LB. If he can't barely make the bench last year or overtake Davies then I am not sure what he is going to provide this coming year.

If he can't play LB and is a winger then he is behind at least Son and Lamela at LW, and I would probably put either Stevie or Moura there as well over him. Potentially Alli as well if you are playing a 4-3-3 and want to get him in the side.

Unless he is ready to be a LB not sure how he gets any games by staying here.

Well he got what 10 games, mostly in early round Cup matches this year when we had a desperate need at LB. If he can't barely make the bench last year or overtake Davies then I am not sure what he is going to provide this coming year.

If he can't play LB and is a winger then he is behind at least Son and Lamela at LW, and I would probably put either Stevie or Moura there as well over him. Potentially Alli as well if you are playing a 4-3-3 and want to get him in the side.

Unless he is ready to be a LB not sure how he gets any games by staying here.
He has to be part of Europa games, thats 9 straight off if we qualify. Maybe he'll find some form and force his way in somewhere? With only Davies as left back there is a route to regular football if he starts performing but Mourinho has to pick him first.

He has to be part of Europa games, thats 9 straight off if we qualify. Maybe he'll find some form and force his way in somewhere? With only Davies as left back there is a route to regular football if he starts performing but Mourinho has to pick him first.

Can he even play left back?

I'm not saying that to be pessimistic but how many games last year did he even play LB? I am asking because I don't remember a single game he played in.

I keep saying this in regards to other aspect but the same is here as well. This is not youth football, we can't just gift guys minutes and hope they turn out. If he can't earn a spot then playing him and praying he finally shows something is crazy, even in Europa League games.

Why would we play him over Cirkin if Cirkin has shown more? These early round games would be great to get Cirkin some minutes and if he has shown more ability to play LB he should get those minutes not Sessegnon just because Sess cost more and has more experience.

Ultimately I think the club needs to figure out what Sess is a LB or LW and then decide if he is good enough at either position to be either a starter or first option off the bench at either spot. To me if he is not ready for either of those roles then he has to go somewhere that he is otherwise we are just wasting him.

Agree. A back up to Davies in a club playing in Europa should get plenty of playing time.

We would be stuffed if Rose leaves and Davies gets injured early on. He has enough experience playing for Fulham and if he goes anywhere it should be elsewhere but if he is not back up to Davies who is? Verts has left as well.

If he's not going to get games - then best off loaning him out to further his development.

Seems like signs are pointing towards Cirkin being Davies' back up next season.

Looks completely lacking in confidence, probably not helped from barely playing for a whole season.

Wouldnt be the worst thing for him to be loaned out somewhere he played regularly and decide if it's LB or LM that he wants to play but probably also needs to grow a pair because he's way too timid on the pitch from the games I've seen him play.

Looks completely lacking in confidence, probably not helped from barely playing for a whole season.

Wouldnt be the worst thing for him to be loaned out somewhere he played regularly and decide if it's LB or LM that he wants to play but probably also needs to grow a pair because he's way too timid on the pitch from the games I've seen him play.

A loan back to Fulham might help.

Hard to know what Jose has in mind at the moment, but I can't imagine they won't be working hard on Sessegnon as a LB over the coming months. Think he has the tools to be really good in the position if he can develop his physicality. Unfortunate to be injured from June until Late October of last year which made for a tough first year at the club. Tentatively expect him to play in 16-23 games at LB this season, all comps.

Totally agree. During that first run of games he looked like a bollockless rabbit in the headlights. That really worries me.

He makes good runs but nobody would play him through. Some like Alli seem specifically to not want to pass to him. Watch when he played against Bayern. He is fast and direct and quite smart with his runs, if we don’t play a game which uses his assets he will always be shit. Plus now he has zero confidence. I never understood the scouting plan other than he was young and English.

I still think he'll come good... does that make me a naive, misty-eyed old soppy chops?
Not at all. He's evidently got pace and skills. What he needs is to be crushed and rebuilt under Mourinho; reborn as mentally tougher and proper filthy.

Back
Top Bottom