Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m excited about seeing what poch can do with Sessengon, but I’m worried of this is at the expense of Danny!

Rose was never going to be here long term after what he said in that Sun interview, he is incredibly lucky that he ever got to play another game for Tottenham after that.

We've been trying to flog Rose for two years, he has a big head and his body is creaking, it's time to let him go.

don't see it, contract expires in 2020 but the club have an option of an additional two years, they will simply trigger that if they are worried about losing him on a free. If we want him we're going to have to pay £25m+

All this talk about the deal falling through or not happening this summer yet he's gone from 1/5 on to 1/9 on to 1/16 on to 1/25 on to join Spurs with the bookies in just over a week.

If the bookies don't trust 1/5 at a safe price not to lose money it must be almost nailed on.

Rose was never going to be here long term after what he said in that Sun interview, he is incredibly lucky that he ever got to play another game for Tottenham after that.

We've been trying to flog Rose for two years, he has a big head and his body is creaking, it's time to let him go.

Dogmatic bullshit.
1) He was in the lineup right after his knee injury was over (after this Sun interview). Also it was 2 years ago now... just sayin.
2) There was also absolutely no indication that club would have been actively trying to sell him last summer.
3) And "body creaking" - he had one major injury during last season. Kane had multiple - would you flag him off as well (okay, well Dier is better example, we all know that Kane was intentionally over the top comparsion - Dier played 600 mins less than Rose last season).
----------------------
I mean, don't get me wrong I have never been a huge fan of Rose - he has often been quite erratic and shown some glimpses of headless chicken in early days.
After the Sun interview I wanted him off ASAP. And I was sure he was out. I even bet one of my mates that he will never play a single game for us anymore.

But I was proven wrong. And in the tail end of last season he played a lot and he played well. And he fought on the pitch. This effect was most likely aplified by weak season of Davies, but still.

If we want to achieve good results we have to keep our best players. Selling Rose and replacing him with Sessegnon would be a step back. I am not against bringing in Sessegnon per se. But he would need time to fit in, and when he outplays Rose - kudos to him, time to let Rose go. But not pre-emptively. This is a small club (also look at -Southampton model) model - replacing proven player with youngster only based on hope.

If onomah is going to Huddersfield it may be a clue that we aren’t going to get Sessegnon after all.

As all the talk was onomah going the other way.

If Huddersfield are offering better money and salary for Onomah then he'd just go there and we'd be better off overall. If Fulham only value him at 7 million (effectively a 7 million discount on Sessegnon) but Huddersfield at 10, then it would just be a straight cash deal.

I know Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor mentioned the Lo Celso transfer feels like Grealish from last year, but this Sessegnon saga is more comparable to me. English, in the Champo, seem to be going back and forth for weeks without going anywhere.

It's a bit different in that Sess doesn't have the same connection that Grealish did at Villa and Fulham need to sell since they got relegated, but I don't know what the hold up is with Sessegnon. I know he had a hamstring issue, but this entire thing has just felt inevitable and then nothing. There was supposed to be a "big breakthrough" last week then it went completely flat again.

Back
Top Bottom