Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s been a very disappointing signing with both his injuries and performances, but people do tend to watch his games with confirmation bias. He has not been anywhere near a bad as some people make out this season. He played well today and he’s better than Reguilon.

Looked nervy at times but was up against the best player on the planet and Salah was very very quiet. Very clever assist too, plenty of players would have shot and wasted the chance, showed excellent composure.
Salah has been wank for a long time now.

He’s got some skills on the attacking side, needs more consistency though. His defensive side needs a lot of work though. Can potentially be molded into a decent LWB but he’s got some ways to go. Seems to always be lacking in confidence and unsure of himself. Always seems to doubt who to pass to

I have cunted him off endlessly, but he put in a solid and composed performance. Just give us that til the end of the season and it's enough.

Mostly good, but a few times he threw away some good defensive positioning by being too physically weak to take advantage (eg Salah situ that led to him wrestling salah to the floor during the last qtr.).

Mad props for the composure for the pass on our goal though.

Looked nervy at times but was up against the best player on the planet and Salah was very very quiet. Very clever assist too, plenty of players would have shot and wasted the chance, showed excellent composure.

He wasn't just up against Salah! Often when Mane dropped deeper, Salah moved into the CF slot, so he was drifting to and from Sessegnon's area. Plus TAA was moving back and forth between staying wide and going into the half-space. Plus they tried to overload all the time with Henderson going wide, if Salah and/or TAA drifted in.

He's not always been my cup of tea, and it remains to be seen if he has a role to play long term. But anyone saying he had short of a blinder (that weird header across our six yard box aside) can go and....well something :kaneshh:

He was targeted and handled it superbly. Felt like a coming of age performance to me.

I still feel so much of it is mentality with Sess. He’s clearly got the ability. But often it feels like he’s playing within himself and being too timid.

No way we should get rid. Really hopeful next year will be his year (appreciate we said that 10 months ago).

I still feel so much of it is mentality with Sess. He’s clearly got the ability. But often it feels like he’s playing within himself and being too timid.

No way we should get rid. Really hopeful next year will be his year (appreciate we said that 10 months ago).
How much of that mental weakness is related to self doubts about his body and conditioning? If he has a solid pre season and gets rid of all his niggles might see a more confident player

The assist for Son sums up his potential for me. He has the ability to influence games in the final third, makes good decisions and makes it look easy. With confidence, I can see the goals returning too

Basically, my only concern about Sessegnon is that he seems to be so injury-prone. I don't know whether he's just unlucky or if his body is simply injury-prone. If it's not the latter, well, then I can only see him getting better. IF...

Last edited:
he seemed more positive last night when going forward, but as others have said not strong enough when defending, its not able size its about strength, Winks has never learnt to be powerful,
hopefully Sess can be shown how to use his strength

Back
Top Bottom