Sack the manager or Sack the board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sack the Manager or Sack the Board

• Sack the manager

• Sack the Board

• Both

• Neither. Everything is sweet

• We're just fucking cursed, that's all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Voted neither as I don’t want to see the club turn into woolwich or Chelsea. Giving the manager 1 season and 6 games in total?? In the climate he’s managing in and our mental start to the season. No not for me.

That’s bullshit. I’m not a fan of that at all.

Levy’s going nowhere. And the whole what would our new owners be all about is another question all together.
As for Jose?? I’m guessing Top 4 (or the EL trophy) was his minimum aim this year.
Pretty sure he got given a free ticket for last season. Anything below 6th place we’ve regressed under him. You could say he finished 4th last year after he took over.............

So will wait till the summer to see what happens in terms of his managerial stay. If he manages to alienate half the first team we won’t be selling players so could imagine it’s cheaper to move him on with two seasons left on his contract. If not I think Levy will stick with him for at least the start of next season.

A lot of ifs buts and maybes in there - if we carry on this particular run of form then maybe Daniel will get a bit worried.

But no fans is a huge help to Jose- he can pretty much play whatever style he wants with no comeback. Could all swing round for him again.

It's a shame, as I honestly though that is what Trevor Birch was coming in to do, manage Footballing side, with Levy on to the property side.
The fact he is spoken about as a ‘shrewd negotiator’ etc in player sales and purchases, he’ll love all that.

You get the impression from the documentary that he genuinely likes the fame and attention he gets, and reputation he has built

But he needs to realise that a DOF is now the way to go, although I doubt he’ll want to admit it

It all depends on what people want, if you want success then enic are not the one's to deliver that.
But if your thing is decades of organic growth and the till ringing over with bundles of money pouring in then enic are your boys.

Did you think i was expecting an overwhelming majority in favour of keeping Mourinho?
Really?
No, but I do think you were expecting (well, hoping really) an overwhelming result in favour of sacking the board.

In neither options (board only or Jose and board) did you get what you were hoping for.
Shame really.

No, but I do think you were expecting (well, hoping really) an overwhelming result in favour of sacking the board.
Even I voted "both" . So that kind of pisses on your bonfire I'm afraid.

I'm not quite getting why your feeling so upset about the poll though. You're bringing it up in numerous threads.

120 people have taken part already and many have posted in the thread. Just accept the forum for what it is. It's what sets TFC above the rest.

I thought the poll about would you rather keep Dele or Jose was a bit pointless but that's the beauty of the forum

Even I voted "both" . So that kind of pisses on your bonfire I'm afraid.

I'm not quite getting why your feeling so upset about the poll though. You're bringing it up in numerous threads.

120 people have taken part already and many have posted in the thread. Just accept the forum for what it is. It's what sets TFC above the rest.

I thought the poll about would you rather keep Dele or Jose was a bit pointless but that's the beauty of the forum
Eh?
Who's getting upset?

I think it's very funny that you keep trying and failing to get people to vote on "Levy out"

I love your indomitable spirit, not matter what, you keep going. How many polls have you started on Levy/Enic/the board.
Even when everyone is fucked off and after (arguably) one of our worst performances in recent times, you still can't get a majority.

I love it.
Keep them coming.

I'm being serious here. I know we have a bit of banter back and forth but I really do admire your perseverance.

I'll set up my own poll in a bit.

Eh?
Who's getting upset?
It's how you're coming accross. Apologies if not
I think it's very funny that you keep trying and failing to get people to vote on "Levy out"
Good. I like to cheer people up
I love your indomitable spirit, not matter what, you keep going. How many polls have you started on Levy/Enic/the board.
Two.... I think?
Even when everyone is fucked off and after (arguably) one of our worst performances in recent times, you still can't get a majority.
I'm not interested in a majority. It's why the choices cover every angle
I love it.
Keep them coming.
If you insist. So stop whining when the next one appears
I'm being serious here. I know we have a bit of banter back and forth but I really do admire your perseverance.
Thanks mate
I'll set up my own poll in a bit.
Go for it. But like me, try and keep it Spurs related rather than personal.

Just a friendly tip from a veteran.

Last edited:
It all depends on what people want, if you want success then enic are not the one's to deliver that.
But if your thing is decades of organic growth and the till ringing over with bundles of money pouring in then enic are your boys.
Great post.

And respect to those who prefer the latter. We all have a right to our own opinions and expectations.

It's how you're coming accross. Apologies if not

Good. I like to cheer people up

Two.... I think?

I'm not interested in a majority. It's why the choices cover every angle

If you insist. So stop whining when the next one appears

Thanks mate

Go for it. But like me, try and keep it Spurs related rather than personal.

Just a friendly tip from a veteran.
Ah mate, you seem a bit upset.

It's only banter (not whining) and never anything personal with me. As a "veteran", I'd thought you'd know that.
We've had many a good natured discussion on here, full of humour and banter, and no ill feelings towards each other. At least that's how I've always seen it.
Sorry that you took me up wrong.

Fuck it I'm at the point where I'll take an Oligarch or some Arab Prince to change the face of my club. What's the point in having morals. Fuck it, can't beat them, join them.
The scumbags down the road have won loads of trophies without oligarch money.

I’m not pro-Levy by any means but we have made purchases recently that should justify a well put together team. What would a new board do to help us succeed?

We’re fucking cursed that’s all.

Ah mate, you seem a bit upset.

It's only banter (not whining) and never anything personal with me. As a "veteran", I'd thought you'd know that.
We've had many a good natured discussion on here, full of humour and banter, and no ill feelings towards each other. At least that's how I've always seen it.
Sorry that you took me up wrong.
Me upset!!
:sonlol:

I'm the one that posted the poll, not the one whining about it.

I get the banter stevee. If there's one thing I get about you, it's that your a gent and above the personal stuff.

The poll is strong. Long live the poll.

Looking forward to your new poll that you promised earlier.

Me upset!!
:sonlol:

I'm the one that posted the poll, not the one whining about it.

I get the banter stevee. If there's one thing I get about you, it's that your a gent and above the personal stuff.

The poll is strong. Long live the poll.

Looking forward to your new poll that you promised earlier.
Apologies, only it's twice you said I was whining (3, if you include this post)
:dierpochhug:

Just done it.

Should we cancel the contracts of our deadwood as Woolwich have done.

Apologies, only it's twice you said I was whining (3, if you include this post)
:dierpochhug:

Just done it.

Should we cancel the contracts of our deadwood as Woolwich have done.
Although I must say I love the way you interpreted the 40% who voted both as somehow voting pro ENIC

:levylol:

I'd have been proud of that little effort myself!

Back
Top Bottom