Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got told just now that it was his expectations around staffing levels and finances available are sticking points. Not told by anyone directly involved, but a step away. So could be utter shite.

Three pitch inspections for a match in a countries top division with said club having to hire pitch covers from the countries biggest side.

Kinda is a sad indictment of Scottish club football in my opinion.

Dundee v Motherwell to undergo third pitch inspection
The weather hasn’t even been that bad. They just didn’t cover the pitch to protect it.

Not sure if that’s lazy or stupid, as they do have a groundsman. Does show the difference in football up here and down there though. We have several hundred staff at Spurs and I’m pretty sure Dundee have 9. They run that place on 4 computers, I shit you not.

The weather hasn’t even been that bad. They just didn’t cover the pitch to protect it.

Not sure if that’s lazy or stupid, as they do have a groundsman. Does show the difference in football up here and down there though. We have several hundred staff at Spurs and I’m pretty sure Dundee have 9. They run that place on 4 computers, I shit you not.
Dundee could ground share with United stop being assholes

They really couldn’t. May be small time compared to the English top clubs, but the rivalries up here are every bit as strong. Even more so.
Probably hearts wouldnt ground share we Hibs , rangers definitely wouldn’t ground share we celtic 😆 no even the Angus clubs though Montrose , arbroath & Forfar it would make sense financially but they’re run properly so why should they? It’s the likes of Dundee (twice) Motherwell , Rangers that can’t handle their pennies

Probably hearts wouldnt ground share we Hibs , rangers definitely wouldn’t ground share we celtic 😆 no even the Angus clubs though Montrose , arbroath & Forfar it would make sense financially but they’re run properly so why should they? It’s the likes of Dundee (twice) Motherwell , Rangers that can’t handle their pennies
Dundee have basically given up on Dens Park until they accept their new stadium fantasy won’t happen. Rangers are just cheating cunts. Motherwell? No idea.

There’s not much of a pyramid in Scotland really, so it would make fiscal sense for a number of clubs to merge, but the supporters are extremely partisan, even at the very lower levels. Even the abuse slung at the opposition at Highland League level is a sight to behold.

Back
Top Bottom