Seattle Friendly on SAT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is something I brought up last season: has anyone noticed Fryers runs away from responsibility? When danger is brewing, he tends to trot into an area with no danger or runners and jog along with play?

He seems to be afraid of responsibility and it's a bad trait. It's a shame because if someone is bearing down on him and he has no choice but defend, he's not a bad player.

I don't know if he's just green when it comes to positioning but he seems to want nothing of the pressure aspect of the game. Seems like he's avoiding a situation that can make him look bad.

I cant be bothered to look through all the comments but I assume everyone else though Dawson was utter shite last night?

IMO the whole game was a microcosm of spurs B team in general.

Roses first touch was a hospital pass that resulted in an attack. Later he did his patented tap it into touch for no reason. Then he did a good challenge to keep him in the team.

Daws thinks he's Pirlo out of defence and was clumsy all game but put his body on the line.

Lennon disappeared\looked hungover.

Townsend over dribbled to nobody.

Soldado struggled to score in open play, had one good moment of being involved in a goal which failed then he scored a pen and raked his studs on some guy.

Kane progressed his general game and his potential grows.

Holtby was good in the final third, a liability deep and got shagged out after 30 mins.

Carroll continues to struggle to make a case for getting in the starting 11.

Naughton was poor, daydreaming when deuce should have scored.

The new kids did what they always do. Look great in the final third, don't score or assist and look like liabilities off the ball. Mason seemed to at least look like he had a general game and not just another tricksy ball juggler.

Lamela struggled for anything to cone off and when it did I don't think anyone expected a goal, but at least he didn't look injured.

Same goes for Kaboul. Even though he had a kaboom moment, he didn't look injured.

The game left me missing the World Cup boys along with ade and sandro. We were beasted too often.

It was good for lev I suppose. The game is getting a lot of press regarding how exciting it was and how well it was well attended. Marketing it was good. From a footballing point of view we didn't learn anything, and to be honest our team shape was all over the place.

Lennon, Townsend, holtby etc were cris crossing and god knows what Carroll was doing. It was hard to make out a shape.

He speaks english !

I love and appreciate the fact that he is trying to speak english, but I think it would be better if he could speak hes native language and express his ideas and opinion properly. Hearing about conditions and dificult and training will make for a long PL season. I want him to give something to the media, otherwise the papers will be full of made-up shit.

This was only a friendly, using several players who will probably not make the first team, can't say I attach a lot of importance to it. I remember having very successful pre-seasons but it means squat when the real action starts. I just hope we don't pick up any injuries to key players.

IMO the whole game was a microcosm of spurs B team in general.

Roses first touch was a hospital pass that resulted in an attack. Later he did his patented tap it into touch for no reason. Then he did a good challenge to keep him in the team.

Daws thinks he's Pirlo out of defence and was clumsy all game but put his body on the line.

Townsend over dribbled to nobody.

Soldado struggled to score in open play, had one good moment of being involved in a goal which failed then he scored a pen and raked his studs on some guy.

Kane progressed his general game and his potential grows.

Holtby was good in the final third, a liability deep and got shagged out after 30 mins.

Carroll continues to struggle to make a case for getting in the starting 11.

Naughton was poor, daydreaming when deuce should have scored.

The new kids did what they always do. Look great in the final third, don't score or assist and look like liabilities off the ball. Mason seemed to at least look like he had a general game and not just another tricksy ball juggler.

Lamela struggled for anything to cone off and when it did I don't think anyone expected a goal, but at least he didn't look injured.

Same goes for Kaboul. Even though he had a kaboom moment, he didn't look injured.

The game left me missing the World Cup boys along with ade and sandro. We were beasted too often.

It was good for lev I suppose. The game is getting a lot of press regarding how exciting it was and how well it was well attended. Marketing it was good. From a footballing point of view we didn't learn anything, and to be honest our team shape was all over the place.

Lennon, Townsend, holtby etc were cris crossing and god knows what Carroll was doing. It was hard to make out a shape.
This sums up the whole way I feel about the squad in a nutshell. I just about agreed with every word. How anyone can think we have a good squad is beyond me. 6th is apparently OK for some of our fans and that sums us up. Missing a leader, goal poacher, left back etc etc. Get spanked by Spam again and the wheels will fall off fast.

This sums up the whole way I feel about the squad in a nutshell. I just about agreed with every word. How anyone can think we have a good squad is beyond me. 6th is apparently OK for some of our fans and that sums us up. Missing a leader, goal poacher, left back etc etc. Get spanked by Spam again and the wheels will fall off fast.
Just a question, are you the new account of I8AVB I8AVB ?

That's the spirit mate.

If you write off the entire season based on one single game that wasn't taken particularly seriously you're off your rocker!

I have a distinct feeling that Poch told them to break up what they were working on based on the halves. The first half looked as if they were trying to create plays starting in the backfield and pushing forward. Whereas the second half they were trying to create the plays beginning at midfield. Now, I could be completely incorrect, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Lennon did exactly what I think he was instructed to do. He was constantly falling back to cover for the hole that was made by Rose pushing forward. There was actually a period when I saw Rose just walking back and I was about to freak out, but saw that the hole had already been plugged up. Did he play particularly well the rest of the time? No, but I'm not going to knock him just yet. FWIW at one point he had a decent run into the box, but had absolutely no one backing up at the time.

It's been mentioned before, but the AWFUL pitch had a lot to do with errors. That doesn't at all excuse Daws apparently forgetting which team he plays for.

Looking forward to Toronto.

If you write off the entire season based on one single game that wasn't taken particularly seriously you're off your rocker!

I have a distinct feeling that Poch told them to break up what they were working on based on the halves. The first half looked as if they were trying to create plays starting in the backfield and pushing forward. Whereas the second half they were trying to create the plays beginning at midfield. Now, I could be completely incorrect, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Lennon did exactly what I think he was instructed to do. He was constantly falling back to cover for the hole that was made by Rose pushing forward. There was actually a period when I saw Rose just walking back and I was about to freak out, but saw that the hole had already been plugged up. Did he play particularly well the rest of the time? No, but I'm not going to knock him just yet. FWIW at one point he had a decent run into the box, but had absolutely no one backing up at the time.

It's been mentioned before, but the AWFUL pitch had a lot to do with errors. That doesn't at all excuse Daws apparently forgetting which team he plays for.

Looking forward to Toronto.

You're ok man. Keep on keepin on.

Back
Top Bottom