Sell the lot, buy English youth?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zest

Qi Wallah
Who’s in? Aggressive sell off of anyone who is 23 or + and wants out or needs out attitude.

Discuss? I’d poll but can’t be fucked, just think we should and will feign interest in the odd reply to stroke my fragile ego!

If Poch is to succeed he will need a team of fit and willing under 23s who will run through the proverbial brick walls for him. A mix of young Brits and Johnny foreigners is fine by me

Forget it. This aint Southampton where top15 and ‘entertaining’ football will do. This club needs european football to stay on course for improvement. These days good under 23 players cost more than the odd 15mil.

Forget it. This aint Southampton where top15 and ‘entertaining’ football will do. This club needs european football to stay on course for improvement. These days good under 23 players cost more than the odd 15mil.
Not if they are ours and we get a scouting system in place where we can source good young players okay it’s not an overnight solution but in the long run it would be something we could look forward too entertaining players entertaining football.

I mean we can’t go all out on this, but we need a better balance. We let a good squad get old without properly selling and replacing.

We need to recognize this next time and admit we need to sell to succeed. It will mean the odd down year or two. But we can’t just copy the buy buy buy strategy of Chelsea/United/city, when they have far more resources.

I think it could be hard because of the "English tax" that always seems to be quoted when looking at these players, but the club could do a lot worse than focusing on being the club in the PL which focuses on English youth.

At our peak we had a good number of players on the English national team, it could have been a coincidence, but perhaps a way for Spurs to get talent that might not look at them.

I think Sancho and Bellingham had situations where they (Bellingham) or their club (Sancho) weren't looking at English clubs but those are two guys that we definitely should have been in for before they went to Dortmund.

Not if Baldy is paying .

He will sack Hitchen and replace him with that orange bloke on shitty antiques programs

Levy. Is he any good?
orange bloke No, but he is cheap as chips
Levy. Try and get another fiver off , but if you have to pay the full twenty quid

It's clear Englands youth has technically flourished in recent years, IMO, we should pick up every young kid we can in key areas up to £25M, and cycle the rest to foot the bill, attepmt 6 or so this summer, maybe two foreign and 4 of the best U23 English. Then another 2-4 the following window, if the squad still needs more running and youthful will.

I like the idea, but I won't reply because I'll be damned if I'm stroking anything of yours, especially not your ego.

Unless you pay me.

Key attributes, strong physique, good touch, quick players (of mind at least, best both, but no slow coaches). CHO for example if he wasn't from them lot, ones who may become Grealish, Bellingham, Sancho. We already have this model running (Sessegnon, Clark), but I want it amplified, with exceptional researching into backgrounds.

It's clear Englands youth has technically flourished in recent years, IMO, we should pick up every young kid we can in key areas up to £25M, and cycle the rest to foot the bill, attepmt 6 or so this summer, maybe two foreign and 4 of the best U23 English. Then another 2-4 the following window, if the squad still needs more running and youthful will.
Sadly a lot of them are already on Chelsea and Man City’s books

Bellinghams younger brother was supposedly the more technically accomplished of the two, according to a player who spoke to a former coach about him (think it was Savage). These guys.

The ones who've stayed home because they weren't ready to leave their area, but now are...

And/or monitor every big club up north, for families moving south, etc. Get deep into the shit...

I don’t see why being English should be a selection criteria.

Need a few for home growns obviously but we should be buying any kids who are good, why stick to English players?

Mentality and certainty of adaptability to lifestyle and culture. Also with a focus on young elite players worldwide, but it will buffer us, so when we get to phase two, we can just say the best from anywhere...

We seem to have scouts all over europe who rarely get it right, in these transference of skills and talent terms, so it surely helps if we narrow our focus and distraction of apples we can never pick anyway (yet Leicester are, so we need to move some on clearly!).

Mentality and certainty of adaptability to lifestyle and culture. Also with a focus on young elite players worldwide, but it will buffer us, so when we get to phase two, we can just say the best from anywhere...
I like the way you think.

Back
Top Bottom