Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you will find that you are the one with comprehension issues. I did not condemn the entire population of the US at all. I have visited the country on multiple occasions and know fine well that it is a wonderful place brimming with equally wonderful people. Like all countries it also has it's fair share of dickheads, you voted the best of them as your president. It is those people that get remembered and tarnish the reputation of the larger majority of normal people.
What I said was that you are one of those arrogant, big mouthed self opinionated gobshites that do so much to taint the view the world has of your country.
I base my understanding from having played the game for many years at a reasonable representative level, and have the benefit of 50 years of watching top flight football, amassing a great deal of information that assists me in recognising expertise in the sport, I'm not alone, there are millions of us. Your judgement of the player in question has been made a from a collection of data, some of which may be useful and generally, a large amount of specious nonsense, usually accompanied by equally vacuous pie charts, graphs and "heat maps."
The gullible and poorly educated Hoover this drivel up and think it a substitute for putting the time in to play, understand, watch and learn from seeing the game played by genuinely capable and talented players.
I dont presume to know more because you are a foreigner, I do so because you have been posting crap and trying to defend it without credible argument and a total lack of humility. We have enough twats of that nature on here as it is, we really dont need any more.
The guy with 12K messages on this forum calling people, "big mouthed, self-opinionated gobshites" is precious. No one gives a shit about what you think "we" need on this forum, "Mick".

The cognitive dissonance of an Irish guy posting on an English forum about foreigners is breathtaking. Shouldn't you be on a hurling forum or somesuch? Brexit means Brexit. Right?

Your long, dumb, rambling, emotional post complaining about a "self-opinionated" poster who's been presenting statistics, whilst talking about the "millions of us" who "know football because we've watched it for 50 years, amassing a 'great deal of information'."... hahahahaha... fuck me.

If I understand you correctly:

A Credible Argument
  • No stats, pie charts, graphs, data of any kind necessary.
  • 50 years and 50 beers of opinions because you have eyes.
It's unsurprising that a guy who has archaic opinions about culture, would also have archaic opinions about football.

The guy with 12K messages on this forum calling people, "big mouthed, self-opinionated gobshites" is precious. No one gives a shit about what you think "we" need on this forum, "Mick".

The cognitive dissonance of an Irish guy posting on an English forum about foreigners is breathtaking. Shouldn't you be on a hurling forum or somesuch? Brexit means Brexit. Right?

Your long, dumb, rambling, emotional post complaining about a "self-opinionated" poster who's been presenting statistics, whilst talking about the "millions of us" who "know football because we've watched it for 50 years, amassing a 'great deal of information'."... hahahahaha... fuck me.

If I understand you correctly:

A Credible Argument
  • No stats, pie charts, graphs, data of any kind necessary.
  • 50 years and 50 beers of opinions because you have eyes.
It's unsurprising that a guy who has archaic opinions about culture, would also have archaic opinions about football.
And you think people give a shit about what you think, do you?
Who is the Irish person BTW?
Was my post too long for you? poor you, did you get tired?
If you see no value in a large amount of accumulated knowledge, over a lengthy period of observation then I'd say that sums you up for the horses arse that you have already come across as.
Football is a sport played by humans not a science determined by computers, and only a moron would think otherwise.
There has been no cognitive dissonance in my posts, they have been entirely consistent with my beliefs, and your facile remarks about my nationality and Brexit show that the one displaying cognitive dissonance is you. If you dont understand the big words princess, try using smaller ones that you can bank on. You erode any credibility - wait, skip that!
You haven't built any up to erode.
What the fuck do you understand about culture, the only culture you could muster would be in a petri dish.
12k messages in 7+ years, trust me that's fuck all around here.

Back in your cellar. I'm sure you can find another sport to have a stat attack over, and then "educate everyone" with your superior knowledge. Try cricket.

And you think people give a shit about what you think, do you?
Who is the Irish person BTW?
Was my post too long for you? poor you, did you get tired?
If you see no value in a large amount of accumulated knowledge, over a lengthy period of observation then I'd say that sums you up for the horses arse that you have already come across as.
Football is a sport played by humans not a science determined by computers, and only a moron would think otherwise.
There has been no cognitive dissonance in my posts, they have been entirely consistent with my beliefs, and your facile remarks about my nationality and Brexit show that the one displaying cognitive dissonance is you. If you dont understand the big words princess, try using smaller ones that you can bank on. You erode any credibility - wait, skip that!
You haven't built any up to erode.
What the fuck do you understand about culture, the only culture you could muster would be in a petri dish.
12k messages in 7+ years, trust me that's fuck all around here.

Back in your cellar. I'm sure you can find another sport to have a stat attack over, and then "educate everyone" with your superior knowledge. Try cricket.
I'm sure (as an Irishman), that you're aware of the etymology of "Mick".

It's absolutely adorable that you reckon you have garnered up some quantified amount of "credibility" on this forum via 7 years of bad takes, bad jokes and verbal diarrhea.

I've been around this planet, this sport and this forum for nearly as long as you have, and I've learned it's wiser to judge people on the things they have control over (beliefs, opinions, knowledge, actions) than the things they don't (age, nationality), but it's even wiser to not argue with fucking imbeciles.

It's absolutely adorable that you reckon you have garnered up some quantified amount of "credibility" on this forum via 7 years of bad takes, bad jokes and verbal diarrhea.

I've been around this planet, this sport and this forum for nearly as long as you have, and I've learned it's wiser to judge people on the things they have control over (beliefs, opinions, knowledge, actions) than the things they don't (age, nationality), but it's even wiser to not argue with fucking imbeciles.
I'm not Irish, certainly not full blooded. Im English.
Good advice. I will stop arguing/debating with you, as they say - you idiots drag us down to your level and then beat us on experience.
I made no claim to to have credibility with anyone, I neither seek approval nor court compliments, I just despair of bozo's that think sports can be analysed to prove a participant's worth through statistics. Theres only one place to prove anything and that's on a pitch.
I'm guessing you're one of the board "perennially banned" up on another alias. Like I said, there are enough wankers on here already.
Into the shit pile with the rest of them you go.
Byee

What abuse?
Observation now becomes abuse does it?
Such a sensitive soul.

Maybe you wouldnt get your nose put out of joint, if you didnt poke it into everything

Not talking about me receiving abuse, thicko! That wasn't what I was responding to... I'm talking about you wading in and laying into that other fella Château NoHo Château NoHo ; cunting him off for being American, and having a different view on how to asses players. He was reasonably polite to you but you persisted in calling him an idiot and going full flame without provocation.

It was all pretty nasty and uncalled for tbh. Not at all befitting of the image you repeatedly try to claim for yourself.....

Last edited:
Not talking about me receiving abuse, thicko! That wasn't what I was responding to... I'm talking about you wading in a laying into that other fella Château NoHo Château NoHo ; cunting him of for being American, and having a different view on how to asses players. He was reasonably polite to you but you persisted in calling him an idiot and going full flame without provocation.

It was all pretty nasty and uncalled for tbh. Not at all befitting of the imagine you repeatedly try to claim for yourself.....
Thicko, nice.
Criticises me for defending myself against repeated accusations of stupidity by said poster, then uses the same tactic.
The guy was being a patronising arse using unsubstantiated "stats" to prove that Aurier is a good defender. Think about that for a second or two. Aurier is a liability and a core part of the reason our defence is in tatters.

Whether he's an american or not, he was being a twat.

And you are a sanctimonious bore. Everyone is in line for your disdain and disapprobation as you saunter around the board offering unwanted advice or opinions. Well, you have to accept that you're not everyone's cup of tea either.

*diarrhoea

This is an English Forum

Tomatoes
Humour etc

Now listen to Uncle Mick

get rid of aurier and bring back kwp after the way he played against man city
Thank fuck your not our manager
Has 1 good game and now he's our starting RB ha ha
There's a reason he's at Southampton , he's not good enough for Spurs and he's had chances at the start of the season where he was bang avearge
BTW Aurier is shit . Just want both of them gone and two new RB'S

Thicko, nice.
Criticises me for defending myself against repeated accusations of stupidity by said poster, then uses the same tactic.
The guy was being a patronising arse using unsubstantiated "stats" to prove that Aurier is a good defender. Think about that for a second or two. Aurier is a liability and a core part of the reason our defence is in tatters.

Whether he's an american or not, he was being a twat.

And you are a sanctimonious bore. Everyone is in line for your disdain and disapprobation as you saunter around the board offering unwanted advice or opinions. Well, you have to accept that you're not everyone's cup of tea either.

Believe it or not, I'm both well aware of this and entirely comfortable with it too.... And yes, I probably spend to much time posting here too just in case there's anything you forgot to note.

Point is, unlike yourself, I'm not pretending to be anything I'm not... I'm just getting a kick out of watching your hypocricy in motion having been on the receiving end of an unprovoked telling off from you not too long ago.

Choo!! Choo!! :)

Last edited:
Thank fuck your not our manager
Has 1 good game and now he's our starting RB ha ha
There's a reason he's at Southampton , he's not good enough for Spurs and he's had chances at the start of the season where he was bang avearge
BTW Aurier is shit . Just want both of them gone and two new RB'S

Unloaded question:

KWP or Aarons for 30m?

Back
Top Bottom