Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We do not know what happened but despite Aurier not tracking Mane, lloris or Dier should have dealt with it. Now if Aurier is always called out for mistakes, are Lloris and Dier called out as well. If not then Aurier getting annoyed is more understandable. I consider all 3 partly at fault but if any one is mostly to blame it is Lloris who should be in charge of the goal area. Lloris should either say Mine or clear it to Dier or words to that effect. They have played together for long enough for communication to be better. I do not agree with the commentator that suggested he would lose a tooth as if Lloris verbally claimed it Dier would back off and Firmino was behind Dier.
I have a slightly different take on it.

Yes, all 3 are to blame and Lloris should have done better and commanded the 6 yard box, but................

If Lloris didn't call for it (and I don't believe he did) then Dier HAS to take responsibility.
If he doesn't hear a shout from Lloris calling for it, then he should put his foot through it,
If he doesn't hear a shout of any kind, he should put his foot through it.
If he hears a shout of "away" then he should put his foot through it.

Obviously the communication, from Lloris, wasn't there, but that doesn't absolve Dier from taking some responsibility and action.

We do not know what happened but despite Aurier not tracking Mane, lloris or Dier should have dealt with it. Now if Aurier is always called out for mistakes, are Lloris and Dier called out as well. If not then Aurier getting annoyed is more understandable. I consider all 3 partly at fault but if any one is mostly to blame it is Lloris who should be in charge of the goal area. Lloris should either say Mine or clear it to Dier or words to that effect. They have played together for long enough for communication to be better. I do not agree with the commentator that suggested he would lose a tooth as if Lloris verbally claimed it Dier would back off and Firmino was behind Dier.
Against Leicester, Mourinho defended Aurier to the press while taking shots at the other defenders, so the idea that Aurier was being repeatedly scapegoated is not true.

I have a slightly different take on it.

Yes, all 3 are to blame and Lloris should have done better and commanded the 6 yard box, but................

If Lloris didn't call for it (and I don't believe he did) then Dier HAS to take responsibility.
If he doesn't hear a shout from Lloris calling for it, then he should put his foot through it,
If he doesn't hear a shout of any kind, he should put his foot through it.
If he hears a shout of "away" then he should put his foot through it.

Obviously the communication, from Lloris, wasn't there, but that doesn't absolve Dier from taking some responsibility and action.
Pretty sure Dier called Hugo to deal with it. There was a shout of Away, but he's hardly going to swing at it right in front of the net tbh...

...although the point remains that if Serge wasn't so flat footed and didn't let his man go (lol@Robertson bollocks), the ball wouldn't have got there in the first place.

It was quite clear Mane was their most dangerous player in the first half. Aurier was at the heart of it, once the ball comes across, Lloris has to take charge. He was poor for the one he parried out too IMO.

Not Hugo's best game at all.

What an absolute pile of crap.

The idea that a black player cannot be criticized now without somebody coming in crying about racism is pathetic and demeaning to the player.

Aurier made a mistake and has rightly been called out for it, just like plenty of other white, and asian, players on Spurs have all season and every season before this.
No mate this is different. Whenever he plays well he doesn't get anywhere near the praise that he gets when he makes a mistake.

Some players we seem to love, look at Lamela he's done fuck all for almost near a decade but he gets stuck in at a Derby and is a bit of a shit to opposition so he gets praised.

I feel like Aurier just needs to be a bit loved and he would excel further than he has since being here.

Nah there's something not right with this Aurier hate and I know a portion of our fans are racist. Negative voices sometimes stand out more than positive. I'm a fan mate whole life, we're not a racist club nor am I saying we are but there's sections I've had my eyes opened to in 2020.

I'm not getting anymore into this just leave it at this but something isn't right with this Aurier hate and despite cutting out a lot of his errors he was showing when first arriving, in not sure what else he can do. He's a quality player for me and a good commanding CB sorts him out for me.

Again, Lloris and Dier were at fault for that goal and its caused a massive issue clearly as he's dropped today.

He lost Mane not just once but repeatedly, and it is not just his mistakes but boneheaded plays that could kill us in a game (e.g. the Leicester penalty). Add the unexplainable stuff like his stamp on Alaba, and I simply see him as a time bomb that is not worth it.

I dont see the reason why we need to bear with it when its not like he is the best RB in the world. There are many other RBs that are as good (or even better) but dont come with the baggage.
He played well in closing Mane out previously, this time Mane got the better of him few times, this is football mate it happens. Mane is one of the best attackers in the world right now, it's not as simple as 'he lost his man' as a CB you prepare for this and double up. Dier in no man's land for cross then fails to take command and clear. Hugo fail to take command. Easy tap in.

Aurier lost his man so the cross came in, that's not a bloody goal man.

He's a good RB and you will be surprised, as we were when Trippier left, RB is not so easy to fill. He's a good RB we could get better but if they aren't from Premier league they will always be risky same way aurier was.

No mate this is different. Whenever he plays well he doesn't get anywhere near the praise that he gets when he makes a mistake.

Some players we seem to love, look at Lamela he's done fuck all for almost near a decade but he gets stuck in at a Derby and is a bit of a shit to opposition so he gets praised.

I feel like Aurier just needs to be a bit loved and he would excel further than he has since being here.

Nah there's something not right with this Aurier hate and I know a portion of our fans are racist. Negative voices sometimes stand out more than positive. I'm a fan mate whole life, we're not a racist club nor am I saying we are but there's sections I've had my eyes opened to in 2020.

I'm not getting anymore into this just leave it at this but something isn't right with this Aurier hate and despite cutting out a lot of his errors he was showing when first arriving, in not sure what else he can do. He's a quality player for me and a good commanding CB sorts him out for me.

Again, Lloris and Dier were at fault for that goal and its caused a massive issue clearly as he's dropped today.

That is absolute garbage.

So out of all our minority players it is Aurier that everyone decides to be racist against?

While having, in your words, another minority in Lamela getting tons of praise and another minority in Son winning player of year voted by fans?

So this is a selective racist group that is cool with some minorities but not others? And fine with other black players but not Aurier?

It seems when you actually look at facts that race has little to do with it and plenty of white players get criticism and plenty of black players do not.

You are looking for something that clearly is not there and not provided one single piece of evidence to prove it is anywhere close to being true.

Absolute horseshit!! Typical of this day and age for criticism to be turned into racism. Every club has their players that fans love for no explainable reason. Also players they dont like too. Ledley king is black!! We really hate him dont we. Moussa dembele, wanyama, tanguy have all got the love. And criticism when warranted too. Nothing fucking racist about it.
Aurier got plenty of praise for playing after his brother died.
But he switches off on a regular basis. Too much at this level. And costs us games. Are we not allowed say anything because of the colour of his skin. Matt doherty gets plenty of abuse. Is it because hes irish?? No hes playing shite

I dunno about racism but I agree, on his good days he‘s really good.

You must be reading Windy's shit on Twitter if you really think Aurier getting shit is due to race. Winks receives more hate than Aurier, Dier receives a lot, Doherty is starting to, Davies has for years, Eriksen was hated at the end. Trying to say Aurier gets his worse because of his race is a poor excuse and a poor way to try looking "woke"

Aurier was praised a lot on this forum earlier in the season when he was playing well. The problem with Aurier is his good stretches do not last long and usually end with him doing something stupid like that Leicester penalty or like walking out at HT in one of our biggest matches of the season.

For all the people trying to say Sanchez and Aurier get it worse because of race, please explain Winks and Dier? They receive just as much negative attention.

He played well in closing Mane out previously, this time Mane got the better of him few times, this is football mate it happens. Mane is one of the best attackers in the world right now, it's not as simple as 'he lost his man' as a CB you prepare for this and double up. Dier in no man's land for cross then fails to take command and clear. Hugo fail to take command. Easy tap in.

Aurier lost his man so the cross came in, that's not a bloody goal man.

He's a good RB and you will be surprised, as we were when Trippier left, RB is not so easy to fill. He's a good RB we could get better but if they aren't from Premier league they will always be risky same way aurier was.
He is a good RB and Balotelli is a good footballer!

What you have between your ears matters, and that is football!

You must be reading Windy's shit on Twitter if you really think Aurier getting shit is due to race. Winks receives more hate than Aurier, Dier receives a lot, Doherty is starting to, Davies has for years, Eriksen was hated at the end. Trying to say Aurier gets his worse because of his race is a poor excuse and a poor way to try looking "woke"

Aurier was praised a lot on this forum earlier in the season when he was playing well. The problem with Aurier is his good stretches do not last long and usually end with him doing something stupid like that Leicester penalty or like walking out at HT in one of our biggest matches of the season.

For all the people trying to say Sanchez and Aurier get it worse because of race, please explain Winks and Dier? They receive just as much negative attention.
you know what sort of people make an issue out of race when there isnt one? racists!

Back
Top Bottom