Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham are planning to offload Serge Aurier this summer. The right-back, 27, enters the final 12 months of his contract in the summer and the club are keen to avoid him running it down and leaving on a potential free.

Jose Mourinho has started Aurier regularly during his 18 months at the helm but the coaching staff are said to regard him as “uncoachable”.

Now in his fourth season at Tottenham, Aurier has failed to eradicate the erratic tackling and positioning that has been a feature of his time at the club.

He came close to leaving Tottenham in a number of previous windows.

Tottenham are planning to offload Serge Aurier this summer. The right-back, 27, enters the final 12 months of his contract in the summer and the club are keen to avoid him running it down and leaving on a potential free.

Jose Mourinho has started Aurier regularly during his 18 months at the helm but the coaching staff are said to regard him as “uncoachable”.

Now in his fourth season at Tottenham, Aurier has failed to eradicate the erratic tackling and positioning that has been a feature of his time at the club.

Not sure what to think about this.

He does have 1yr left. I think he could be upgraded but there are more pressing issues perhaps the best thing is to extend his contract for 1 or 2 more seasons and sell him in Summer 2022.

I'd much rather see Doherty leave before Aurier but we do need improvements at RB still I believe

If we sell him we'd better have someone decent lined up to replace him. Aurier may not be the best, but he's definitely better than Doherty.

How the fuck did it take them nearly 4 years to work that out?

Not sure what to think about this.

He does have 1yr left. I think he could be upgraded but there are more pressing issues perhaps the best thing is to extend his contract for 1 or 2 more seasons and sell him in Summer 2022.

I'd much rather see Doherty leave before Aurier but we do need improvements at RB still I believe
I'm sure that Aurier wanted to leave last summer from reports going around but no one matched the valuation.
Hopefully we can still get around 15M for him in the summer but like you said would rather he be the last RB out.

I'm sure that Aurier wanted to leave last summer from reports going around but no one matched the valuation.
Hopefully we can still get around 15M for him in the summer but like you said would rather he be the last RB out.
Yep. I mean if we can get a good fee for him and we're looking at a replacement sure.

But if we are left with Doherty , Tanganga and idk even Foyth then we've just weakened that position significantly.

If we don't want to replace Aurier then don't sell him and just extend his contract by 1-2 yrs.

Yep. I mean if we can get a good fee for him and we're looking at a replacement sure.

But if we are left with Doherty , Tanganga and idk even Foyth then we've just weakened that position significantly.

If we don't want to replace Aurier then don't sell him and just extend his contract by 1-2 yrs.
Very much doubt if he wants out like it is rumoured.

The guy is our clear 1st choice RB by what feels like miles. He'll still commit errors but they are way les frequent lately.

We're a better side when he's in and if he goes then we definitely need a replacement. I don't hate the idea of selling him as he's 27, but we need a replacement lined up. Dohertey ain't it.

If we sell him we'd better have someone decent lined up to replace him. Aurier may not be the best, but he's definitely better than Doherty.
Agree, and I’m actually amazed we manage to sign a worse player than Aurier. To be fair, Aurier has played fairly well under Jose most of the time vs shitting the bed weekly under Poch

Back
Top Bottom