Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we replace him with £12m though, we can't be stuck with Doherty.
I never want to see Doggerty the gooner again. Was told Aarons is keen and there's a fair bit of good will with Norwich over not recalling Skipp. But we need two RB and two CB minimum. Recall Sessingnon and the we need an actual footballer in midfield because I'd not be supprised if Skipp displaced Hoijberge and we were still looking for a player to help us actually play football under an attacking coach.

bUWlCUJ.jpg

Do people care about this stuff? I don't. Wasn't Defo a gooner? Didn't Bergkamp support Spurs or at least love Hoddle?

I find it funny when gooners post that Kane pic in a woolwich shirt! I find it funny! look at what they lost! he scored so many goals against them! they can post that photo all they want!

I never want to see Doggerty the gooner again. Was told Aarons is keen and there's a fair bit of good will with Norwich over not recalling Skipp. But we need two RB and two CB minimum. Recall Sessingnon and the we need an actual footballer in midfield because I'd not be supprised if Skipp displaced Hoijberge and we were still looking for a player to help us actually play football under an attacking coach.

Aaron's would be a decent buy, I think, but I am slightly concerned about just how many players we need to strengthen the defence. Like you say we need at least 4 players plus potentially a keeper which is a lot in one or two windows. I'm worried that Levy goes for the scattergun approach gambling on cheap options hoping they come good.
The football has been poor this year with Mourinho playing to protect the defence and I really don't think I can cope with another season of that. If we can get some defenders he trusts we hopefully can play more attacking football and not throw away points with silly mistakes.

Aaron's would be a decent buy, I think, but I am slightly concerned about just how many players we need to strengthen the defence. Like you say we need at least 4 players plus potentially a keeper which is a lot in one or two windows. I'm worried that Levy goes for the scattergun approach gambling on cheap options hoping they come good.
The football has been poor this year with Mourinho playing to protect the defence and I really don't think I can cope with another season of that. If we can get some defenders he trusts we hopefully can play more attacking football and not throw away points with silly mistakes.
Ok with scattergun, go and sign the best four defenders in the Chamionsho and start releasing players like Doherty, Davies, Dier on free transfers

Ok with scattergun, go and sign the best four defenders in the Chamionsho and start releasing players like Doherty, Davies, Dier on free transfers

I don't see how that benefits us to be honest, not unless we're aiming for the players with Championship experience to take us into the Championship. We should be looking to upgrade the squad, not downgrade.
One or two punts may be worth thinking about long term if they're well scouted choices, but we to balance those with experienced players who can handle the Premiership and Europe. The trouble is history and experience show us that our scouting system is poor and Levy's scattergun approach doesn't work.

Oh Mandy Mandy , why do you have to press the disagree button and ruin my stats, I get enough of that in the Off Topic section.

Next time, do me a favour and write a reply to say I disagree, OK?

Ah, I'm sorry. My reply would have just repeated what I'd already said. I didn't want to derail a player thread with the same discussions that are already ongoing elsewhere, it's not really relevant to Serge.

Back
Top Bottom