Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham are planning to offload Serge Aurier this summer. The right-back, 27, enters the final 12 months of his contract in the summer and the club are keen to avoid him running it down and leaving on a potential free.

Jose Mourinho has started Aurier regularly during his 18 months at the helm but the coaching staff are said to regard him as “uncoachable”.

Now in his fourth season at Tottenham, Aurier has failed to eradicate the erratic tackling and positioning that has been a feature of his time at the club.

He came close to leaving Tottenham in a number of previous windows.

A lot of his mistakes including giving away FK's in a dangerous position seem to happen late in the match. Does he make the mistakes because he is tired.

Free kicks are given away late in matches in every single game. Opponents get desperate and fling themselves to the floor for one last attack.

You know by watching Spurs most of the free kicks given away late in games aren't free kicks. Remember the Hojbjerg one against Newcastle that eventually lead to the goal?

You are dismissing his bad games and putting on rose tinted specs. He’s one of the most inconsistent players I’ve seen, when he’s bad - he’s v bad

when he’s playing well I agree but the poor games are not down to injury, or lack of form... you just never know when he’s going to shit the bed and have a roll around in it.
No I'm really not. I watch a lot of football sadly no longer live. I watch most Europe leagues a bit of South America. I'm starting to think its something to do with the way modern football had gone. High press high intensity, its made fullback incredibly central to the stability of sides. They are nearly ALL like Aurier, its not injury certainly. TAA is a great example he has way more in common with Aurier than folk who don't watch him think. Only with sensational delivery but he has brain farts too. The point I'm making is NOT don't change Serge its that upgrade is way harder than folk think. Id love a young version of Vedran Corluka. But modern fullbacks have all become Walker/Aurier.

Last edited:
No I'm really not. I watch a lot of football sadly no longer live. I watch most Europe leagues a bit of South America. I'm starting to think its something to do with the way modern football had gone. High press high intensity, its made fullback incredibly central to the stability of sides. They are nearly ALL like Aurier, its not injury certainly. TAA is a great example he has way more in common with Aurier than folk who don't watch him think. Only with sensational delivery but he has brain facts too. The point I'm making is NOT don't change Serge its that upgrade is way harder than folk think. Id love a young version of Vedran Corluka. But modern fullbacks have all become Walker/Aurier.
Haha fairnpoint. Corluka one of my fave players

According to French media PSG are looking to bring him back in the summer. With Poch apparently keen to work with him again.

Based on how little Poch seemed to trust Serge when here I think it's probably more truth in the PSG keen to bring him back bit rather than the latter part.

Reported price 12 mil.

According to French media PSG are looking to bring him back in the summer. With Poch apparently keen to work with him again.

Based on how little Poch seemed to trust Serge when here I think it's probably more truth in the PSG keen to bring him back bit rather than the latter part.

Reported price 12 mil.
Double transfer of Serge and Hugo to psg?
Got to take it as only 1 year left and we need the money to buy.

Back
Top Bottom