Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm... if you need signs that we live in messed up times in 2020&2021, then here is another proof -

I am waiting Serge Aurier back into the starting XI ! :D
Yes, me calling for Aurier to start. While across 301 pages in this thread, I might have written the most negative post about him as football player :D

I mean if we look at this season he has surprised me a lot! He has been so-so decent, barring 1 absolute brainfart in Leicester game. And looking at other displays he has put in, I am willing to look past it, however stupid it might have been.

Also, I guess it is down to our alternatives. Not like we have anyone superb to put into this position, do we. Doherty has been a mess. Tanganga did not have a good game against Wycombe (so confidence most likely the main issue), Sissoko is just not RB + against Chelsea we actually might need him in midfield.

Liverpool (2-1), 1st deflected goal came off Aurier to Salah who hit his shot off Dier when Curtis Jones got the better of him. Can you guess who gave away the corner on 90 mins that they scored the winner from?

Leceister...who gave away the crucial 1st goal with a fucking stupid penalty? Palace...who gave away the free kick that led to the ball in that brought their equaliser? Then we have Thursday's incident where he loses his man, then he's on arguing with random fan accounts on Instagram talking about him, utter clown.

Aye, but the new guy Doherty's the cunt, give Serge a new contract so he can do his funny dancing on social media. Hilarious tbh.

Really hope Jose is the manager to eventually get him to fuck right off tbh...and the point about the stories in the media point to the fact that he's likely still as much of a liability off the pitch as he is on it.
Only a complete idiot would whine about a player giving a corner or freekick or who a ball defleted off but then be completely fine with who made the actual mistake for the goal. Oh its mercurial again, the most wellknown idiot of the forum. Life goes on.

2021%2f2%2fTackleQuad.jpg

Disastrous sale from us, considering we bought Doherty.

Almost as bad as purchasing Dav for 40+ million!

Disastrous sale?

KWP sucks. The only thing having him here does is slightly increase our HG quota but other than that it makes us worse at RB and hurts us defensively.

Disastrous sale?

KWP sucks. The only thing having him here does is slightly increase our HG quota but other than that it makes us worse at RB and hurts us defensively.
He's more consistent than Doherty while offering a bit less going forward. Doherty isn't doing much of the latter so it doesn't really matter!

He's just fine as a backup RB to challenge Aurier had we actually given him the field.

He seems to like Mourinho:

What's good with him and what makes him a good coach it's that he has a group and he tries to create a nice atmosphere in it," he said.

"Me, like you, I heard what people said from the outside but it's not the same person that I see here.

"I also think with the sabbatical year he took,he questions his methods. We are all humans, so questioning yourself is not bad.

"Maybe he managed to erase his flaws. Today, regarding what I heard about him before, he is not the same coach any more.

"He is a bit more with the players and he hangs out a bit more with the players and I like that."

No thanks.

He is not as bad as he was last year and the year before but still has so many moments of stupidity and loves hitting the opposition with crosses.

Hopefully he still wants to go to Europe and their are teams out there fooled into thinking he is good.

Would be nice to bring in a younger player that can be here for the next 5+ years so we aren't continually looking for RB's like we have been and will be doing if we re-sign Aurier.

Would love him to sign a new contract tbh.

Even if it's just an extra year. Sell Doherty in the summer and bring in a young up and coming right back to compete with Serge

Back
Top Bottom