Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't realise the PC brigade were out in full force today?
So because he is a black coloured person I cannot refer to him as a beast?
By the way I meant this as a compliment, nothing racist or sinister was meant by it, its the fact that he is a unit, he is fast, he isn't afraid to go in for a tackle,has fuck all to do with the colour of his skin, so I find it quite shocking for you to assume as such, i have also in the past referred to Dier as a beast as well and Jan and Toby, I guess that is allowed though because they are all white?
:dembelefingers:
Chill out sweetheart. I wasn't talking about you, nor was I talking about any one person. More that the narrative everywhere these days, especially in the media, is a muscly black geeza is referred to as a beast or ''pace and power'' and are limited to said attributes.

Top 5: Footballing beasts (1)

Have a look at that. Notice anything?

There is a lot more to Aurier than ''beastly'' attributes. He's a clever and technically gifted footballer.

It's not PC to notice something and anyone that brings up the ''PC brigade'' normally is saying something questionable fyi. I didn't even see your post, I was responding to Claude, who himself referenced the whole site.

Last edited:
He didn't look that clever to me to be honest, he looked like I was controlling him on Fifa... Great athlete maybe but I was wishing KWP was on there... He's obviously got class though hence the hype and I'm sure he'll come good.

His athleticism is beyond his ability. Someone earlier compared him to a younger KW or Rose. That was right only I feel may develop a better player. ive never seen a player with muscles on his head .

NmpCG
UZaPUUY_d.jpg

Didn't realise the PC brigade were out in full force today?
So because he is a black coloured person I cannot refer to him as a beast?
By the way I meant this as a compliment, nothing racist or sinister was meant by it, its the fact that he is a unit, he is fast, he isn't afraid to go in for a tackle,has fuck all to do with the colour of his skin, so I find it quite shocking for you to assume as such, i have also in the past referred to Dier as a beast as well and Jan and Toby, I guess that is allowed though because they are all white?
:dembelefingers:
Ah yeah backtrack

Lol, the racial motives being brought into this are pathetic.

We use to call Sandro a Beast and he's not black, yet all of a suddenly it's a purely racial term? Ridiculous.

Lol, the racial motives being brought into this are pathetic.

We use to call Sandro a Beast and he's not black, yet all of a suddenly it's a purely racial term? Ridiculous.
The PC brigade take offence at anything these days - it's becoming ridiculous

Keep playing the race card - you'll get far in life
Interesting that you aren't even willing to entertain the conversation and any attempt to do so is the ''PC Brigade playing the race card''. The fact is, it's been noticed by quite a few people that certain stereotypes are propagated in the media and on the wider footballing spectrum. But you just want to shut it down with your bullshit. Not that I expect better from you considering your attitude towards other people of colour.

EDIT - It's a debate already being had by journos on Twitter and by fans at large. This wasn't just started today about Serge Aurier.

Last edited:
Jamie Redknapp is the biggest culprit for this bullshit. But then, look who his Dad is. I've seen him describe Dembele in that exact way on one hand then describe Noble on the other as an intelligent little player. The way he went at Aurier at the weekend was bollocks and his smug affirmation pissed me right off.

Souness spouts it every weekend.

Last edited:
Genuinely don't see what colour has to do with it. Plenty of white players are "beasts" too.
I'd be worried if I placed any association with the word to a player of any colour, rather than an exclamation of how strong they were or how well they were playing. If it's racist or stereotyping in any way, I wonder how the black players all felt when Poch treated them all to a slap up dinner last week at....Beast restaurant?

We should all be quick to stamp on racism/stereotyping, but it does get to a point where it becomes silly & over sensitive.

Describing a player as a beast has zero negative connotations to it imo- Whatever the colour of the players skin.

Back
Top Bottom