Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe people talk about Lukakus/Drogba's "beast" attributes more as it's just clearer to see than technique?

A player such as the two above can demonstrate these attributes many times throughout a game, but usually a player only has like 2-4 shots per game to demonstrate "finishing" ability, which is a much harder thing to judge and perceive.
Maybe.

Looked tired last night. Got done once or twice for pace. I think he will benefit from more time to learn his role and he seems a little confused at times.
It is very hot and humid. Also he's had no more season
Someone said Kane looks lethargic, words to that effect, last night.
I'm not surprised .

I loved Walker, but Aurier has such a better football brain, and is a better footballer.
Is comfortable with his left foot too.

It is very hot and humid. Also he's had no more season
Someone said Kane looks lethargic, words to that effect, last night.
I'm not surprised .

I loved Walker, but Aurier has such a better football brain, and is a better footballer.
Is comfortable with his left foot too.

Yes I was shouting for Llorente to come on. He looked shagged, didn't appreciate the climate TBH. Think the hammers game also took a lot out of the core. These boys need a rest

''A monster of a midfielder''

It appears it isn't just me overthinking it. Plenty others, on huge platforms are noticing a certain lexicon being used on certain players.

Confirmation bias - if you look for a pattern you'll find it everywhere. If you only looked for white players referred to as beasts or monsters, I think you would find it more often than you might imagine.

''A monster of a midfielder''

It appears it isn't just me overthinking it. Plenty others, on huge platforms are noticing a certain lexicon being used on certain players.

Pace and Power. Every time a black player gets the ball. Latino gets the ball and its Skill and Intelligence.

English player gets the ball...
suprised-man-with-binoculars_1149-1721.jpg

Back
Top Bottom