Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet ive played a higher level than you. So pipe down. I also played full back. So I kinda know what Im talking about here. Its a daft tackle he didnt have to make. You can defend without putting a foot in.
Girls football doesn't count. If you think that qualifies as a tackle you're a pussy.

It's a ridiculously soft free-kick and i'll bet you most footballers who have played the game agree. Even Serge laughs at the referee giving it because he knows it's a joke decision.

Girls football doesn't count. If you think that qualifies as a tackle you're a pussy.

It's a ridiculously soft free-kick and i'll bet you most footballers who have played the game agree. Even Serge laughs at the referee giving it because he knows it's a joke decision.

Doesnt matter what anyone thinks. In the rules of the game its a free kick. It might be a soft free kick, but its a free kick all the same. And one that could have been easily avoided by anyone but Serge.

Even if it is a soft free kick there is zero reason to even give the chance for a free kick there the ball was going out. If Serge just stays back like he should, or better yet control the ball and not give it away like he did, then the chance for a free kick is zero. Instead like he always does he needlessly goes in and puts his leg in a spot in which the ref can think it is a free kick.

Just when you think he may have turned the corner he reminds you of how dumb of a footballer he is.

He is just brainless and not able to understand the occasion as far as when he shouldn’t do certain things. Giving away soft fouls in those areas or making mistakes in those areas that end up costing us has happened far too often.

Surely, with Jose saying over and over again that they are strong in set pieces means that we don’t give away free kicks in those types of areas.

Probably too late in his career for him to change fundamentals, but he's pacey enough that if he just holds off a bit and not dive in or hack away at the attacker, he could improve his defensive game. I think he's definitely a plus as an attacking fullback but we know his deficiencies at the back, which haven't changed unfortunately.

The free kick for the third goal was a bit soft but Aurier won possession, then switched off and allowed Snodgrass to pinch the ball back then the foul was given when he tried to put in a challenge and win the ball back.
Both he and Sanchez are always prone to these types of brain freeze moments and it will always cost goals and games.
I know they are both whipping boys but I’m just being honest.
NB : For what it’s worth I haven’t watched the highlights on MOTD2 yet so if my recollection of the incident leading to the third goal isn’t accurate apologies in advance.

Initially I thought it wasn't a free kick but having watched it again a few times I can see why the ref gave it. Soft but there was contact unfortunately.

Snodgrass grabs Auriers arm and falls to the ground. It isn't a free kick at all.

Even so, Winks should be whacking it clear regardless.

Serge won possession then lost it. He does it all the time. At least once a game he will win the ball in his corner then faff around inviting trouble. It’s 3-2 the 94th minute and you just won the ball in our half. KICK THE BALL AWAY! It’s not hard.

Snodgrass grabs Auriers arm and falls to the ground. It isn't a free kick at all.

Even so, Winks should be whacking it clear regardless.
Nah mate unfortunately one of Auriers legs makes the slightest of contact. Trust me at first I thought it was definitely not a free kick and its still soft but I can now see why it was given. Was nothing like the bullshit free kick that was given against Newcastle.

That being said the abuse he is getting on here is a joke.

sissoko and sanchez are the ones who did the mistakes you can't blame aurier for a foul that could of gone either way he didn't do much wrong through the rest of game.

Back
Top Bottom