Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slippy slide aside, I loved what I saw from him last night. Particularly his calmness on the ball. I've spoken before about the sense of panic I see in our defenders at times - they hoof things when in plenty of space just because we're close to our goal. Reggie seems to have a calm head - aware of time and space around him, keeps calm, head up and tries to play it out to keep possession.

I think he played very good last night. You could tell he was a little too excited with his sliding tackles so hopefully Mourinho tells him to calm down a bit which I’m sure he will. He’s very fast. He kept up with Werner in a sprint and I think I remember reading that Werner is one of the fastest footballers in Europe’s top leagues. Even if he makes a mistake though, he has the pace to recover. Remind me a little of Walker actually. And I see goals and assists coming from this lad.

It will be interesting to see him and Son on the same wing. I see him creating way more space for Son then Davies did which is just good all round.

Very good showing in terms of what he will bring to the team, and will improve as well.

My concern is whether Mourinho will allow us to be a flying fullback side again or whether he will try to keep a combo of attacking/defending FBs. Would like to see more of Reguilon and Doherty/Aurier together but will have to see if Mourinho is thinking the same.

Just rewatched his tackle on Hudson-Odoi again as it was so good.

Bit of a risky tackle since it is easy to rip your ACL up doing it. But it looks great. Lahm and Naingolan are masters at it.

There's a bloody 5 minute video of Naingolan only doing it.

Just rewatched his tackle on Hudson-Odoi again as it was so good.

Bit of a risky tackle since it is easy to rip your ACL up doing it. But it looks great. Lahm and Naingolan are masters at it.

There's a bloody 5 minute video of Naingolan only doing it.

The tackle is named after him.

Don't think I saw him threatened once.

Also made 4 key passes - the most of any player on the pitch.

Last edited:
United have left themselves with a tub of lard as left back because they had a tizzy over a buy back clause that will likely never be activated. Shockingly run club. And a massive bonus for us. Could become one of the best left backs in the league.

United have left themselves with a tub of lard as left back because they had a tizzy over a buy back clause that will likely never be activated. Shockingly run club. And a massive bonus for us. Could become one of the best left backs in the league.

I think the ref giving chubs a sympathy yellow is almost more offensive than a red.

Reggie was great today once again. I love his confidence.

Back
Top Bottom