Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know I'm no longer a minority voice on the topic of our midfield and the use of Sissoko in it thereof, many saw just how inept he was last night, but this is the sequence leading up to the second goal. It's horrendous, but more so when you think the only justification for picking him is supposedly his "defensive" work.

I think as it unfolds you can see for yourself what unfolds. You could say some of it is just utter stupidity, like the second phase where he doesn't even seem to be watching what's happening with Aurier/Stevens, but some of it is just plain fucking laziness.

1. You see him able into shot. He actually has a chance to cut out the initial pass but just watches it roll past him.

2. He then has a chance to deal with Osbourne and his run, but just gives his shirt a tug and then watches as he runs off him.

3. Worst bit, having ambled up watching Sanchez have to deal with Osbourne, he doesn't even try to help cover Aurier, he's seems absolutely fucking oblivious to Aurier/Stevens, if he'd just been arsed to look he'd be able to help out.

It's fucking horrendous.

I know I'm no longer a minority voice on the topic of our midfield and the use of Sissoko in it thereof, many saw just how inept he was last night, but this is the sequence leading up to the second goal. It's horrendous, but more so when you think the only justification for picking him is supposedly his "defensive" work.

I think as it unfolds you can see for yourself what unfolds. You could say some of it is just utter stupidity, like the second phase where he doesn't even seem to be watching what's happening with Aurier/Stevens, but some of it is just plain fucking laziness.

1. You see him able into shot. He actually has a chance to cut out the initial pass but just watches it roll past him.

2. He then has a chance to deal with Osbourne and his run, but just gives his shirt a tug and then watches as he runs off him.

3. Worst bit, having ambled up watching Sanchez have to deal with Osbourne, he doesn't even try to help cover Aurier, he's seems absolutely fucking oblivious to Aurier/Stevens, if he'd just been arsed to look he'd be able to help out.

It's fucking horrendous.
yeah I don't have to watch that to know what you mean. It was a case of 'there's almost someone else dealing with this, so I'll take the foot off'. But there wasn't, they were given space and they scored. It was infuriating. In that case (where losing), there's no 'if in doubt', there's only 'assume the worst'. Protect the position and build on it. Don't let soft goals sink us. That was heart breaking in so many ways. Classic Sissoko. I know he's better than that. I hated him, but then I loved him and now I want him to be better again.

It's fucking horrendous.

He does it every game - but it doesn't always lead to a goal to the opponents.

It's crazy that certain posters will only see what they want to see.

Sander Berge the lad people said wasnt good enough for spurs had a goal and an assist

The lad that was critisised for his impact on Sheff Utd and the games they've had since his arrival compared to Lundstram which he replaced just prior to our game against them. He played a fine game against us, but has shown very little to prove he'd be good enough for us apart from that one performance.

Yeah, what he should have done was chased the ball like Billy Whizz on speed and got in everyone's way by trying to do their jobs for them. Blakeys problem is that he saves his hate for just one player, he should be like Sammy and just say everyone is shit.

I think he's going to want to go asap. He really doesn't have the time to wait around until the improvements kick in, if they ever do with ENIC, because it's going to take several years. He's going to have to really shift if he wants some silverware. I feel really sorry for him because he's a nice guy with principles and doesn't want to leave his sinking ship but Levy and Mourinho are leaving him with little choice. And of course Levy will love the revenue he will generate if he moves. And if Harry goes, who else might follow. It's a sad time to be a Spurs supporter. I don't really expect to see him starting for us next season but I can but hope.
He should have gone by now but he is too nice & a bit of a mug. Levy probably tells him we are a great team on the rise & its just a matter of time before the trophies come flooding in.
When the truth is its profit over success.
Such a shame we didn't make the most of kane. He will be like shearer if he started his career at Newcastle. Noble & loyal but no medals.
The other reason we might be able to keep him is it must only be a handful of teams who could afford him & need a striker. As well as him seeming like the sort that wouldn't move abroad. Can't see liverpool in for him. City hmmmm? United yes.

It's fucking horrendous.
You’re correct in this instance, he was appalling all game

He was tired wet nursing Aurier all game but it still doesn’t excuse Davies who had one player to Mark and didn’t do it
Shitshow all round imv

But it does beg the question if he’s that shit why do supposedly good managers like Poch Deschamps and Jose keep picking him?

Maybe they know more about the game than you two???

He was tired wet nursing Aurier all game but it still doesn’t excuse Davies who had one player to Mark and didn’t do it
Shitshow all round imv

But it does beg the question if he’s that shit why do supposedly good managers like Poch Deschamps and Jose keep picking him?

But he does a shit job of nursing Aurier.

Just like he did a shit job of nursing Trippier.

And that shouldn't even be an excuse. Wanyama would nurse Walker too and never left the amount of space Sissoko does - because he knew what the fuck he was doing.

Shitshow all round imv

Well, Poch went from being "magic" and our best coach in 50 years, taking us to our first CL final, to sacked. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his decision making.

Deschamps is the international equivalent of Tony Pullis. He could win the World Cup with his second 11, has possibly the best international squad there's ever been, but makes some bizarre selections, not just occasionally Sissoko, and plays dour football. He selected Sissoko for the the Euros and got beat by a Ronaldo-less shit Portugal team on home soil. Didin't select Sissoko for the WC in Russia and won it in second gear.

And it's hardly going well for Mourinho is it? Shit performances and results. He's been sacked from his last two PL jobs, and a big part of that was his mismanagement of his squads.

And Poch and Mourinho have also continually selected players like Trippier, Aurier, Davies, etc who you don't rate, so are they actually better than you think then? Managers make mistakes constantly, that's why even the seemingly untouchable "magic" ones, get the bullet.

Well, Poch went from being "magic" and our best coach in 50 years, taking us to our first CL final, to sacked. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his decision making.

Deschamps is the international equivalent of Tony Pullis. He could win the World Cup with his second 11, has possibly the best international squad there's ever been, but makes some bizarre selections, not just occasionally Sissoko, and plays dour football. He selected Sissoko for the the Euros and got beat by a Ronaldo-less shit Portugal team on home soil. Didin't select Sissoko for the WC in Russia and won it in second gear.

And it's hardly going well for Mourinho is it? Shit performances and results. He's been sacked from his last two PL jobs, and a big part of that was his mismanagement of his squads.

And Poch and Mourinho have also continually selected players like Trippier, Aurier, Davies, etc who you don't rate, so are they actually better than you think then? Managers make mistakes constantly, that's why even the seemingly untouchable "magic" ones, get the bullet.

So you two know more than the three aforementioned managers then?

They’re all shite?

Wow

Having said that in the sequence you carefully choreographed he looked shocking but I’m sure if you could be arse you could do a similar sequence for any of our players in that game, Hugo and Harry excepted
It was a shitshow

We look to be back where we were at the Brighton game

If no money available in the next transfer window what then?

Can’t see Levy sacking Jose before next season and no way will José walk so a bleak future ahead

Why don’t you two offer your services?
Will your CVs stand up to scrutiny?

But he does a shit job of nursing Aurier.

Just like he did a shit job of nursing Trippier.

And that shouldn't even be an excuse. Wanyama would nurse Walker too and never left the amount of space Sissoko does - because he knew what the fuck he was doing.

Could anyone do a better job of nursing Aurier?

He shouldn’t be in the team
Full stop

Back
Top Bottom